Sooooo, the Panthers are pretty fired up over the Holmes comments

T0mShane

No one is saying motivation isn't important, at least from what I've read. What I see mentioned more, which is what I believe, is that these are professional athletes, who not only just got their asses handed to them on national television, but are fighting for their chances to make the playoffs. If some non-incendiary comment is the only thing that can get them amped for this game, then either their coaches are terrible motivators or they don't care about the game outside of the paycheck.

I don't want to make a big deal out of it either, but you know that it's easier to hate something with a face on it. Yes, "playoff chances," "pride," and "being a professional" are motivating factors, but the ol' "disrespected by Player X" card is always the easiest and most effective one to play, especially this late in a season.

I don't want to make a big deal out of it either, but you know that it's easier to hate something with a face on it. Yes, "playoff chances," "pride," and "being a professional" are motivating factors, but the ol' "disrespected by Player X" card is always the easiest and most effective one to play, especially this late in a season.

That's all true and I know these guys are motivated to beat their old teams or someone that "wronged them," but what about all the guys that harbored those feelings, but just weren't that good? David Nelson wanted to show up the Bills for finding out via twitter that he wasn't going to be brought back, that didn't stop him from being teh suck.  While I will certainly concede that extra motivation can help, I'm leery of how much it helps and in the end still feel talent and execution trumps emotion. Stupid of Holmes to say it, but I wouldn't be surprised to find out that Cimini, Mehta et al. probed him repeatedly about the opposing teams' defense and he just let one slip. I mean he even preceded his comment, with "not to call these guys out."

I think the chances of them trying to sleepwalk through a late season game against a miserable offense was significantly lessened, yes.

they are a game behind the saints in the division with 3 to go, and if they win the division they probably get the #2 seed and a bye

sleepwalking was never an option

and what is said on the field all day long is nothing compared to what holmes said

players look up each others family history and look for things to make fun of and get under each others skin with

this is nothing dude

Obviously, I don't think Holmes' comments swing the score 20 points. I'm just saying that the only chance these Jets have if beating anyone is if 1. They quit on the season coughraiders or 2. The team they're playing forgets to show up coughsaints. Holmes eliminated that opportunity.

Obviously, I don't think Holmes' comments swing the score 20 points. I'm just saying that the only chance these Jets have if beating anyone is if 1. They quit on the season coughraiders or 2. The team they're playing forgets to show up coughsaints. Holmes eliminated that opportunity.

#Science 

what ?  they are in a race for the division.  this isn't September.  its a home game in December for a SB contender. 

this may be holmes' way of getting himself into the game.

these jets used to play pretty well with rex writing the checks the players had to cash

he dropped a signature Santonio Holmes catch last week. It didn't matter... cause they won... but if Holmes doesn't catch that back corner catch he's not Holmes anymore. And that's the reason why anyone tolerated him in the first place. 

he probably couldn't believe geno threw a good pass

what ?  they are in a race for the division.  this isn't September.  its a home game in December for a SB contender. 

this may be holmes' way of getting himself into the game.

these jets used to play pretty well with rex writing the checks the players had to cash

except for d-line this team sucks big hairy balls

Archived