Jets sign WR Saalim Hakim

joewilly12

I know he chose not to resign with us....I wouldn't either after being cut

So then what's your point?  They clearly didn't choose Hakim over Spadola.

The Jets intended to move Spadola back down to the PS, which is better than what 30 other NFL teams were willing to do.  Yet he picked the one other team willing to offer him a PS spot. Meanwhile, the Jets were the ones who signed him as an UDFA, gave him plenty of opportunities throughout camp and preseason and even gave him a roster spot heading into the regular season.  Yet he runs off because after 4+ weeks, the Jets were only willing to offer him as much as any other NFL team was?  All it tells me is that he's a spiteful little bitch who has no appreciation for what the team did for him.  So what do you think, the Jets should have continued to give him a roster spot they didn't believe he deserved (and clearly no other NFL team thinks he does either) because of a fear of his pettiness?  Screw him.

The Jets intended to move Spadola back down to the PS, which is better than what 30 other NFL teams were willing to do.  Yet he picked the one other team willing to offer him a PS spot. Meanwhile, the Jets were the ones who signed him as an UDFA, gave him plenty of opportunities throughout camp and preseason and even gave him a roster spot heading into the regular season.  Yet he runs off because after 4+ weeks, the Jets were only willing to offer him as much as any other NFL team was?  All it tells me is that he's a spiteful little bitch who has no appreciation for what the team did for him.  So what do you think, the Jets should have continued to give him a roster spot they didn't believe he deserved (and clearly no other NFL team thinks he does either) because of a fear of his pettiness?  Screw him.

Or, it means he prefers South Beach in the Winter months like millions of others. 

Or, it means the Dolphins only having 4 active receivers gives him a better chance at cracking a roster.

Or, it means the Dolphins offered him more mula to practice on their squad. 

Or, like you said, he was offended that Campbell got the nod over him.  Maybe there are some SanJay politics we're unaware of. 

Or, it means he prefers South Beach in the Winter months like millions of others. 

Or, it means the Dolphins only having 4 active receivers gives him a better chance at cracking a roster.

Or, it means the Dolphins offered him more mula to practice on their squad. 

Or, like you said, he was offended that Campbell got the nod over him.  Maybe there are some SanJay politics we're unaware of. 

Not to mention there is no state tax in Florida

The kid played great in preseason and I feel he would have done well with the Jets if he was able to get more plays out on the field prior to him being cut.  I dont think they should have cut him....that is my point....and just bc the Jets decided to do that, does it really mean that it was the right move? No, it doesn't, i think they fcked up....sorry you feel differently.

The kid played great in preseason and I feel he would have done well with the Jets if he was able to get more plays out on the field prior to him being cut.  I dont think they should have cut him....that is my point....and just bc the Jets decided to do that, does it really mean that it was the right move? No, it doesn't, i think they fcked up....sorry you feel differently.

That's fine you feel that way, I guess my point is I don't get how that really corresponds to the Hakim signing other than them both being WRs, considering Spadola was already gone before they decided to bring him in.

I agree Spadola looked good in the preseason, but in the end there's not one team in the NFL who apparently sees him as worthy of an active roster spot and the Jets chose each of Clyde Gates, David Nelson and Michael Campbell over him, so that's got to tell you something.

Archived