Will you root for Rex if he becomes another team's HC?

TuscanyTile2

No Sh*t?  Players said during the week that Rex treated it like a scrimmage?  Wow...pretty damning stuff that must have been covered up by the media to save Rex because nobody reads the papers or internet if there are no Rex quotes in there.

In this case, I apologize...the scrimmage comments were hidden before I saw them.The players said they came out "flat" and "relaxed". You tell me how they treated it.

Revis said they came out "flat" and "relaxed"-You tell me how they treated it.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never said they don't care about winning, but the environment that Rex fosters encourages an atmosphere of complacency. 

So with a team low on talent, desire, and work ethic, they won 8 games last season inclucing against Brady, Brees, and Ryan before Atlanta fell apart?  I'm not buying it, but that's JMO.

Here is a little clue for you-You can't extend a contract until both sides come to agreement. This is a thing called negotiation. You think the jets only extend Rex under their own terms?

C'mon.

We're talking about two completely different things.  You're talking about the new contract they gave him, I'm talking about when they announced to the players that Rex was coming back (as in, we're honoring the final year of the contract he already has) and AFTER that they added the extension.  The players were celebrating Rex coming back, they weren't celebrating his yet to be announced contract extension.  There are some links on youtube to the actual moment in the locker room if you're interested in watching.  How did you not see that? 

So with a team low on talent, desire, and work ethic, they won 8 games last season inclucing against Brady, Brees, and Ryan before Atlanta fell apart?  I'm not buying it, but that's JMO.

A few of those wins were flukes; the NE and TB games come to mind. We were a 6 win team talent-wise that squeezed out an extra 2 wins because a LB hit Geno out of bounds, and because of that call on the FG attempt at the end of the Pats game. Nothing Rex did resulted in us overachieving. He's a bad HC, period.

Revis said they came out "flat" and "relaxed"-You tell me how they treated it.

Right, because if a professional athlete comes out flat for a championship game, it's totally on the coach.  It has nothing to do with the athlete himself.  I know that when I played sports I'd always wonder before the game just how motivated the coach was going to tell me to be that day. Also, man am I shocked to learn Revis came in to a football game not caring about the outcome.  He doesn't seem like a "me first" guy at all.

I suppose it's the Jets way...came out flat in all three championship games I've ever had the chance to watch.  Once under Parcells and twice under Rex.

YOU said they announced to the team in the lockerroom he would be "extended" that was YOU.

The one who likes to ply games with words that people say.

YOU said it,

Semantics...they announced he would be returning.  Now does it make sense to you?

A few of those wins were flukes; the NE and TB games come to mind. We were a 6 win team talent-wise that squeezed out an extra 2 wins because a LB hit Geno out of bounds, and because of that call on the FG attempt at the end of the Pats game. Nothing Rex did resulted in us overachieving. He's a bad HC, period.

That happens in the league sometimes...but the only way  a"fluke" win happens is by being in a position to take advantage of those situations.  IF they didn't care and weren't motivated, one or two plays would not have an impact.  Playing teams like NO and NE will easily be a 35 point loss if your heart isn't in it.

Right, because if a professional athlete comes out flat for a championship game, it's totally on the coach.  It has nothing to do with the athlete himself.  I know that when I played sports I'd always wonder before the game just how motivated the coach was going to tell me to be that day. Also, man am I shocked to learn Revis came in to a football game not caring about the outcome.  He doesn't seem like a "me first" guy at all.

I suppose it's the Jets way...came out flat in all three championship games I've ever had the chance to watch.  Once under Parcells and twice under Rex.

Of course it was not Rex's fault; It never is.

You asked me how they treated the games like scrimmage-I tell you in the way that they played ad from the players themselves. That is not good enough for you, then have to go in immediate apology mode then.

The Jets under Parcells and Rex's first game AFCGG did not come out flat. Thoe teams both played hard in that first half.

We are talking the PITTSBURGH game here, which the Jets had a real chance to win, if they could have given effort. They didn't.

Excsue me if at least part of that blame goes on teh coach.

Of course you excuse Rex. As you ALWAYS do

Semantics...they announced he would be returning.  Now does it make sense to you?

Odd that when the conversation tilts against you, you then refer to semantics. The same guy that totally relies on semantics. OR, don't you recall asking me to say exactly where players said they practiced like for a scrimmage.

Karma is a bitch.

That happens in the league sometimes...but the only way  a"fluke" win happens is by being in a position to take advantage of those situations.  IF they didn't care and weren't motivated, one or two plays would not have an impact.  Playing teams like NO and NE will easily be a 35 point loss if your heart isn't in it.

This is going nowhere. Nothing I say will make someone so thoroughly transfixed by Rex's cult of personality see the light. Keep living in the fantasy world where Rex's phone is going to be ringing off the hook with HCing offers this offseason, and where he's going to win multiple SB's somewhere else as soon as we fire him  :roll:

This is going nowhere. Nothing I say will make someone so thoroughly transfixed by Rex's cult of personality see the light. Keep living in the fantasy world where Rex's phone is going to be ringing off the hook with HCing offers this offseason, and where he's going to win multiple SB's somewhere else as soon as we fire him  :roll:

AFJF is Max's little post creator. Max gave him a writing title and asked that he stir the pot, even when it flies in the face of conventional wisdom.

Of course it was not Rex's fault; It never is.

You asked me how they treated the games like scrimmage-I tell you in the way that they played ad from the players themselves. That is not good enough for you, then have to go in immediate apology mode then.

The Jets under Parcells and Rex's first game AFCGG did not come out flat. Thoe teams both played hard in that first half.

We are talking the PITTSBURGH game here, which the Jets had a real chance to win, if they could have given effort. They didn't.

Excsue me if at least part of that blame goes on teh coach.

Of course you excuse Rex. As you ALWAYS do

This is a flat out lie and pretty much the basis of your attitude when I attempt to have a conversation with you.  It's such a damn shame because I love this place and for a long time you  were one of the posters I enjoyed the most.

I have said countless occasions that Rex should be fired.  I have pointed out many of his faults that aggravate me to no end.

However, because I haven't joined the hysterical masses and ridiculed him for everything that has gone wrong over the past few years that I "don't blame him for anything".  Just the fact that I give credit where it's due and say that the man did a great job based on the talent he was given, you just assume I see no fault in him.  

So, rather than have an objective conversation, somebody saying something completely insane such as "Rex did some good things here" is met with "you love Rex and he's a retard and you love him anyway so you're a retard too".

"you love Rex and he's a retard and you love him anyway so you're a retard too".

Pretty sure I have never said that. Now, you are getting wound up in a little histrionics.

I enjoed Rex's first 2 years here-Have said so many times. I HATED the way that they cam out in that Pitt game. It caused me concern. Then the lockerroom divisions, the false captains and the final straw was Sparano + Tebow.

And that, is all on Rex

Odd that when the conversation tilts against you, you then refer to semantics. The same guy that totally relies on semantics. OR, don't you recall asking me to say exactly where players said they practiced like for a scrimmage.

Karma is a bitch.

Those aren't semantics...claiming that a HC treated an AFCCG  like a scrimmage, if that were true, is something that every fan should be demanding he be fired for and should have been all that time.  An accusation like that should be met with a question as to where the info is coming from.  I mean, only from a fan that cares about the team.  I do, so if there were players accusing Rex of preparing like a scrimmage then I would love to see it.  Am I supposed to treat a claim like that as gospel without asking where it's coming from?

Karma isn't real.

AFJF is Max's little post creator. Max gave him a writing title and asked that he stir the pot, even when it flies in the face of conventional wisdom.

Glenn gives up his own time to write stuff for the site. I am not sure what your problem is, but feel free to ignore any of our content. But you brought me into this and posted something about me that isn't true. So I am going to consider that a personal attack.

Please be reminded that personal attacks are not allowed here.  I have spent very little time with Glenn discussing content, because he is a smart guy and has done a great job of creating content. But I have spent no time with Glenn, or any writer here, talking about "stirring the pot".  I am assuming this is a joke, but am addressing it as if it is serious because we have a lot of new posters here.

Glenn gives up his own time to write stuff for the site. I am not sure what your problem is, but feel free to ignore any of our content. But you brought me into this and posted something about me that isn't true. So I am going to consider that a personal attack.

Please be reminded that personal attacks are not allowed here. I have spent very little time with Glenn discussing content, because he is a smart guy and has done a great job of creating content. But I have spent no time with Glenn, or any writer here, talking about "stirring the pot". I am assuming this is a joke, but am addressing it as if it is serious because we have a lot of new posters here.

Is it still ok to blame you for not controlling your psycho underlings?

Please be reminded that personal attacks are not allowed here.  I have spent very little time with Glenn discussing content, because he is a smart guy and has done a great job of creating content. But I have spent no time with Glenn, or any writer here, talking about "stirring the pot".  I am assuming this is a joke, but am addressing it as if it is serious because we have a lot of new posters here.

It is just my opinion. Sorry I said Max (Thought that was not your real name, and if it isn't, is that a "personal attack:))? Sites can have pot stirrers, and up posts counts. You claim to want that all the time.

If you must, ban me becaue of that "personal" attack. I would consider it silly, but would respect it.

Pretty sure I have never said that. Now, you are getting wound up in a little histrionics.

I enjoed Rex's first 2 years here-Have said so many times. I HATED the way that they cam out in that Pitt game. It caused me concern. Then the lockerroom divisions, the false captains and the final straw was Sparano + Tebow.

And that, is all on Rex

I was talking about JN as a board and the reactions that are tearing up all the threads right now.  

I don't believe Rex has been the man making every decision that has gone bad for this team but he has made enough bad ones that he should be let go...I've acknowledged that several times.  However, I feel that the hatred has gone so overboard that people act like there was never a good moment while he was here.  It's because of that they I'm happy to point out the things Rex did well while he was here.

When I say he did some things well, some people become name-calling adolescents which blows my mind because I think some of these people are actually grown-ups.

I was talking about JN as a board and the reactions that are tearing up all the threads right now.  

I don't believe Rex has been the man making every decision that has gone bad for this team but he has made enough bad ones that he should be let go...I've acknowledged that several times.  However, I feel that the hatred has gone so overboard that people act like there was never a good moment while he was here.  It's because of that they I'm happy to point out the things Rex did well while he was here.

When I say he did some things well, some people become name-calling adolescents which blows my mind because I think some of these people are actually grown-ups.

Are people not allowed these "reactions" Can they not post them in threads? So, essentially it sounds like you are going overboard on one side, because others do it on another side.

In that case. I was not far off

Are people not allowed these "reactions" Can they not post them in threads? So, essentially it sounds like you are going overboard on one side, because others do it on another side.

In that case. I was not far off

Nope, now  you're completely misinterpreting my comment  but that's no surprise at this point.  I simply said I don't hesitate to say what Rex has done right.  Choose to ignore it like most do, but that doesn't make me wrong for providing facts on events that took place during Rex's tenure.

Awesome...now call out the guy who makes this site possible with 100% false and completely baseless accusations.

LOL @ "flies in the face of conventional wisdom" despite the fact that countless writers, former players, and former coaches have been saying all year that Rex has nothing to work with and should not be fired for failing to win with this team.  Oh, that's okay because we have our "the media loves him" response already cut and ready to paste when somebody who has played or coached in the NFL disagrees with your agenda.

BTW...here is a summary of every e-mail Max and I have exchanged in regards to me writing for the site.

Max:  Saw that article you posted, thanks for helping out with the site.

Me:  No sweat man, happy to do it.

The End

Awesome...now call out the guy who makes this site possible with 100% false and completely baseless accusations.

LOL @ "flies in the face of conventional wisdom" despite the fact that countless writers, former players, and former coaches have been saying all year that Rex has nothing to work with and should not be fired for failing to win with this team.  Oh, that's okay because we have our "the media loves him" response already cut and ready to paste when somebody who has played or coached in the NFL disagrees with your agenda.

BTW...here is a summary of every e-mail Max and I have exchanged in regards to me writing for the site.

Max:  Saw that article you posted, thanks for helping out with the site.

Me:  No sweat man, happy to do it.

The End

:pats head:

Wasted six years of my sports fandom life and embarrassed the organization and its fans every step of the way. What's not to like?

According to Collision Low Crossers, it all started to go wrong when Rex decided to use "his pick" on Scotty McKnight so that Sanchez would have a friend.  Pettine felt that being drafted is an honor, and that McKnight, not on their draft board and a guaranteed UDFA, didn't deserve that honor.  This doubt infected him (leading him to want to become his own man) and the rest of the organization.

It is just my opinion. Sorry I said Max (Thought that was not your real name, and if it isn't, is that a "personal attack:))? Sites can have pot stirrers, and up posts counts. You claim to want that all the time.

If you must, ban me becaue of that "personal" attack. I would consider it silly, but would respect it.

Scott I am not going to lie. Your post annoyed me. You brought me into something that I had nothing to do with and you posted a flat out lie. When I call you on it, you get cute and apologize for calling me by my screen name.

There are a lot of people that work really hard here without asking for anything in return. So I don't appreciate when you post stuff like that, because it is baseless and isn't true.

According to Collision Low Crossers, it all started to go wrong when Rex decided to use "his pick" on Scotty McKnight so that Sanchez would have a friend.  Pettine felt that being drafted is an honor, and that McKnight, not on their draft board and a guaranteed UDFA, didn't deserve that honor.  This doubt infected him (leading him to want to become his own man) and the rest of the organization.

I wonder if Woody ever got around to reading Collision Low Crossers.

Archived