If Danny Woodhead were still a Jet, he'd be the best playmaker we have...

Integrity28

I wanted to start a thread about roster management and the absence of talent we have at skill positions, due to an organizational inability to evaluate and retain the right players.

Every other thread is about not having a QB. If you want to cry about that sh*t, do it elsewhere. All you've done here is move this thread further and further away from a legitimate topic, that wasn't redundant with the other 30 elementary "zomg everything sucks" threads on the board. 

If you can't lend anything to a higher caliber conversation, stay out of it.

Thread is excellent.  Title is misleading and an outright fib. 

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forget about the nitpicking - Integrity28's point is well taken - giving up Woodhead for McKnight was a bad move. It reflects on the decision making today - instead of going by results, we go by draft status.

btw - Don't understand this infatuation with Ivory - he has no moves; I still like Powell more - he squeezes more out of every run that Ivory does. I really don't like rb's with dreadlocks coming out of their helmet (Cribbs too) - it looks like they are being weighed down by their hair, and are a bit slower. But that's just me.

I do, they won a SB and he was the SB MVP.

Havent won it since he left.

They dumped him for a garbage pick and immediately replaced him with a better player. One 1,000 yard season. No All-pro noms; no Pro Bowls; one season with 80 catches. Absolute loser off the field. You keep slurping that turd, dipsh*t.

Woodhead: 129 touches, 735 yards, 7 TD

Ivory: 117 touches, 500 yards, 2 TD

Holmes: 13 touches, 326 yards, 1 TD

Expanding on this further, I had to go back 2 years because Holmes only played 4 miserable games last year.

Here is his last 16 game season:

51 catches, 654 yards, 8 TDs

So, in a full season as the #1 target for the Jets Holmes barely matched the production of Woodhead through 12 games this year... but yeah, if Woodhead was still a Jets there's no question Holmes is better. LOL

Because everyone knows that sh*t you did in one game, 5 years ago and nursing injuries is far more valuable than a productive player that moves the chains in the run and passing game right now.

Expanding on this further, I had to go back 2 years because Holmes only played 4 miserable games last year.

Here is his last 16 game season:

51 catches, 654 yards, 8 TDs

So, in a full season as the #1 target for the Jets Holmes barely matched the production of Woodhead through 12 games this year... but yeah, if Woodhead was still a Jets there's no question Holmes is better. LOL

Because everyone knows that sh*t you did in one game, 5 years ago and nursing injuries is far more valuable than a productive player that moves the chains in the run and passing game right now.

School is out! Jif lacks knowledge.

They dumped him for a garbage pick and immediately replaced him with a better player. One 1,000 yard season. No All-pro noms; no Pro Bowls; one season with 80 catches. Absolute loser off the field. You keep slurping that turd, dipsh*t.

Have not won it since.

Danny Woodhead could do that in his sleep.

Santonio hasn't done anything remotely close to that valuable in OUR offense (which is what I said in the OP) in like 3 seasons. You sound as absurd as the dopes pining over Braylon every week as if he's the answer when you talk about how valuable Santonio is to us. 

Holmes is DONE.

Woodhead is producing NOW.

My original post says, Woodhead would be the best player on our offense. Like... present tense dude. As in... now, now in 2009 when Holmes was a Steeler and somehow his accomplishments there map over to the Jets in some weird way that gives dumb people the impression that Holmes has done those great things --- err, excuse me that great thing --- for the Jets.

Santonio hasn't done anything remotely close to that valuable in OUR offense (which is what I said in the OP) in like 3 seasons. You sound as absurd as the dopes pining over Braylon every week as if he's the answer when you talk about how valuable Santonio is to us. 

Holmes is DONE.

Woodhead is producing NOW.

My original post says, Woodhead would be the best player on our offense. Like... present tense dude. As in... now, now in 2009 when Holmes was a Steeler and somehow his accomplishments there map over to the Jets in some weird way that gives dumb people the impression that Holmes has done those great things --- err, excuse me that great thing --- for the Jets.

Of course he hasn't done for us what he did for Pittsburgh.  Look who has been throwing him the ball.  He still managed to score 14 TD's in those 2010-11 seasons.  He was our best receiver those two seasons with a borderline retard tossing the rock.  And he's currently our best receiver right now.  He was the only one who showed up for the Bills game 2 weeks ago.

Just because he hasn't been a game-changer here doesn't mean he isn't a better player than Danny f*ckin Woodhead.

Of course he hasn't done for us what he did for Pittsburgh.  Look who has been throwing him the ball.  He still managed to score 14 TD's in those 2010-11 seasons.  He was our best receiver those two seasons with a borderline retard tossing the rock.  And he's currently our best receiver right now.  He was the only one who showed up for the Bills game 2 weeks ago.

Just because he hasn't been a game-changer here doesn't mean he isn't a better player than Danny f*ckin Woodhead.

Do you even read the dumb sh*t you write?

Woodhead has play a huge role in multiple wins for the Chargers this year, and we saw him do the same with the Patriots. Playing a huge role in winning games = game changer IMO.

You are seriously arguing that a guy that hasn't played a full season in 2 years is better than a guy finishing each week as one of the top 2-3 offensive contributors for the team he is on. 

LMFAO you goofball.

Woodhead has play a huge role in multiple wins for the Chargers this year, and we saw him do the same with the Patriots. Playing a huge role in winning games = game changer IMO.

You are seriously arguing that a guy that hasn't played a full season in 2 years is better than a guy finishing each week as one of the top 2-3 offensive contributors for the team he is on. 

LMFAO you goofball.

Holmes would thrive with Phillip Rivers too.

The one that doesn't have to play for Norv Turner anymore.

So, Turner ruined Rivers, who was revived by McCoy, who uses Woodhead as a central piece in his offense, and Woodhead was given a free agent contract explicitly for contributing to this offense, even thought any guy could do what Woodhead does, and well... basically you are saying everyone is responsible for Woodhead being a more valuable offensive weapon than Santonio Holmes, except Woodhead himself. Thus his talent and ability would not translate to the Jets, a team devoid of any playmakers at all, but still the fact that Woodhead has nothing to do with why Woodhead is good at football automatically makes Holmes a guy whose contributions haven't mattered since the 2009 SB, who hasn't been healthy in 2 years, a better offensive weapon.

Got it. 

I'm assuming you need help tying your shoes each morning, or do you just go with velcro instead at this point?

LMFAO you goofball.

Woodhead is a lunch pail guy who will help a talented team by filling a role.

Santonio is a Superbowl MVP.  Woodhead is 0-1 in Superbowls. 

On the Jets offense he will suck just like everyone else. His talent will be looked over just like his jersey at Modell's. 

On the Jets offense he will suck just like everyone else. His talent will be looked over just like his jersey at Modell's. 

+1

Chris Ivory > Mike Goodson> Josh Cribbs> Flight Crew > Danny Woodhead

I'm bored with this.  It's been fun kicking your a$$ up and down this thread but time to move on.

I pwned you more than you pwned me... I'll post the stats to prove it, but only the ones that support my argument and they are from 2009 mind you. But it's true!!! 

NO! NO! NOOOO!!!!!!! I will literally cut off your flabby man boobs and beat you with them... then watch you bleed gravy.

I pwned you more than you pwned me... I'll post the stats to prove it, but only the ones that support my argument and they are from 2009 mind you. But it's true!!! 

NO! NO! NOOOO!!!!!!! I will literally cut off your flabby man boobs and beat you with them... then watch you bleed gravy.

You will take my teet in your filthy chapped monkey lips and fall asleep in my bosom.

Archived