Mariota or Winston

joewilly12

95 members have voted

1. 1. Mariota or Winston

• Mariota
    • Winston

in three weeks these two will play each other.

There's obviously a-lot of scenarios that could play out (they both play awesome for example)

but it would be shocking if the loser of that game, that everyone saw on New Years Eve, goes higher than the winner. Winston could heal up his ankle, win this game and go higher than Mariota. It's not a SURE THING but it's a possibility.  the owners have lizard brains, even if Mariota is thought of by scouts as a better prospect/human being. All they care about is winning. 

This is most likely a sophie's choice. FSU QB legacy is terrible, as is Oregon's.  Brad Johnson might be the best to come out of either. Or Charlie Ward.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's obviously a-lot of scenarios that could play out (they both play awesome for example)

but it would be shocking if the loser of that game, that everyone saw on New Years Eve, goes higher than the winner. Winston could heal up his ankle, win this game and go higher than Mariota. It's not a SURE THING but it's a possibility.  the owners have lizard brains, even if Mariota is thought of by scouts as a better prospect/human being. All they care about is winning. 

This is most likely a sophie's choice. FSU QB legacy is terrible, as is Oregon's.  Brad Johnson might be the best to come out of either. Or Charlie Ward.

David Carr sh*t the bed in his bowl game and is the best QB from the 2014 draft. I wouldnt put too much stock in one game.

Mariotta is a 1 read QB, same as Geno the Clown. He fails to see his tertiary WR.

Geno and Mariota played in very similar systems in college. I love how the anti-Winston people are so sure he will be horrible in the nfl but that Mariota will all of a sudden learn how to play under center and be a top 10 qb.

How many great qbs came out of Tony Romo or Kurt Warner alma matters? The criticism of Mariota is more valid because Oregon has always used a spread offense as far as I can remember and that's resulted in umpteen crappy nfl qbs. Still I'm not even opposed to Mariota I think we need a qb desperately. Only other player I'd be happy with is cooper.

• 2 months later...

Mariota would be the pick, if somehow either are there, but they won't be. Winston will be photographed beating the sh*t out of a drug dealer over an eight ball this fall. Bowles is a defensive coach and will want as many picks as possible. Mariota is trade fodder.

Archived