NFL Draft prospect announces he's gay: Michael Sam, OLB/DE Missouri

T0mShane

Cimini has an article up on the Espn jets website, where a fellow named Ziegler (agent?) is quoted that he thinks SAM can go to any team in the NFL, with the exception of 3:

REDSKINS

COWBOYS

JETS

He states that these 3 teams LACK LEADERSHIP. REX, any reponse?

Because Cleveland and Miami have such great leadership going on?

What BrodwayJoe12 said on Zeigler showing his ignorance.

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it is probably based on our IDIOT Coach, making guys like HOLMES a captain. Making Holmes a captain would be like Miami making Incognito a captain..............................whoops.

I know you dislike Rex, but nothing he's ever done has shown me he would allow that type of behavior to exist.  I watched hard knocks and saw him instigated the "fight" and the rookie hazing, but I highly doubt he would allow that type of behavior to go unchecked, especially to an employee. Not to mention, Idzik seems to be there every single day, and with how he's put a giant emphasis on character, there's no way he'd allow that to fly. 

I'm sure there's some jackasses in our locker room, but from all the interviews last year, it really seemed like a tight knit group.

Cimini has an article up on the Espn jets website, where a fellow named Ziegler (agent?) is quoted that he thinks SAM can go to any team in the NFL, with the exception of 3:

REDSKINS

COWBOYS

JETS

He states that these 3 teams LACK LEADERSHIP. REX, any reponse?

Cute, mentioning the quote without actually quoting it.

“He can work on any team with decent leadership,” Zeigler said. “I pray to God he doesn’t end up on the Dallas Cowboys, the New York Jets or the Washington Redskins. I think those three teams -- they have poor leadership, but most of the other teams in the NFL have guys -- the coaching staff, the front office and locker room -- who are equipped to deal with this.”

Not that I give this guy any credence (I have no idea who he is), but he seems to be pointing at more than coaching staffs here, he's even implicating The Great Idzik! I'm sure the fish would be a better fit. They have a mature locker room, and proven leadership everywhere. Really, if those teams have anything in common, though, it's questionable ownership.

Also from that article:

As the player noted, the media factor would be significant. Anybody who doesn't think it wouldn't be a distraction is fooling themselves. Some teams handle distractions well; some don't. The Jets didn't exactly stage a clinic during the Tim Tebow circus in 2012. The team has yet to comment on Sam, but general manager John Idzik and Rex Ryan will address the media Thursday at the scouting combine in Indianapolis.

Which really couldn't be much more apples and oranges. I'd venture a guess and say that the NYC area is significantly more gay-friendly than evangelical-friendly. Not to mention the fact that Tebow was a part of the failure of Tannenbaum, who's no longer employed by the team. I really think that given the Sheldon connection, and Rex's ability as a defensive coach, that the Jets could possibly be the best destination for the kid.

In the end, it's just more baseless, opportunistic Jet-bashing from Rich Cimini. Read it for yourselves, if you want: http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/35648/sunday-notes-would-jets-embrace-sam

“He can work on any team with decent leadership,” Zeigler said. “I pray to God he doesn’t end up on the Dallas Cowboys, the New York Jets or the Washington Redskins. I think those three teams -- they have poor leadership, but most of the other teams in the NFL have guys -- the coaching staff, the front office and locker room -- who are equipped to deal with this.”

Not that I give this guy any credence (I have no idea who he is), but he seems to be pointing at more than coaching staffs here, he's even implicating The Great Idzik! I'm sure the fish would be a better fit. They have a mature locker room, and proven leadership everywhere. Really, if those teams have anything in common, though, it's questionable ownership.

Also from that article:

As the player noted, the media factor would be significant. Anybody who doesn't think it wouldn't be a distraction is fooling themselves. Some teams handle distractions well; some don't. The Jets didn't exactly stage a clinic during the Tim Tebow circus in 2012. The team has yet to comment on Sam, but general manager John Idzik and Rex Ryan will address the media Thursday at the scouting combine in Indianapolis.

Which really couldn't be much more apples and oranges. I'd venture a guess and say that the NYC area is significantly more gay-friendly than evangelical-friendly. Not to mention the fact that Tebow was a part of the failure of Tannenbaum, who's no longer employed by the team. I really think that given the Sheldon connection, and Rex's ability as a defensive coach, that the Jets could possibly be the best destination for the kid.

In the end, it's just more baseless, opportunistic Jet-bashing from Rich Cimini. Read it for yourselves, if you want: http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/35648/sunday-notes-would-jets-embrace-sam

thanksidzik5_zps6d32ec5b.gif

The team has yet to comment on Sam, but general manager John Idzik and Rex Ryan will address the media Thursday at the scouting combine in Indianapolis.

Why exactly would the team be expected to make a comment on a guy who before this all came out was expected to be a 4th or 5th round pick?

I think it is probably based on our IDIOT Coach, making guys like HOLMES a captain. Making Holmes a captain would be like Miami making Incognito a captain..............................whoops.

Lol yeah Holmes' dick pic is totally on par with calling a black guy a n*gger all season. 

Also from that article:

Who needed to quote it?  It was self explanatory. The leadership on three teams sucks, the Cowboys, redskins and Jets. pretty basic. Unless you think I make this stuff up and need to quote it. I don't make anything up on how bad Rex runs the Jets, its all from TOP sources like this guy Ziegler. Have faith my friend, and I will slowly convince you that our coach is a worthless buffoon.

I know you dislike Rex, but nothing he's ever done has shown me he would allow that type of behavior to exist.  I watched hard knocks and saw him instigated the "fight" and the rookie hazing, but I highly doubt he would allow that type of behavior to go unchecked, especially to an employee. Not to mention, Idzik seems to be there every single day, and with how he's put a giant emphasis on character, there's no way he'd allow that to fly. 

I'm sure there's some jackasses in our locker room, but from all the interviews last year, it really seemed like a tight knit group.

Making HOLMES the captain, hasn't shown you that REX has poor judgement? When did Holmes become Saint Santana? I must have missed that memo.

Who needed to quote it?  It was self explanatory. The leadership on three teams sucks, the Cowboys, redskins and Jets. pretty basic. Unless you think I make this stuff up and need to quote it. I don't make anything up on how bad Rex runs the Jets, its all from TOP sources like this guy Ziegler. Have faith my friend, and I will slowly convince you that our coach is a worthless buffoon.

People are hoping he goes to a team with "strong leadership" in case he sucks. If he can play he'll fit in anywhere.

Making HOLMES the captain, hasn't shown you that REX has poor judgement? When did Holmes become Saint Santana? I must have missed that memo.

There's a difference between poor judgement and blatant disregard from the well-being of his players.  I have no argument against the former accusation, but the latter is going to be a tough sell. He may be all the things you say, but I've always gotten the feeling that the players respect him and he the players so as this type of thing wouldn't happen under them.  It's pure speculation on everyone's part, but I'd be more inclined to believe he and Idzik would not allow anything like that to have happened in their clubhouse.  

There's a difference between poor judgement and blatant disregard from the well-being of his players.  I have no argument against the former accusation, but the latter is going to be a tough sell. He may be all the things you say, but I've always gotten the feeling that the players respect him and he the players so as this type of thing wouldn't happen under them.  It's pure speculation on everyone's part, but I'd be more inclined to believe he and Idzik would not allow anything like that to have happened in their clubhouse.  

Did you watch HARD KNOCKS? Incognito would have loved that Animal House party?

Archived