If Danny Woodhead were still a Jet, he'd be the best playmaker we have...

Integrity28

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Phillip Rivers and Geno Smith have nothing to do with all that. 

Wait, you were the one throwing stats at me ... and your stats said Ivory was better, so I grabbed stats that show Woodhead has been better ... and now you want to divert and attribute it to the QBs?

I'm not as high on Powell as JiF is.  But much like Woodhead, they're both pretty much JAG's.  Just the Ape being Ape with this stuff, not worth a 5-page thread.

Woodhead can very agreeably be called a JAG, but I still contend he'd still be far more valuable to our offense than anyone we've currently got... you've done nothing to dissuade me from admitting my original statement was exaggerated or anything else.

Look at you sulk though, amazing... 

the sh*tty thing about Woodhead is they invested all sorts of time in him, including keeping him a year on IR when he tore his ACL. And then did a side by side comparison against Joe MckNight and found MckNight to be the better player. For that and many other reasons, Tanny was fired. 

Whether or not Woodhead would be good in this offense or not, it's hypothetical. Certainly the team would be better with him. Even his abilities to play specials, field punts etc would have been useful at certain points this year (pre-cribbs)

Look, no one is arguing that a guy like Woodhead doesn't have some value.  Every team with a really good QB can use a guy who they can check-down to and expect that he'll hold onto the ball and maybe get some YAC.

But acting like Woodhead would significantly improve our offense is a farce.  You need a QB first.  No one respects Woodhead when great QB's are slinging it to their WR's and TE's.  That's why Woodhead is able to find space. 

I said he'd be our best player on offense, you dope. AKA "weaponzzzz"

You seem so tuned-in to the details of word-choice, except where it concerns what I actually said. Figures.

You really couldn't help but step in sh*t then put your foot in your mouth here could you?

Wait, you were the one throwing stats at me ... and your stats said Ivory was better, so I grabbed stats that show Woodhead has been better ... and now you want to divert and attribute it to the QBs?

Correct.  Why wouldn't I?  Rivers has been a Pro Bowl caliber QB nearly his entire career.  Geno is being compared to Sanchez.  Of course Ivory's numbers aren't as good as Woodheads.  That doesn't make Woodhead better.

So you admit he's a JAG.  That's a far cry from a Centerpiece.  I win.

JAGs who contribute at a high-level >>>> street free agents and past-their-prime vets.

See, Woodhead has a prominent role in 2 very good offenses now. While our team, most of them couldn't make a team, other than ours. It's questionable if ANY player in our offense would start, or play a role similar in prominence to Woodhead's, anywhere else.

No, I win.

JAGs who contribute at a high-level >>>> street free agents and past-their-prime vets.

See, Woodhead has a prominent role in 2 very good offenses now. While our team, most of them couldn't make a team, other than ours. It's questionable if ANY player in our offense would start, or play a role similar in prominence to Woodhead's, anywhere else.

No, I win.

You're arguing that Woodhead makes ANY offense better.

I'm arguing that Woodhead helps an already great offense.

We don't have a great offense.  Woodhead wouldn't do anything for us because he's a JAG.  This would be the collective reaction among Jets fans once we saw Woodhead (again) in THIS offense:

15160-you-have-no-power-here_w_zps5f6690

And he's a JAG.  So this thread is irrelevant and useless.  We're arguing over which JAG would be best on our roster full of JAG's.  Woodhead would produce about the same as all our JAG's.  Cool. 

Oh, you edited.

Okay, well... wrong. YOU are arguing. I'm just here being right. Right as rain... and this thread was also supposed to be about roster mismanagement, but because you needed to argue about cliché sports statements for 5 pages, that got kind of lost.

on offense. No question.

To me, the mindless handling of Woodhead, a player who has gone on to out-produce every offensive player who was on the Jets roster at the time of his release, since the time of his release, is one of the top 3 indictments of Rex Ryan.

Easily one of the more stupid results of a regime defined by empty boasts, stupidity and the best man not getting the job.

No, you are putting words in my mouth. I said Woodhead would be our best player on offense.

You're arguing that Woodhead makes ANY offense better.

I'm arguing that Woodhead helps an already great offense.

We don't have a great offense.  Woodhead wouldn't do anything for us because he's a JAG.  This would be the collective reaction among Jets fans once we saw Woodhead (again) in THIS offense:

15160-you-have-no-power-here_w_zps5f6690

No wonder you can't get ******* laid.

Woodhead had a big day in KC with a bunch of catches and Touchdown run,

he also is a  skilled blocker and protector, something the Jets do not do, I've

never seen a Jet running back pick up a blitzing LB, and they dont turn around

for the ball after letting the blitzer go by untouched, Powell drifts into the line

instead of waiting for a player to block, I'm not sure what the other backs do,

but they are not being coached well, the Jets have had some great fullbacks over

the years, any one of them could come in and coach these guys up, not to mention

LT who could also teach because he was textbook in all phases.

Your only ally in this thread is Matt39.

Then I credit him for being the only one that properly interpreted my original post and didn't get hung up on semantics of cliché statements or trying to force an argument by nitpicking/changing the meaning of my initial statement. 

Then I credit him for being the only one that properly interpreted my original post and didn't get hung up on semantics of cliché statements or trying to force an argument by nitpicking/changing the meaning of my initial statement. 

Your lone ally thinks Jonathan Martin is running a Pyramid Scheme.  Great wagon you've hitched yourself to there.

Sure you are.  Even though you've contradicted yourself at least 50 times on what the original point was.  Something you make a big deal out of when literally ANYONE else does it.

Except I haven't changed my meaning, I've tried to re-explain it 10 different ways in a thread full of people misinterpreting it ... and in those re-explanations the meaning got diluted, which is where you found the semantics you chose to argue with. 

And even if that were true who the f*ck cares?  Really?  As long as we have no QB what does it matter?

I wanted to start a thread about roster management and the absence of talent we have at skill positions, due to an organizational inability to evaluate and retain the right players.

Every other thread is about not having a QB. If you want to cry about that sh*t, do it elsewhere. All you've done here is move this thread further and further away from a legitimate topic, that wasn't redundant with the other 30 elementary "zomg everything sucks" threads on the board. 

If you can't lend anything to a higher caliber conversation, stay out of it.

RE: Woodhead, he only works in specific offenses because he can't block and he's not running it out of traditional sets. He's basically a third down back that will get your QB killed if he's asked to pick up a blitz.

By specific offenses, you must mean those that score lots of points.

I do, they won a SB and he was the SB MVP.

Havent won it since he left.

Holmes is a #2. 

He got yards from Hines Ward attracting the attention while with the Steelers. Holmes wasn't, nor will he ever be a team changer at the WR position. He can be a complimentary piece. But, he makes that even more difficult, because of the attitude.

Santonio Holmes was a Super Bowl MVP playing with Ben Roethlisberger.  Not exactly the best case to be making.

LOL, again - Woodhead would be the best player on OUR offense, as in like this year man... If I had said "Woodhead would be the best player on the Steelers 2009 offense", then you'd have something... dufus.

The version of Holmes we have right now is heartless garbage that can't get on the field.

Archived