Dia de Muerto - Mafia Win

DPR

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nolder says recruits are in the OP, implying that scum would know the mechanics.  The OP mentions recruits, but does not mention all of their mechanics.  Not by an inch, not by a mile.

Ok I'll give you that. I still don't know what you think scum is going to do with the knowledge I think you're referring to. 

If you can give me a good reason this hurts town, not helps scum because we all know more knowledge is better than less, but actually hurts us then I'll apologize and admit you were right but until then I stand by what I've said.

I find it highly amusing that we now have a Mexican standoff in this particular game.

You know what that most likely means right? At least one of the three is probably scum, possibly 2/3 even.

He's not posting because he's too busy scrambling in the scumchat.

I was playing a sh*tty TD game. Also I have nothing to say right now anyway, did you want something?

Um, no. How are you going to retort my argument with a complete lie...Smash was not leaving NL behind.... He was advocating it on the basis that it was a huge probability that a lynch would kill town... So leaving that aside for a moment, You have had opportunities to refute this point of view and you choose to stick to it... You are by connection advocating a NL... while continuing to case Ape/push for other lynch opportunities.... You are in direct contradiction with yourself

Are you saying because Smash advocate NL and Verbal thinks he's town that Verbal therefore supports NL? Am I reading this right?

Ok I'll give you that. I still don't know what you think scum is going to do with the knowledge I think you're referring to. 

If you can give me a good reason this hurts town, not helps scum because we all know more knowledge is better than less, but actually hurts us then I'll apologize and admit you were right but until then I stand by what I've said.

You know what that most likely means right? At least one of the three is probably scum, possibly 2/3 even.

I was playing a sh*tty TD game. Also I have nothing to say right now anyway, did you want something?

Mafia is a game about information asymmetry.  Mafia always start with more information.  Keeping information from them while giving it to the town is vital.  Why else would a townie ever soft claim or breadcrumb?  This is just like that except more abstract and nebulous.  If we were to tell the mafia everything we knew, they would know what we could do but we wouldn't know what they could do.  How does that help town?

Mafia is a game about information asymmetry.  Mafia always start with more information.  Keeping information from them while giving it to the town is vital.  Why else would a townie ever soft claim or breadcrumb?  This is just like that except more abstract and nebulous.  If we were to tell the mafia everything we knew, they would know what we could do but we wouldn't know what they could do.  How does that help town?

Hinting and breadcrumbing and the like are all pretty sh*tty moves 99% of the time.

You're afraid of the boogeyman. You're saying that with the information they could do...something. That it makes them...more powerful. It gives them better...options. These are all meaningless. Even if you're right, and I'm not saying you are, at the worst this is just potential. Unless someone on the scum team can figure out how to manipulate the information to effect the actual game it's nothing.

Also, saying Mexican standoff means anything about scum distribution on D1 in this game is patently ridiculous.

I don't think so. Scum often hesitate to lynch their partners on D1 even in normal games. Throw in the fact that we have a lot of DMers/former DMers, new guys, and that this is a DPR game and no one wants to get bussed D1 and I think we have a pretty good case to say one of the trains is on scum.

Hinting and breadcrumbing and the like are all pretty sh*tty moves 99% of the time.

You're afraid of the boogeyman. You're saying that with the information they could do...something. That it makes them...more powerful. It gives them better...options. These are all meaningless. Even if you're right, and I'm not saying you are, at the worst this is just potential. Unless someone on the scum team can figure out how to manipulate the information to effect the actual game it's nothing.

Really dude?  You're linking your own post in a "Tips for New Players" thread to say that an advanced strategy is useless?

Really dude?  You're linking your own post in a "Tips for New Players" thread to say that an advanced strategy is useless?

"advanced strategy"

It's a sh*tty strategy. Almost always.

I would just say always but once in awhile someone gets lucky, it's not impossible it's just stupid.

Smash (1) - Hally

JiF (1) - Arsis

Hally (1) - SMC

Darthe (1) - Hess

And whoever is not voting is wasting their votes.

We are at a stalemate. My one vote isn't going to change things much.

unvote vote pac

Evidently, that many times.

Space a line in between votes and such, and always bold. I'm colorblind and the patch doesn't help things ether. An old pirate does what he has to...

Current Vote Count:

Verb (3) - Crush, Lizard, JiF

Wombat (4) - Lily, Pac, Verb, Nolder

Pac (4) - 80, Leelou, Wombat, AVM

Smash (1) - Hally

JiF (1) - Arsis

Hally (1) - SMC

Darthe (1) - Hess

With 18 players, it takes 10 to lynch.

Deadline in 15.5 hours

It wasn't just you out was everyone else too, hope I didn't come off bitchy, I found it funny! I apologize if I did <3

Current Vote Count:

Verb (4) - Crush, Lizard, JiF, Ape

Wombat (4) - Lily, Pac, Verb, Nolder

Pac (6) - 80, Leelou, Wombat, AVM, Arsis, Hess

Smash (1) - Hally

Hally (1) - SMC

With 18 players, it takes 10 to lynch.

Deadline in 12.5 hours

We are at a stalemate. My one vote isn't going to change things much.

unvote vote pac

It changes everything. lol wtf.

This isn't US politics your vote matters unless you're throwing it away like you were.

I don't like that Leelou had to force the vote out of you and I don't like that you voted her preferred lynch.

You fencesat this until you couldn't do it anymore and sided with the person who nudged you off.

I don't suspect either of you of being scum atm but if you're both still alive at endgame and on the spot this bears remembering I think.

Popping in for 5 min.. 

I don't like Smashs answer or that it took an act of congress to get him to explain himself.  Seems like he put a lot of thought into it when he could have given a simply answer on it last night.  I'd still be willing to vote there.

I feel good about my vote on Wombat.  I was lukewarm on him for trying to play super townie but as soon as he started getting heat he latched onto me hoping for a speed lynch.  His "obliteration" as he puts it, of my points was nonsense. 

80 is intentionally trying to make me angry with lying about my activity and content.  I'm middle of the pack in posts and have been engaged in the game.  The desperation and tunneling out of the blue is weird.  Like he gets something if he leads a successful lynch on me. 

Leelou voting me for little to no reason is par for the course.  But old.

Liz you've asked me to look at the case on Verb but I really don't see that.  It might have to do with the fact that I saw the same thing he did with the Ape and pointed it out early on.  Ape was acting as if there was some big train on him when there was only 1 vote.  He also seems to be clearing Smash which I disagree with.

Tier 1 - Wombat, Smash

Tier 2 - Ape

Honorable mention AVM

vote PAC

It wasn't just you out was everyone else too, hope I didn't come off bitchy, I found it funny! I apologize if I did <3

No worries at all m'dear. Please feel free to play as you will!

Archived