MUST WATCH VIDEO: Jets Locker Room Reaction to Rex Retained

JustInFudge

Just re-watched the video and gotta admit I lol'd.

There was a tad too much ebullience on the heels of a .500 season. Not saying I expected to see an overabundance of lugubriousness but a slightly more measured reaction would have been appropriate.

Holy sh*t who is this?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No one can even question the players like Rex as their coach. that is good and bad. Sometimes you have to be the bad guy as the manager.

100% agree man. Thats why I like Idzik (started new thread on exact topic). I am slowly seeing Rex personality maturing and realizing a separation needed somewhat..

It is fair to say that the Jets were only able to take advantage of those penalties because they put themselves in that position the rest of the game. They played well vs. the Pats, but they were fortunate that the Bucs are a terrible team.

This is a .500 team. In 5 years in an increasingly pass-oriented NFL, the Jets' offense has been awful. Simple fact is defense-first coaches have known forever there are enough bad teams on the schedule that if you play decent defense and run the ball okay along with running doen the clock, you cut down on your opponent's possessions and chances to score. Basically you're trying to cut down on your margin for error. Problem is that doesn't seem to work as well as it did with the changes to the rules benefiting passing. And defense, even the best of them,are going to give some things up. Ryan is following a gameplan that has a limited ceiling and less so every passing year. And if you're going to try to play like that you need to know how the clock works, how to use your timeouts and challenges and have good special teams play to add to your field possession. Ryan did at least have decent specials with Westhoff but no more, and he's awful at those other items across the board.

YOu need a decent QB to win. No one has any idea if Smith or Simms or any QB on this roster is any good because the marching orders are to run the ball and pass only out of necessity. The NFL is no longer a running game. Running is typically more an outcome of being ahead late in games (as with the Jets yesterday) than a reason why a team wins. You cannot be so scared to pass. And this really is the riony; for all his swagger bragging BS, Rex Ryan is scared to death to pass. I can recall the jets being very successful during Testaverde/Parcells because the INTs were usually so far upfield they were often no worse than a punt. But when your passinga attack is all within 5-7 yards, INTs are a catastrophe. Further a solid deep passing game makes moving the ball way easier. And way Way WAY easier than a 14 play 80 yard drive that has more plays and therefore more chances for a drive to bog down. The Jets offense was among the worst this year for 3 and outs.

This is not gonna end well. Rex Ryan is his father's son. We're about to waste another season.

Rex is essentially just the DC.  I think he let's the OC handle the offense.  I'm fine w/ MM as our OC.  Now we just need weapons on O.  I'm not convinced about Geno but since he is most likely going to be our QB anyway, we might as well get him some offensive weapons and see what he can do. 

100% agree man. Thats why I like Idzik (started new thread on exact topic). I am slowly seeing Rex personality maturing and realizing a separation needed somewhat..

I don't think Rex has changed a bit. I think Idzik has slapped a muzzle on him and taken his influence away, so it looks like he's changed, but he's still the same thug-enabling buffoon he always was.

I don't think Rex has changed a bit. I think Idzik has slapped a muzzle on him and taken his influence away, so it looks like he's changed, but he's still the same thug-enabling buffoon he always was.

LOL, thats change since he wouldnt wear a muzzle before..

Just re-watched the video and gotta admit I lol'd. 

There was a tad too much ebullience on the heels of a .500 season.  Not saying I expected to see an overabundance of lugubriousness but a slightly more measured reaction would have been appropriate.

Trying to squeeze in between Dbutts and Shane?

Trying to squeeze in between Dbutts and Shane?

I'm not even talking about the entire team..  Idzik specifically was a little over the top.  If I would have seen the video without knowing the situation I would have assumed they just won the AFC Championship.

but whatever..  he got caught up in the moment and knew he was on camera.  no biggie.

I'm not even talking about the entire team..  Idzik specifically was a little over the top.  If I would have seen the video without knowing the situation I would have assumed they just won the AFC Championship.

but whatever..  he got caught up in the moment and knew he was on camera.  no biggie.

Raw.  Emotion.

Archived