The QB Rumor Mill

JetNation

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If by 'challenger' you mean 'replacement' then yeah, I agree.

Let's say for argument sake that the Jets do sign Vick. Is it then not in the best interest of Jets fans that Geno win that competition? Vick's window is very small as he is on the wrong side of 30 and has shown diminishing skills in recent years. Geno is 23 and only cost us a 2nd round pick. If the kid can turn it around the Jets would be in amazing shape moving forward for the next 2-3 years as they would have a very good, young, inexpensive QB. 

I think you're insane if you're not rooting for Geno. That doesn't mean you think he is any good. It simply means understanding that Geno becoming good suits all of our interests as Jets fans. 

Let's say for argument sake that the Jets do sign Vick. Is it then not in the best interest of Jets fans that Geno win that competition? Vick's window is very small as he is on the wrong side of 30 and has shown diminishing skills in recent years. Geno is 23 and only cost us a 2nd round pick. If the kid can turn it around the Jets would be in amazing shape moving forward for the next 2-3 years as they would have a very good, young, inexpensive QB. 

I think you're insane if you're not rooting for Geno. That doesn't mean you think he is any good. It simply means understanding that Geno becoming good suits all of our interests as Jets fans. 

I think we're all just a little traumatized from the franchise trying to convince itself that Sanchez was good and improving and that it would only be one more season until he pulled it together. And I'm 100% talking about the front office here, not the nutjob fanbase. So it's not that I'm not rooting for Geno to succeed, it's just that I want the franchise to realize that the likelihood of that happening isn't very high and it's probably best to start planning for moving on.

Let me make this clear for you once and for all:

A "QBR" of 66.5 is outstanding. http://espn.go.com/nfl/qbr

A "Passer Efficiency Rating" of 66.5 is not. http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/quarterbackRating

LEARN THE DIFFERENCE AND THEN TALK TO ME. 

Actually, I had them right, its just the wording they and I use. They use Passer efficiency rating, for what I call QBR, which your right 66.5 is awful, and the measurement where a 66.5 would be outstanding, they use TQBR or total  quarterback rating which takes into account, fumbles , 3 and outs, sacks etc. where Sanchez leads the league in single digit TQBRS.

Let me make this clear for you once and for all:

A "QBR" of 66.5 is outstanding. http://espn.go.com/nfl/qbr

A "Passer Efficiency Rating" of 66.5 is not. http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/quarterbackRating

LEARN THE DIFFERENCE AND THEN TALK TO ME. 

By the way, congratulations, Geno wasn't last in TQBR, he was 34th out of I believe 40. but last in just regular QBR. I believe a half lame over the hill Mike Vick could beat these numbers.

Actually, I had them right, its just the wording they and I use. They use Passer efficiency rating, for what I call QBR, which your right 66.5 is awful, and the measurement where a 66.5 would be outstanding, they use TQBR or total  quarterback rating which takes into account, fumbles , 3 and outs, sacks etc. where Sanchez leads the league in single digit TQBRS.

No, you're wrong. Just be wrong and STFU. 

I think we're all just a little traumatized from the franchise trying to convince itself that Sanchez was good and improving and that it would only be one more season until he pulled it together. And I'm 100% talking about the front office here, not the nutjob fanbase. So it's not that I'm not rooting for Geno to succeed, it's just that I want the franchise to realize that the likelihood of that happening isn't very high and it's probably best to start planning for moving on.

Fair enough. But I'm still gonna root for Geno. Just knowing joewillie78 and fishing out there hate him so much will make it all the more sweet if he succeeds. 

Archived