Tre Mason to have surgery and possibly slide in draft

Gastineau Lives

Auburn RB Tre Mason will undergo wrist surgery following the draft.
Mason was a "surprise" invite to medical re-checks at the Combine after his exam revealed a "bone in his wrist that wasn't healing properly." NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Mason "should be back by preseason," but it's a concern for his draft stock. Mason will miss all OTAs, and may not be available for much of training camp. Combined with the NFL's devaluation of non-"special" running backs, the injury could drop Mason into the third or fourth round. He likely now won't be viewed as a bankable Week 1 feature back. Apr 25 - 12:04 PM

Would any of you be tempted to draft him? We don't need him to be a week one starter and he can be brought along slowly.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/9318/tre-mason

Auburn RB Tre Mason is disputing a report that he needs post-draft surgery.

Mason called NFL Network's report "false information," insisting "I WILL NOT be having any surgery to anything on my body!" Per NFL Net's Ian Rapoport, "teams have been informed differently." The truth may lie somewhere in the middle, with some NFL clubs believing Mason does need surgery, and others either unaware or of the belief Mason could play through the bone issue in his wrist.

All Tre Mason all the time here at JetNation.com

I just slid Tre Mason on my big board from early 3rd rounder, to late 3rd rounder, to mid 3rd rounder. I dont have magnets or a fancy computer touch screen. It's all white board so I'm very annoyed with this irresponsible reporting.

Dry Erase or Chalk Board?

Both Milliner and Miller were considered "special" as the OP specified.  Mason is not.

the point is the injury will heal before camp. if there even is an injury, so this will not cause a slide regardless of how the scouts see him.  if he was a 4th round pick last week, his is still a 4th round pick today

Archived