The Jets blame game shouldnt start or end with Idzik

joewilly12

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scott just compared the Texans roster to the Jets.  lmfao

hahahahaha

HoF WR.  Borderline HoF RB.  HoF DE.  Jonathan Joseph, Brooks Reed, DeAndre Hopkins, Duane Brown, and a league average QB in Fitzpatrick (a guy I wanted this offseason).

Plus they get Clowney next year after a "medical redshirt" campaign.  Yep.  Equal rosters. 

O'Brien seems to be a good HC thus far but Scott's Penn St bias is showing up big-time right now.  As it does with any Joe Paterno discussion.

You mistake quit for cant compete.  Huge difference.

Give Rex the talent and he wins. 

No mistake.

When in one week your starting QB blows off a meeting, your backup decides not to prepare, Kerley is talking about how guys don't have "energy" for their jobs, and Demario Davis is talking about how guys don't prepare or practice like they care... you have a team that has quit.

Last year, they stepped up for Rex. No doubt. His desperation, plus the schedule, helped them rise to the occasion. The most miraculous 8-8 season ever in the history of the sport. I expected a 35 year extension after that sh*t.

The two previous years they dogged it, and again we saw all the tell-tale signs of a quitting team. The only time Rex really had a handle on this team was when the Mangini veterans where here. Other than that, it's been an idiot show.

See what I mean guys.... meatball pitch.

It was Rex's job to define the talent he needed. 

Beyond the defensive line, Rex has shown ZERO aptitude for identifying the talent he needs and getting it here. Given the amount of influence he's been afford over both GM's he's worked with, it's pretty clear he is the common denominator.

Also, he doesn't win. 

HoF WR.  Borderline HoF RB.  HoF DE.  Jonathan Joseph, Brooks Reed, DeAndre Hopkins, Duane Brown, and a league average QB in Fitzpatrick (a guy I wanted this offseason).

Plus they get Clowney next year after a "medical redshirt" campaign.  Yep.  Equal rosters. 

O'Brien seems to be a good HC thus far but Scott's Penn St bias is showing up big-time right now.  As it does with any Joe Paterno discussion.

Talk about hyperbole!

The HOF WR is in career decline. Has been. Borderline HOF Arian Foster?????? We might as well put Chris Johnson in the HOF then. How is Clowney being sidelined now, helping them win today?

I mentioned O'Brien as a possible replacement for Rex.  Some (Bitonti) said nope. He will have a program going and it will win. And he can do it without having all studs. 

JF80-Wasn't it you that said "Idzik has fed Ryan the talent this offseason", there is no excuses? Wasn't that you? Or some homerific version of you?

Last year was the 1 in 4 they didn't.

I guess all this "they don't quit" needs a definition. How many teams have quit on a coach then? and how can the outside (fans, media) know?

I know the Jets have been blown out many many times under Rex. Last yr at Buffalo they might as well stayed at Dave & Buster's since they were never in that game. And of course at Cincy last yr. 2012 had many blow out games at home-SF, NE, MIA, SD.

I guess all this "they don't quit" needs a definition. How many teams have quit on a coach then? and how can the outside (fans, media) know?

I know the Jets have been blown out many many times under Rex. Last yr at Buffalo they might as well stayed at Dave & Buster's since they were never in that game. And of course at Cincy last yr. 2012 had many blow out games at home-SF, NE, MIA, SD.

Personally, I think you can see it on the field, in the body language, and in the way the team talks/behaves.

Sometimes it's obvious, like the nonsense with Holmes. Other times it's subtle, like the body language in the second half vs San Diego last week, and the commentary this past week that has followed.

The thing with Idzik is that he isn't doing Rex any favors. I am glad if he isn't bending to the will of Rex, but he still seems to be packing the D.  I have always felt that if I were GM I would stack the O and force Rex to scheme around the D.  The only place you wouldn't be able to skimp on D should be CB.  Strangely, Idzik seems to have done just that, while spending everywhere else on D.  I would not have worried about developing pass rush by using tweeners like Barnes, but to go into a season with this plan at CB seems borderline crazy.  Meanwhile he certainly has not stacked the O.

Personally, I think you can see it on the field, in the body language, and in the way the team talks/behaves.

Sometimes it's obvious, like the nonsense with Holmes. Other times it's subtle, like the body language in the second half vs San Diego last week, and the commentary this past week that has followed.

This team thinks the media is there for them to talk about like it is some councilor or something. They think it is open door policy to tell the media what they each think and what is wrong with the team. 

It stems from their coach. Their coach only thinks of tomorrow's headline, and not ways to build a team 

Talk about hyperbole!

The HOF WR is in career decline. Has been. Borderline HOF Arian Foster?????? We might as well put Chris Johnson in the HOF then. How is Clowney being sidelined now, helping them win today?

I mentioned O'Brien as a possible replacement for Rex.  Some (Bitonti) said nope. He will have a program going and it will win. And he can do it without having all studs. 

JF80-Wasn't it you that said "Idzik has fed Ryan the talent this offseason", there is no excuses? Wasn't that you? Or some homerific version of you?

Not making excuses for Rex.  But comparing the talent of the two teams in order to suggest that Bill O'Brien is a tremendous rookie coach is completely homerific on your end as well.

Arian Foster is definitely a borderline HoF back.  He had a three year period where he AVERAGED over 1400 yards and had 41 TD's.  And he's still only 28. 

Life of a GM I guess. They were calling for Schneiders head in Seattle in his 2nd year. 2010, his 1st  year was  like Idziks 1st year, Sea went 7-9, got into playoffs, but year 2 went 7-9 again and fans were clamoring. Jets almost made playoffs last year w/8-8 record. 

2nd year will be a drop for Idzik, just like Schneider it appears.

Schneider orchestrated a complete overhaul of Seattle's roster. In 2010, Schneider completed 284 roster transactions.[3] On February 2, 2014, the Seahawks won Super Bowl XLVIII, their first championship in their existence. The championship roster contained only Max UngerRed BryantJon Ryan and Brandon Mebane who had been a Seahawk previous to Schneider's arrival in Seattle. 

The Texans have a much better team than us on paper. They already had a good defense and then they added Clowney. Andre Johnson is still a top 5 receiver even if he's not statistically talent-wise he is still there. Foster is still good. Fitzpatrick is better than any qb on our roster.

If Andre Johnson played with Aaron Rodgers or Drew Brees he'd be leading the NFL in catches, yards and probably be 1st or 2nd in tds that's all.

1. you can't prove that. 2. he is a shell of his former self.

11.9 YPR no break away ability left there. ZERO touchdowns. He is 33.

Still a nice receiver, but FAR from Top 5

If Andre Johnson played with Aaron Rodgers or Drew Brees he'd be leading the NFL in catches, yards and probably be 1st or 2nd in tds that's all.

andre has basically been losing his job as WR1 to Hopkins for a few weeks now. He is still a good WR2, but is no longer a valid WR1, especially at his age. waste of money on a guy that old when we arent ready to make a deep playoff run. 

Andre Johnson's qbs the last two years: Matt Schaub, Case Keenum, Ryan Fitzpatrick. All you need to know. I don't care if Andre Johnson isn't lighting up your fantasy football team and yes he's 33 many of the great WR's are great well into their 30's like Jerry Rice and Terrell Owens and Andre is well-conditioned and a great physical specimen.

Andre Johnson's qbs the last two years: Matt Schaub, Case Keenum, Ryan Fitzpatrick. All you need to know. I don't care if Andre Johnson isn't lighting up your fantasy football team and yes he's 33 many of the great WR's are great well into their 30's like Jerry Rice and Terrell Owens and Andre is well-conditioned and a great physical specimen.

why would we spend huge cap money on him when we are a few years away form making  a deep run? take a shot at a younger WR who will still be in prime in 2015/16/17

The biggest mistake the Jets have made in recent memory was after 2007 when Woody took the reins out of Mangini's hands and gave them to Tannenbaum. Now everybody wants to do it again. Idzik has already demonstrated that he's not going to lose his sh*t when things go good and that he's not going to lose his sh*t when things go bad. Everybody wants to talk about how he's drafted bad, who cares. We missed on a crapload of picks in 2006 and 2007 too, and that's not why we're in the position we're in now. An organizational commitment to insane overreaction to short-term variance is. Halfway through the second season in Seattle, the Seahawks were 9-15 with no quarterback and Carroll looked like a buffoon. If that's the Jets, we never get to the part where you draft Russell Wilson and win the super bowl.

stop being so rational.

HoF WR. Borderline HoF RB. HoF DE. Jonathan Joseph, Brooks Reed, DeAndre Hopkins, Duane Brown, and a league average QB in Fitzpatrick (a guy I wanted this offseason).

Plus they get Clowney next year after a "medical redshirt" campaign. Yep. Equal rosters.

O'Brien seems to be a good HC thus far but Scott's Penn St bias is showing up big-time right now. As it does with any Joe Paterno discussion.

Johnson is toast, Foster had barely played, the Jets have two high-level DE's, Brooks Reed plays the same position as Quentin Coples, and the Jets have Brick. Please stop.

You guys are lost in another world if you think we have a better or even equal roster to the Texans. This discussion isn't even worth having.

Well, a team that was 2-14 a year ago, and 3-2 now, obviously had something change.

They DID NOT have a huge infusion of talent, and actually lost talent to free agency.

So, what changed? Foremost, coaching and style that the club is run.

Everyone here says that the only way to win is to have talent at every position, then Rex can do what he does best -front run.

Well, that is not a reality. THIS is why this discussion is worth having. Even if it proves that AJis not a top 5 receiver in the NFL any more.

No mistake.

When in one week your starting QB blows off a meeting, your backup decides not to prepare, Kerley is talking about how guys don't have "energy" for their jobs, and Demario Davis is talking about how guys don't prepare or practice like they care... you have a team that has quit.

Last year, they stepped up for Rex. No doubt. His desperation, plus the schedule, helped them rise to the occasion. The most miraculous 8-8 season ever in the history of the sport. I expected a 35 year extension after that sh*t.

The two previous years they dogged it, and again we saw all the tell-tale signs of a quitting team. The only time Rex really had a handle on this team was when the Mangini veterans where here. Other than that, it's been an idiot show.

See what I mean guys.... meatball pitch.

It was Rex's job to define the talent he needed.

Beyond the defensive line, Rex has shown ZERO aptitude for identifying the talent he needs and getting it here. Given the amount of influence he's been afford over both GM's he's worked with, it's pretty clear he is the common denominator.

Also, he doesn't win.

Rex with talent is the man. Rex without talent sucks. Weird

The thing with Idzik is that he isn't doing Rex any favors. I am glad if he isn't bending to the will of Rex, but he still seems to be packing the D.  I have always felt that if I were GM I would stack the O and force Rex to scheme around the D.  The only place you wouldn't be able to skimp on D should be CB.  Strangely, Idzik seems to have done just that, while spending everywhere else on D.  I would not have worried about developing pass rush by using tweeners like Barnes, but to go into a season with this plan at CB seems borderline crazy.  Meanwhile he certainly has not stacked the O.

Couldnt agree with this more. Rex is probably quite the salesman I'd imagine once March roles around.

The Texans went 2-14 last year because Matt Schaub self-destructed and they had no backup qb who could relieve him. Fitzpatrick is no all-pro but he's better than what Schaub has become. The Texans have a better O-line, Andre Johnson is better than all of our receivers combined, Foster is still a good back, their defense is good (not just taking about Watt who is the best defensive player in the league) oh and they just added Clowney who is Lawrence Taylor 2.0. Yeah I think they have a significantly better roster than us.

Archived