flgreen

NEW YORK JETS

Locker Room Buzz: New York Jets

November, 3, 2013

NOV 3

7:00

PM ET

By Rich Cimini | ESPNNewYork.com

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- A few observations from the locker room after the New York Jets' 26-20 win over the New Orleans Saints:

Ryan

Sibling rivalry: Rex Ryan couldn't resist. As soon as he arrived at the interview podium, the Jets' coach cracked, "All right, I beat my brother again." He sure did. Since taking over the Jets in 2009, Rex is 3-0 against his twin brother, Rob, who has worked as the defensive coordinator for the Cleveland Browns, Dallas Cowboys and Saints. In their lifetime series, dating back to their days as college assistants, Rex holds a 7-3 lead in the Ryan Bowl series. He joked about it in his postgame address to the team, according to players, telling them he's still "undefeated" against his brother.

The entire Ryan clan attended the game, including their dad, Buddy, and older brother, Jim. Buddy was waiting outside the Jets' locker room when Rex emerged, smiling.

Speak softly, but ... : Running back Chris Ivory drew the biggest crowd of reporters in the locker room, which is ironic because he usually has very little to say. He ran for 139 yards and a touchdown against his former team, but he didn't crow about it, that's for sure. He barely spoke above a whisper, forcing reporters to crane their necks, trying to get a better listen. His teammates did a lot of talking on his behalf, all of them saying he was highly motivated to beat his old team. "You could see it in his eyes," WR David Nelson said. Ryan added, "When he's healthy, he's a punch-you-in-the-face kind of back."

Injury list: WR Jeremy Kerley left in the second quarter with a potentially serious elbow injury. Ryan didn't provide an update. If he's out for an extended period, it would be a blow to the offense. Kerley leads the team with 28 receptions and 347 receiving yards. The good news for the receiving corps is that Santonio Holmes, who has missed five games with a hamstring injury, could be ready to return after the bye week. S Antonio Allen (possible concussion), LB Garrett McIntyre (knee) and LB Calvin Pace (undisclosed) also suffered injuries. The bye comes at a good time.

NEW YORK JETS

Locker Room Buzz: New York Jets

November, 3, 2013

NOV 3

7:00

PM ET

By Rich Cimini | ESPNNewYork.com

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- A few observations from the locker room after the New York Jets' 26-20 win over the New Orleans Saints:

Ryan

Sibling rivalry: Rex Ryan couldn't resist. As soon as he arrived at the interview podium, the Jets' coach cracked, "All right, I beat my brother again." He sure did. Since taking over the Jets in 2009, Rex is 3-0 against his twin brother, Rob, who has worked as the defensive coordinator for the Cleveland Browns, Dallas Cowboys and Saints. In their lifetime series, dating back to their days as college assistants, Rex holds a 7-3 lead in the Ryan Bowl series. He joked about it in his postgame address to the team, according to players, telling them he's still "undefeated" against his brother.

The entire Ryan clan attended the game, including their dad, Buddy, and older brother, Jim. Buddy was waiting outside the Jets' locker room when Rex emerged, smiling.

Speak softly, but ... : Running back Chris Ivory drew the biggest crowd of reporters in the locker room, which is ironic because he usually has very little to say. He ran for 139 yards and a touchdown against his former team, but he didn't crow about it, that's for sure. He barely spoke above a whisper, forcing reporters to crane their necks, trying to get a better listen. His teammates did a lot of talking on his behalf, all of them saying he was highly motivated to beat his old team. "You could see it in his eyes," WR David Nelson said. Ryan added, "When he's healthy, he's a punch-you-in-the-face kind of back."

Injury list: WR Jeremy Kerley left in the second quarter with a potentially serious elbow injury. Ryan didn't provide an update. If he's out for an extended period, it would be a blow to the offense. Kerley leads the team with 28 receptions and 347 receiving yards. The good news for the receiving corps is that Santonio Holmes, who has missed five games with a hamstring injury, could be ready to return after the bye week. S Antonio Allen (possible concussion), LB Garrett McIntyre (knee) and LB Calvin Pace (undisclosed) also suffered injuries. The bye comes at a good time.

What gets lost is how many times Ivory gets the ball when the defense absolutely knows he's coming, especially late in the game.   Telegraphing his runs really stinks up his YPC.  Not that stats are everything, but just sayin'.  The guy is even better than his stats indicate.

What? Looking at the replay tells you that he may be out that amount of time? Based on what?

Well, the replay shows his elbow bending in a way that makes me very nauseous.  I would imagine he's going to miss significant time based on how gross that was.

Well, the replay shows his elbow bending in a way that makes me very nauseous.  I would imagine he's going to miss significant time based on how gross that was.

Dislocated elbow? Ouch. I did that once, actually, while playing football in high school. I was in a cast for two weeks and then it took another two weeks to be able to fully extend my arm again. Hope it doesn't take Kerley that long

Not great that out leading WR who is now out has 347 yards at the halfway point. Whats up with that? I thought this was a passing offense

Seriously. When you have studs the ilk of David Nelson and Greg Salas as your other receivers, there's no excuse for these kinds of numbers...

Archived