Reporting Posts - Update

Maxman

Last week I wrote this:

Just want to say thank you to those that have reported posts recently that we may have missed.  We try to read everything here but we do miss some stuff from time to time, so there have been one or two reported posts in the past few months that we are thankful for.  We appreciate the heads up.

What has been happening much more frequently recently, is people reporting posts and telling us what to do.  Well, that isn't how the system works. There have been more reported posts in the past 30 days than in the previous 5 years (I am being serious).  When we started the site, we actually disabled the report this post feature because we are all adults and we expect everyone to just work it out.  There are a handful of posters here that seem to have a hard time getting along.  We get different reasons back as to why this is, but I just want to give everyone a heads up that those reasons do not matter.

We don't have a lot of rules here.

• We ask that you avoid posting curses and anything that just isn't safe to view in a work environment.

• We ask that you avoid political talk.  Because we are Jets fans and are not concerned with party lines here.

• We also ask that you treat each other with respect and avoid personal attacks.

Some of you don't get along, that will happen when you have millions of posts on a message board.  What needs to happen in those cases is these users need to ignore each other.  Completely.  The bickering back and forth is officially over.  Check out the Ignore User option, it is pretty cool.

We have run this site without being heavy-handed.  That is also over.  I have now asked the moderators to just ban people when they don't get along.  We are going to avoid the 7 day \ slap on the wrist kind of banning as well.  When you are banned, you are banned.  That is our way of saying, thanks for stopping by but this community is going forward without you.

To the 99% of the posters that get along great and make this site what it is, THANK YOU.  We appreciate that you make this your home for Jets talk.  To the 1% that continue to fight and bicker while launching personal attacks -- sorry but if this continues you will be asked to leave.  Except we won't actually ask.   :)

Now I just want to provide a brief update, we made a change to Report This Post.  Please report posts as much as you would like.  Just click on the word Report under each post.  Do it as often as you feel the need to.

We welcome the input.

Thanks.

Last week I wrote this:

Now I just want to provide a brief update, we made a change to Report This Post.  Please report posts as much as you would like.  Just click on the word Report under each post.  Do it as often as you feel the need to.

We welcome the input.

Thanks.

I don't see the report button here tho...

Last week I wrote this:

We welcome the input.

Thanks.

I don't see the report button here tho...

You took the report this button away?  Weak.  I thought you did something good like send the alerts to Shane. 

Last week I wrote this:

We welcome the input.

Thanks.

I see what you did there.  Now you can just expect your PM box to be full...and it wont be selfy nudey pics of the other mods.

Archived