..are the jets...Belichicking ? ? ?

kelly

Salas, Sudfeld and Nelson!

"Hah? Who is that? Is that a law firm?" 'No! They are the names of new players on the NY Jets."

"But, where did they come from?" "I do not know, but it seems Idzik and the Jets are Belichicking!"

"What? What is Belichicking?" "Belichicking is when you have injuries and instead of coming up with excuses, you pick up guys that step in and help you win."

"Oh, I get it. The Jets never really had that. In the past, when guys got hurt, we sort of hung it up like in 1999, when Vinny Testaverde went down in the first game and our season was over!" "Exactly!"

Well Jets fans, so far we have to like what we see. Holmes is out, no problem. Winslow is suspended, no problem! Jeff Cumberland has a concussion, no problem. Kerley's elbow is dislocated, no problem. Sanchez is out, no problem. Actually we say, "best thing that happened to Rex! lol

Idzik and the scouting team seem to find guys and plug them in and win! Finally, it seems we have a smart, football guy leading the Jets. Oh, and guess what? As a by-product, Rex may have saved his job. It also looks like Marty Mornhinweg is perfect to nurture and bring up Geno Smith. I like about 90% of his play calling. That's a big increase from the 20% I liked about Sparano's and the 40% I liked from Schottenheimer!

Last Sunday, the Jets beat the 6-1, first place New Orleans Saints. After a rough Jets start going down 14 -6, the NY Jets adjusted on both sides of the ball and took over the game. Although the final score was 26-20, it really wasn't that close as the Jets had a 9 point lead for most of the second half.

The defense put pressure on Drew Brees and the offensive lines opened up some big holes for Chris Ivory to run through. It's what Parcells always states, you win the game in the trenches. The Jets defensive and offensive lines both dominated most of the game. This is one of the elite teams in the NFL the Jets beat. Geno managed the game very well and didn't commit any turnovers while the Saints had two.

It was a very good win and a sign that the Jets art maturing and have good coaches on both sides of the ball. And, lets not forget Mr. Nick Folk! He is having an unbelievable year.

However, a big disappointment is Stephen Hill! This should be his time to shine. He said he wants to be the primary receiver this year. Well, with Holmes, Kerley, Winslow, Cumberland all out of last Sunday's game, he was nowhere to be found! Instead it was the law firm of Salas, Sudfeld and Nelson making plays! It's so disappointing he hasn't stepped up!

Let's get some rest and beat up on Buffalo next. The Jets have a chance to win 10 games and make the playoffs. I will have to eat my words, but that is OK, it will not be the first time! Go JETS!

> http://blog.nj.com/jets/2013/11/sala...nd_nelson.html

• 1 month later...

Archived