If Danny Woodhead were still a Jet, he'd be the best playmaker we have...

Integrity28

on offense. No question.

To me, the mindless handling of Woodhead, a player who has gone on to out-produce every offensive player who was on the Jets roster at the time of his release, since the time of his release, is one of the top 3 indictments of Rex Ryan.

Easily one of the more stupid results of a regime defined by empty boasts, stupidity and the best man not getting the job.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait, wait, wait... CobraVerde starts 3-5 dogsh*t threads daily that sound like they've been written by a petulant child, while I'm starting a thread about roster mis-management over the past 5 years using Woodhead as the most grotesque example to back up my point, rather than contributing to the 30-40 "Rex sucks" "Geno sucks" "Sign Braylon" threads on the board at any given time...

...and this mofo neg reps me? LOLZA

Wait, wait, wait... CobraVerde starts 3-5 dogsh*t threads daily that sound like they've been written by a petulant child, while I'm starting a thread about roster mis-management over the past 5 years using Woodhead as the most grotesque example to back up my point, rather than contributing to the 30-40 "Rex sucks" "Geno sucks" "Sign Braylon" threads on the board at any given time...

I agree  with you, but the old thread has too many great  lines to let die with a new one.

I agree  with you, but the old thread has too many great  lines to let die with a new one.

So, we can have only one Woodhead thread, but many threads about WEAPONZZZ? Because I can spin this as a thread about weapons too, ya know... 

and I repped you WTF ?? :)

on offense. No question.

To me, the mindless handling of Woodhead, a player who has gone on to out-produce every offensive player who was on the Jets roster at the time of his release, since the time of his release, is one of the top 3 indictments of Rex Ryan.

Easily one of the more stupid results of a regime defined by empty boasts, stupidity and the best man not getting the job.

Joe Theisman agrees with you so you do have that working for ya.......☺

I think getting rid of Braylon and Cotchery then bringning in an ex con that shot himself and a well know malcontent was worse.   I think a big part of what originally made Woodhead good in NE was playing with Tom Brady.  Now he has a niche and is a real nice little player.Jets knew Sanchez was bad was trying to surround him with super players I guess. 

You forget that we actually went and drafted Joe McKnight, spending two picks (to trade up) while we already had Woodhead on the roster. Then we cut Woodhead for a kid who showed up to camp so out of shape he puked all over himself.

Yikes that makes it wasy worse.  Like coming to grips with your un-employed adult child then finding out he knocked up the dog. 

He was just another Brett Ratliff. Seriously though, players that got away like Woodhead are some of the major reasons why I want to see Simms on the field. I dont trust this organizations evaluation of talent outside the area of DL. There have been others to get away and be much more successful after leaving. Jonathan Goodwin is another one. He left in 2005 - but still makes me question the organization as a whole. He would be our best guard right now. Cotchery would be our best WR or atleast as good as Kerley. There have been others too.

He was just another Brett Ratliff. Seriously though, players that got away like Woodhead are some of the major reasons why I want to see Simms on the field. I dont trust this organizations evaluation of talent outside the area of DL. There have been others to get away and be much more successful after leaving. Jonathan Goodwin is another one. He left in 2005 - but still makes me question the organization as a whole. He would be our best guard right now. Cotchery would be our best WR or atleast as good as Kerley. There have been others too.

Riggins.

I think getting rid of Braylon and Cotchery then bringning in an ex con that shot himself and a well know malcontent was worse.   I think a big part of what originally made Woodhead good in NE was playing with Tom Brady.  Now he has a niche and is a real nice little player.Jets knew Sanchez was bad was trying to surround him with super players I guess. 

A niche?

Woodhead has been the centerpiece of what SD is doing on offense this year, and he's playing better now than he ever did with Brady. Woodhead has been one of the most steadily productive players in the league at RB this year. Much more than a "nice little player".

A niche?

Woodhead has been the centerpiece of what SD is doing on offense this year, and he's playing better now than he ever did with Brady. Woodhead has been one of the most steadily productive players in the league at RB this year. Much more than a "nice little player".

My point is he wasn't that player here.  He was a small guy that flashed here and there. 

But that's not what you said, you said he's a niche player - which just isn't true. 

No monkey ass.  I said he had a niche.  Like a scat back that makes people miss.  He fits a role.  The Patriots defined that role and San Diego is using him correctly.  Still don;t think losing that midget we didn't use right in the first place has as much an impact leaving as Braylon and Cotch.  

IMO, the Woodhead story is due more to the re-emergence of Phillip Rivers than his shere "awesomeness". His rushing numbers aren't anything to write home about. Its the receiving part that you have to worry about in SD. I think that's what Crusher is referring to when he calls him a "niche" player. 

IMO, the Woodhead story is due more to the re-emergence of Phillip Rivers than his shere "awesomeness". His rushing numbers aren't anything to write home about. Its the receiving part that you have to worry about in SD. I think that's what Crusher is referring to when he calls him a "niche" player. 

Exactly.  He fits a niche. If you got a good team he will help that team.  7 Danny Woodheads couldn't help the Jets.  Hi ho hi ho

No monkey ass.  I said he had a niche.  Like a scat back that makes people miss.  He fits a role.  The Patriots defined that role and San Diego is using him correctly.  Still don;t think losing that midget we didn't use right in the first place has as much an impact leaving as Braylon and Cotch.  

That's all well and good, but I didn't compare Woodhead to those bums... I said if we still had Woodhead he'd be our best weapon. 

Archived