Is it me or is this approach just stupid?

Villain The Foe

Woody said he'd hire the head coach while taking the advice of the new GM.

This is mostly preparation because a lot of these guys will be inaccessible once the playoffs start.

But, it is kind of stupid but it's the Jets. They've been finding new ways to define stupid for decades now.

Bears doing the same thing. Bears also using a consultant, Ernie Accorsi

So Im hearing all of this info about Marrone yet Im not hearing anything about our possible GM. Im really not sure if this is a situation where the Jets are just keeping that GM search under wraps or if they are in fact looking for a coach first.

GM candidates don't have W-L records. GM candidates didn't opt out. GM candidates didn't leave Syracuse.

Last time I checked we're looking for BOTH, we've been interviewing BOTH. You can't just say "oh, let's go find a GM first" and then watch the rest of the league go after the best HC's out there. Who are you going to be left with in the end? Mangini? Rex? Woody is doing the right thing. Get interviews lined up with all the best HC's and GM's that are available.

Who has been interviewed so far for the GM position? 

Who has been interviewed so far for the GM position? 

They are TRYING to get guys to interview for the GM position but those guys are staying put, we get declined. Why is that so hard to understand? They're now trying 2 other candidates. Maybe we should put a gun on their chest but I doubt that's legal.

Why are we looking for the HC before the GM? Shouldn't we be looking for the General Manager and let that guy find (with the support of whomever Woody decides to support) the HC? 

Is this even normal? 

they are interviewing coaches who are stll employed while they can during the official windows established by the NFL

everybody is doing it, even chicago

They are TRYING to get guys to interview for the GM position but those guys are staying put, we get declined. Why is that so hard to understand? They're now trying 2 other candidates. Maybe we should put a gun on their chest but I doubt that's legal.

It's not hard to understand at all. Look at your words below. I'll highlight it. 

Last time I checked we're looking for BOTH, we've been interviewing BOTH. You can't just say "oh, let's go find a GM first" and then watch the rest of the league go after the best HC's out there. Who are you going to be left with in the end? Mangini? Rex? Woody is doing the right thing. Get interviews lined up with all the best HC's and GM's that are available.

You said that you "checked" and your findings is that they've been interviewing BOTH. Given that you had some sort of inside track or connection I figured I'd ask who they interviewed for the GM job. They you turn around and say "TRYING". Trying and doing are not the same, thats not hard to understand at all. I dont even need the capital letters to understand that. What I also understand is that you didnt check anything. You know about as much as I do. 

Calm down fella. 

Yeah, really. 

Ballhawk said that we've been interviewing both...he checked. So I wanted to know what he knew. Do you know? Maybe its just me out of the loop. 

You give trolls a really bad reputation but here you go:

Archived