In some other news: Gronk still limping.

pointman

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000377964/article/rob-gronkowski-still-favoring-knee-in-patriots-camp

New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick announced three weeks ago that Rob Gronkowski has been cleared to play on a surgically repaired knee.

As we have come to find out, though, that doesn't mean Gronkowski is a lock to be ready for the season opener.

NFL Media's Albert Breer has been reporting for months that thePatriots will be cautious with their All-Pro tight end even if Week 1 is the goal.

After visiting Pats camp, Greg Bedard of The MMQB notes that Gronkowski was "favoring his right knee" and ran with a "decent but not terrible limp."

Even with a hitch in his gait, Gronk can be one of the league's most productive tight ends. But is it worth the risk to rush back before his body is ready?

Breer still believes Gronkowski will play in Week 1 but concedes the decision will likely go "down to the wire."

Couple of years ago. He is getting cut at the end of this season. His salary next season with bonus opportunities was something mind boggling.

I was wondering if he was gutting through the injuries to get extended.  so he is gutting through the injuries to cash as many game checks as he can until his leg falls off

hey, it will be a shiny wheelchair he is in

I was wondering if he was gutting through the injuries to get extended.  so he is gutting through the injuries to cash as many game checks as he can until his leg falls off

hey, it will be a shiny wheelchair he is in

Nah. His pay this season isn't bad.. kind of low for the talent that he is. They back loaded the crap out of his contract so starting next season he is basically impossible to retain. Can't wait to get him in his twilight!!!

Nah. His pay this season isn't bad.. kind of low for the talent that he is. They back loaded the crap out of his contract so starting next season he is basically impossible to retain. Can't wait to get him in his twilight!!!

What's really funny about Gronk is that in spite of all his injuries and games missed, he still averages 10 tds a season for his first four years in the NFL. 42 total to be exact, when do you suppose that 2nd round bust the Jets just drafted will get to 42 tds? My guess, is never.

What's really funny about Gronk is that in spite of all his injuries and games missed, he still averages 10 tds a season for his first four years in the NFL. 42 total to be exact, when do you suppose that 2nd round bust the Jets just drafted will get to 42 tds? My guess, is never.

You're a pessimist. I say five seasons. I hear the CFL is a ton easier.

Gronk is a beast. Injured, yeah, limping yeah, but a beast. The guy is a complete gmechanger and Brady is a better QB when he is on the field. Take gronk out the Pats O is not as good...still good but probably not elite.

For the Jets, we would take an average to pretty OK offense anyday...just a matter of perspective.

LL

Archived