If Danny Woodhead were still a Jet, he'd be the best playmaker we have...

Integrity28

You said making the most of their OPPORTUNITIES.  They have been.  When healthy, they are absolutely better weaponz than Danny f*ckin Woodhead.

LOL, so you are going to hang your hat on the semantics of word choice... again.

Got it.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not my fault you used the word.  Just in Fudge, Root Trees and Centerpiece.  You would think you've learned by now.  Except you're a primate.

I never actually said "root", that was CTM goofing on me. He actually agreed with my point though, back when that conversation happened. 

Also...

Woodhead: 129 touches, 735 yards, 7 TD

Ivory: 117 touches, 500 yards, 2 TD

Holmes: 13 touches, 326 yards, 1 TD

The only argument you've won is that I should've used a different cliché than "centerpiece", perhaps "key cog" or "important playmaker"?

If Danny Woodhead were a Jet, he'd be at best the 3rd best weapon on our roster.  Does that crystallize it for you?  I believe I'm answering your question appropriately.

Sure he would...

Woodhead: 129 touches, 735 yards, 7 TD

Ivory: 117 touches, 500 yards, 2 TD

Holmes: 13 touches, 326 yards, 1 TD

Because this tells the story...

JF80 threw stats at me, so I counted with stats to shut him up.

All you've got to do is watch football and you'd see right away that Woodhead would be the most valuable offensive weapon on our team if he were still here. He's durable, productive, versatile and great for high-percentage throws (which ya know, would probably help a rookie QB).

JF80 threw stats at me, so I counted with stats to shut him up.

All you've got to do is watch football and you'd see right away that Woodhead would be the most valuable offensive weapon on our team if he were still here. He's durable, productive, versatile and great for high-percentage throws (which ya know, would probably help a rookie QB).

Holmes

Powell

Kerley

Woodhead

Bilal Powell would be doing the exact same thing Woodhead is doing if he was playing in San Diego.

Good God, you couldn't be more wrong.

Powell doesn't have the speed or hands that Woodhead does, nor does he have the open-field vision.

LOL

You don't actually think I'm going to bite on this garbage do you? 

What garbage?

Powell >>>> Woodhead - its not close.

This conversation is stupid.  

Jets fans are dumb. 

The shinny object is always better but the situation never matters.

It has everything to do with it. 

Woodhead exceeds in the short passing game because of his own ability after the catch. Is Rivers blocking for him? 

Yes, if Powell were catching passes in San Diego he'd have more opportunities- but Im not judging their ability off of opportunity. Woodhead is quicker and much more instinctive runner. Powell's cutbacks are way too slow for an undersized player.

Riddle me this Matt, Ape:  Why would the Patriots in all their infinite wisdom let go of the elite playmaker that is Danny Woodhead?

Didn't they see that with Welker gone they needed a new centerpiece 5-yard catch guy?

Oh wait, they replaced him with Julian Edelman.  2 TD's against the Broncos last week.

Centerpiece.

Riddle me this Matt:  Why would the Patriots in all their infinite wisdom let go of the elite playmaker that is Danny Woodhead?

Didn't they see that with Welker gone they needed a new centerpiece 5-yard catch guy?

Oh wait, they replaced him with Julian Edelman.  2 TD's against the Broncos last week.

Centerpiece.

Because Shane Vereen is better. You realize once him and Gronk came back Brady looks like Brady again?

The Vereen type of player has always been a big part of the Patriots offense. 

Woodhead exceeds in the short passing game because of his own ability after the catch. Is Rivers blocking for him? 

Yes, if Powell were catching passes in San Diego he'd have more opportunities- but Im not judging their ability off of opportunity. Woodhead is quicker and much more instinctive runner. Powell's cutbacks are way too slow for an undersized player.

No.  Not at all. 

Because Shane Vereen is better. You realize once him and Gronk came back Brady looks like Brady again?

Of course he's better.  But that doesn't help the "Woodhead is a playmaker" argument.  Woodhead is so good that the Pats let him go without a thought and just put in the next guy. 

Of course he's better.  But that doesn't help the "Woodhead is a playmaker" argument.  Woodhead is so good that the Pats let him go without a thought and just put in the next guy. 

If Shane Vereen werent on the team Woodhead would have been back. Just so happened they made a nice pick in Vereen who's also really good.

Woodhead is making plays.

Look, no one is arguing that a guy like Woodhead doesn't have some value.  Every team with a really good QB can use a guy who they can check-down to and expect that he'll hold onto the ball and maybe get some YAC.

But acting like Woodhead would significantly improve our offense is a farce.  You need a QB first.  No one respects Woodhead when great QB's are slinging it to their WR's and TE's.  That's why Woodhead is able to find space. 

If Shane Vereen werent on the team Woodhead would have been back. Just so happened they made a nice pick in Vereen who's also really good.

Woodhead is making plays.

Doesn't make him a playmaker, and it doesn't make him irreplacable.  Just a complimentary piece to a really good offense. 

Look, no one is arguing that a guy like Woodhead doesn't have some value.  Every team with a really good QB can use a guy who they can check-down to and expect that he'll hold onto the ball and maybe get some YAC.

But acting like Woodhead would significantly improve our offense is a farce.  You need a QB first.  No one respects Woodhead when great QB's are slinging it to their WR's and TE's.  That's why Woodhead is able to find space. 

Woodhead would improve our offense. Our offense is unwatchable.

Archived