My MetLife NFL Experience

joewilly12

If you can afford an I-Phone you can afford a Jets shirt other than a jersey of a player who was a has been that never was. Not questioning anyone's allegiance or fan dedication.

Many fans chose not to stand up on 3rd downs and opted for I-Phone time. These types of fans should stay the hell home!

So standing up on third down is now the measure of fandom?  I make plenty of noise, but do not stand up for every third down, mainly because standing does nothing to help the D or to cause an issue for the opposing offense.  Noise does however. 

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was kinda shocked when I went to jets practice a few weeks back that there were Holmes, Leonhard, Edwards, and Tebow jerseys everwhere. I mean I don't really care and I still wear my Vilma jersey from time to time, but these other losers who never did anything for the team... I don't get it. Just buy a knock off for like 40 bucks ...seriously. I kinda get the Revis thing, he was a great Jet. But there is no way you had a big connection with Tebow or Edwards, youre just too cheap to replace that clearance jersey you got at Dick's for 19.99 LOL

I have a Revis jersey in the closet that still has the tags on it.  I can't wear it, won't wear it.  My next jersey will be a Klecko, Walker, Namath, Chrebet or Maynard.  They will never go out of style.

So standing up on third down is now the measure of fandom?  I make plenty of noise, but do not stand up for every third down, mainly because standing does nothing to help the D or to cause an issue for the opposing offense.  Noise does however. 

I stand when the person in front of me stands. I don't want to be that guy and have food chucked at my head.

This.  I only stand up to see over the people who stand in front of me. I'm more conscious about being in peoples ways than I used to be. The first couple years in MetLife 124 and I were the assholes that stood for everything. now i'd rather sit and yell. 

I go to more Rutgers Football games then Jets games. The crowd is less vulgar and rowdy at college football games. I go to atleast 1 Jets game a season and every time I see that Stadium I always make the remark that its ugly and it looks like an air vent  or a spaceship. I also notice that there is a presence of negativity at Jets games obviously because of their losing history. 

I think its easier to go to one game because you can pick the one game that is the most winnable for the jets example the game vs the Bills at Metlife. If I had season tickets I wouldn't be happy because they normally lose then win. That's why I go to one game a year. Go J-E-T-S!

Some die hard fans who never sold out sat through bad seasons.Many last night more interested in I-Phone action than what was going on on the field.

In all fairness, people didn't really have the option of iphones and mobile internet "back in the day" let alone the popularity of fantasy football which has wildly swept the nation in the last few years.

-- Getting lost on the way home.  Your fault.  There are a billion highways that run into the Meadowlands and all of them have, you know, road signs.  The BIGGEST problem with Metlife, in my opinion, remains the ingress and egress to the actual stadium.  For a billion dollar (yikes) stadium, it is completely f*****ng unacceptable that it takes literally 20 minutes to get out of the place.  The old stadium was incredibly easy, with the 3 direct escalators to each level, and 2 spirals at each gate.  If heaven forbid there were ever a fire or an attack or a huge emergency at Metlife, we would all be totally boned.  That's on the designer, and it's a total disaster. 

I never said I got lost I wanted Rt 3 and followed the signs in place which put me on the Turnpike not Rt 3

I go to more Rutgers Football games then Jets games. The crowd is less vulgar and rowdy at college football games. I go to atleast 1 Jets game a season and every time I see that Stadium I always make the remark that its ugly and it looks like an air vent  or a spaceship. I also notice that there is a presence of negativity at Jets games obviously because of their losing history. 

I think its easier to go to one game because you can pick the one game that is the most winnable for the jets example the game vs the Bills at Metlife. If I had season tickets I wouldn't be happy because they normally lose then win. That's why I go to one game a year. Go J-E-T-S!

Rutgers doesn't serve alcohol and ive seen highly intoxicated fans turned away at the gate big difference compared to MetLife.

Archived