Deflategate vs. Spygate

AFJF

Hopefully the NFL commissioner Roger Goddell throws the Book at the Patriots for this cheating strategy. I heard they might suspend Belicheat for the superbowl or all of next season.

I also heard they might take picks away from them as well. The Patriots are natural cheaters. Belichick is the master planner of cheating. He used cameras in 2008 and now deflating footballs. What next? how else is he going to cheat to win.

Spygate was a more elaborate/in-depth cheating scandal, but it was early on in the season.  The league was able to say "Pats are guilty, we're taking a pick and some cash, but now it's fixed".  Deflategate?  How thrilled is the NFL that all anyone is going to talk about leading up to the super bowl is that one of the teams in the super bowl cheated on their way to getting there?  Final score doesn't matter, what "could have" or "may have" happened without cheating isn't the issue.  When the game started, the score was 0-0 and that's when the cheating started.  A blowout does not negate that fact.

As bad as it is, it could get worse.  If the Pats were to go on and win the SB, the cheating is still fresh enough that the league will be mocked for allowing it to happen, while Patriots fans tell the rest of the country that every team inflates/deflates the football to the PSI desired by the QB despite there being no proof of it (as of now).

It's a repeat offense.  That was part of league justifying Payton's year-long suspension in N.O. and now they have a repeat offense for BB, but he's a huge draw.  Him and Brady  make so much money for the league that I can't possibly see them suspending him.  More picks, more money, but I think he gets to coach every game next season.

Which is worse?  Thoughts?

Bandwagoners say "Oh, both teams played with the same football and so the Cheatriots did not get any benefit out of it". To that I would say, "if it wasn't helping them, they wouldn't have done".

If the score was 9-7 and Colts missed a time expiring, lead changing FG, would the reaction be the same? Probably much more strong. But does it even make a difference on what the result was? Cheating is cheating, be it a close game, or a blow out.

I hope Seattle is pumped up. Score couple of early TDs and deflate the Pats. That would be ironic. Hope Brady gets at least some suspension along with that prick people call "the greatest (cheating) HC".

Hopefully the NFL commissioner Roger Goddell throws the Book at the Patriots for this cheating strategy. I heard they might suspend Belicheat for the superbowl or all of next season.

I also heard they might take picks away from them as well. The Patriots are natural cheaters. Belichick is the master planner of cheating. He used cameras in 2008 and now deflating footballs. What next? how else is he going to cheat to win.

He's never won a SB without cheating. Its time Goodell sets an example. He's already under a great deal of public pressure for the Ray Rice handling, so I do expect some suspensions. Tom Gaydy should also be suspended. Its not like Belichick decided to deflate footballs without asking Gaydy's preference.

I'd love to see Belichick get suspended for a full season or half season next year.  That way everyone will finally recognize that Brady made Belichick, not the other way around (or even a mutual deal).

Belichick will get suspended and they'll still go 12-4 next year.

• 2 years later...

Archived