Peyton MVP

Integrity28

I would love to see someone make this argument. I can't even imagine how I'd begin.

Bonds much like Marino, roids or not, had the most beautiful swing, had the best hand-eye coordination, and one of the quickest bats through the zone ever. Much like Marino had the most beautiful passing motion, quickest release, and was deadly accurate, deep or short, BUT NO RINGS. Tough to put both of these guys with the best with ZERO RINGS. but both were incredible talents.

I would love to see someone make this argument. I can't even imagine how I'd begin.

Ditto. You have to remember that all those seasons that he was annihilating the entire league there were some seasons that he wasn't even in the playoffs. Baseball is just such a different animal when it comes to an individual's ability to win a championship. Even a guy like Rivera who just may be the most dominating postseason player ever, so many things have to happen to get him in a position to even do his thing and all of them are 100% out of his control.

Also, the guy who voted for Brady is Jim Miller, which is just so ******* perfect.

I just read that. That is insane. There's also a Patriots writer who was talked out of voting for Brady by Brady himself, and then stated he checks with Brady every year before he submits his picks. My god with the BS from sports writers the past few months.

Go figure.  Troy Aikman is "offended" at Russell Wilson supposedly being called a game-manager. Even though no one with any brains calls him that.  What a strange softball claim that Buck served up to Aikman.  I mean, no one ever thought of Aikman as a game-manager on those Cowboys te---.  Oh, wait.

Our defense got carved up by the same QB you're sh*tting on though unfortunately.

Pre surgery , in a dome, facing an offense that couldn't stay on the field once Greene went down... Outside of that, it's like the same thing brah

Yes, franchise QB + great defense...

The Jets of 2009 were similiar, minus the QB

The Jets defense got lit up by manning in the AFC championship game that year.   That wasn't on Sanchez.    And that Jets team needed a Colts team to bench its starters for a half to even go 9-7.    I'd say the 2010 team that went 11-5 were closer to this Seahawks team, but even then,  the Jets never get turnovers and rarely ever score TDs.     The Seahawks get points on offense, defense and special teams.   And their RB is a beast.   Thomas Jones put up nice numbers, but he was no Lynch.      

But it's always a joke when people say if they had a better QB than Sanchez in 2009 they'd win.   The Defense got lit up by Manning in the second half of that game. And in 2010,  the Jets were down 24-0 before people even realize the game was on.   Sanchez did make a decent comeback, but the reality is,  Sanchez wasn't the reason the Jets lost those two games.   That vaunted defense as a big part of those losses.   

And it's easy to say with Manning or Brady the Jets go 13-3 and win the division.  That's never a valid argument when you throw HOF QBs onto your team and live in a fantasy world.   Would Chad Pennington have done anything differently?  No.    Favre?  Favre would have thrown bad picks and he really didn't want to be a Jet anyway.    

The Jets defense got lit up by manning in the AFC championship game that year. That wasn't on Sanchez. And that Jets team needed a Colts team to bench its starters for a half to even go 9-7. I'd say the 2010 team that went 11-5 were closer to this Seahawks team, but even then, the Jets never get turnovers and rarely ever score TDs. The Seahawks get points on offense, defense and special teams. And their RB is a beast. Thomas Jones put up nice numbers, but he was no Lynch.

But it's always a joke when people say if they had a better QB than Sanchez in 2009 they'd win. The Defense got lit up by Manning in the second half of that game. And in 2010, the Jets were down 24-0 before people even realize the game was on. Sanchez did make a decent comeback, but the reality is, Sanchez wasn't the reason the Jets lost those two games. That vaunted defense as a big part of those losses.

And it's easy to say with Manning or Brady the Jets go 13-3 and win the division. That's never a valid argument when you throw HOF QBs onto your team and live in a fantasy world. Would Chad Pennington have done anything differently? No. Favre? Favre would have thrown bad picks and he really didn't want to be a Jet anyway.

So having one of the worst QB's in football had nothing to do with us being 9-7 and playing that game on the road?

Archived