Which of the seven new NFL head coaches was the best hire ? ? ?

kelly

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mangini went 9-7 his final year with the Jets.  Rex went 4-12.

Nonsense. Brett Favre went 8-3 in Mangini's last year. That guy sucked as a coach, and the team Rex took over sucked, too. Without a healthy Favre, the team Mangini allegedly built for Rex went 5-16 over his last two years - and Rex didn't inherit Brett Favre. It's really one of the great make-believe stories that gets tossed around here.

Nonsense. Brett Favre went 8-3 in Mangini's last year. That guy sucked as a coach, and the team Rex took over sucked, too. Without a healthy Favre, the team Mangini allegedly built for Rex went 5-16 over his last two years - and Rex didn't inherit Brett Favre. It's really one of the great make-believe stories that gets tossed around here.

So at best, Rex Ryan is a little better than Mangini and Herm Edwards.  Progress, I guess?

So at best, Rex Ryan is a little better than Mangini and Herm Edwards.  Progress, I guess?

Rex went a lot further -twice- with a lot less at QB than either of those guys.

As I've said before, I'm more excited about the team's new GM than the new coach. This team has lacked talent for a long time. And don't make me dig up your John Idzik is doing a great job, guys! thread, either.

Rex went a lot further -twice- with a lot less at QB than either of those guys.

As I've said before, I'm more excited about the team's new GM than the new coach. This team has lacked talent for a long time. And don't make me dig up your John Idzik is doing a great job, guys! thread, either.

I do still love me some Chris Ivory.  But Idzik lost me forever after signing Vick. 

I do still love me some Chris Ivory.  But Idzik lost me forever after signing Vick. 

correct me if I am wrong here, but I vaguely remember you posting something like "idzik signed the best qb, running back, & wide receiver". more than once,actually. too many idzik cheerleaders to remember back a few months ago, I might be wrong

correct me if I am wrong here, but I vaguely remember you posting something like "idzik signed the best qb, running back, & wide receiver". more than once,actually. too many idzik cheerleaders to remember back a few months ago, I might be wrong

the " i - man " is gone !..time to move - on    :winking0001:

Before.

Perhaps, but what I'm saying is that Rex inherited an 8-win defense on its own. Anything short of 8 wins for him this year, is a failure to take that team to the next level. Even if he does managed to lead the league in run defense. 

Perhaps, but what I'm saying is that Rex inherited an 8-win defense on its own. Anything short of 8 wins for him this year, is a failure to take that team to the next level. Even if he does managed to lead the league in run defense.

Remember, he called Jim Schwartz finishing fourth "a disappointment."

Archived