Vote for Sheldon Richardson Defensive Rookie of the year

joewilly12

Kiko is not even a top three defensive rookie, yet the kid will get it because "OMG so many tackles."

Tackles is such a lame stat. Pat Tillman used to lead the Arizona Cardinals in tackles, because the whole front 7 was garbage. All those tackles didn't mean he was a difference maker, it meant he was the most competent player in the last level of the defense. Sheldon was a versatile, disruptive, difference making player (on both sides of the ball).

Tackles is such a lame stat. Pat Tillman used to lead the Arizona Cardinals in tackles, because the whole front 7 was garbage. All those tackles didn't mean he was a difference maker, it meant he was the most competent player in the last level of the defense. Sheldon was a versatile, disruptive, difference making player (on both sides of the ball).

It's basically the Jonathan Vilma scenario.

Sheldon was easily one of the three best tackles I watched this year against the run and having watched Carolina a few games, beats Star pretty handedly as well. The only Rookie who was as dominant as him this year was Larry Warford and he's on the other side of the ball.

I love Mo Wilk, but with Sheldon's attitude and skillset, I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes the most talented player on our dline.

But Sheldon was coached by defensive mastermind Rex so he doesn't deserve it. If it wasn't for Rex Sheldon would be a nobody. Rex is a God. A GOD a tell you. Got to keep his job and possibly an extension.

Ok now I said it so none of you bone heads need to.

Anyway. Great year for Sheldon, he definitely deserves the award.

Its hard for any Jet player to get an award, so many out there just don't believe the Jets have any viable players at all. Thing is that we and those teams who have played vs Sheldon know that he is the real deal and continue to be one of the top d linemen for the next ten years.

Hopefully he'll get the award from the writers who know just how good this kid is. This result I believe was from a fans poll and means nothing in the long run.

Archived