Matt Moore makes too much sense now

DaBallhawk

I asked you a very simple question, why don't you just give me an answer?

You've asked me nothing in this thread, except who I was talking about whenever I was obviously talking about Glennon. I held your hand and walked you through that entire exchange in my previous post.

You've asked me nothing in this thread, except who I was talking about whenever I was obviously talking about Glennon. I held your hand and walked you through that entire exchange in my previous post.

So why would you say I'm making excuses for Glennon? That's the part that didn't make sense. Now if you say I'm making excuses for Moore, justifying his poor stats when he was thrown into the fire and whatnot, fine. But I'm not making excuses for Glennon. I thought he didn't play well enough to be worth a ~ 3rd round pick which I guess is what Tampa wants in return from what I've read.

So why would you say I'm making excuses for Glennon? That's the part that didn't make sense. Now if you say I'm making excuses for Moore, justifying his poor stats when he was thrown into the fire and whatnot, fine. But I'm not making excuses for Glennon. I thought he didn't play well enough to be worth a ~ 3rd round pick which I guess is what Tampa wants in return from what I've read.

You claimed Glennon was "subpar considering all the weapons he's had in Tampa", then quoted a post disagreeing with you about the fact that Glennon DIDN'T have weapons in Tampa, calling that an excuse. The bolded part is the excuse you made for why you don't like Glennon. The bolded part is also pure bullsh*t. 13 games throwing to VJax, Tim Wright, and Tiquan Underwood does not constitute a bevy of weaponry riches. Nor does 4 games out of 18 started that he actually had VJax and Evans together.

Considering all the weapons he's had in Tampa and his subpar performances...you'd have to be crazy to give up a 3rd round pick for him. It's not like he's a free agent or can be had for a late pick.

Glennon is better Moore and any qb in the draft not named Winston or mariota so a 3rd for him is not a crazy idea

You claimed Glennon was "subpar considering all the weapons he's had in Tampa", then quoted a post disagreeing with you about the fact that Glennon DIDN'T have weapons in Tampa, calling that an excuse. The bolded part is the excuse you made for why you don't like Glennon. The bolded part is also pure bullsh*t. 13 games throwing to VJax, Tim Wright, and Tiquan Underwood does not constitute a bevy of weaponry riches. Nor does 4 games out of 18 started that he actually had VJax and Evans together.

The Glennon sucks crowd make some lame generalizations.

He played for the Dolphins under Bowles & Kacy, he was their team MVP in 2011, he actually looked GREAT when given the opportunity. Unlike the rest of the QB's over there he was able to move the ball, stretch the field, put points on the board (90 QB rating). Brandon Marshall also was his #1 target there so that certainly helps now that we have him here. Out of all the QB's that are available I think he'd be the best choice, he's got the most upside, he won't even command top dollars, you can probably get him dirt cheap at this point and at the very least he can be a terrific backup if Geno shocks us all in camp & preseason with consistent, good QB play. Plus Moore easily has another 5+ prime years left in him. This guy in Chan's offense, the defense we have, a good running game and 2 Pro Bowl type receivers...could be one of those great moves a few years down the road.

With all due respect Matt Moore is nothing special I have seen him play in regular season games and trust me he is nothing special. He opted to stay as a backup to Tannehill instead of taking a chance on being a starter which says a lot. Plus he is 30 years old and hasn't played in like 3 years.

all Vets mentioned in thread are Vet JAGS, decent, but stopgaps. Our QB of future probably to be drafted this year..

Hopefully it will be next years draft when Cook from MSU and Hackenberg from PSU will be available. Turn Geno loose for one more year , gives us legit shot to grab one of those guys. :winking0001:

Mallet would be a huge upgrade over Geno Smith.

Understatement of the decade.

When you think about it..every QB in this thread is an upgrade over Geno. Im a fan of Glennon AND Mallett but, IMO, the QB that would be the BIGGER upgrade over Geno is Mallett. The fact that he was coached by the NE staff and the Houston staff is a positive, not a negative. It means he's been well-coached.

That's not making an excuse so I'm not sure what you're talking about. Making an excuse would be to say he struggled because nobody helped him out, which is kind of what you're doing. All I said was that he performed subpar considering the weapons he had around him and for you to say that's not the case because he only had VJax + Mike Evans is just absolutely ridiculous. How can you not stick up for Matt Moore then? Who did he have? Look at his stats from 2011, compare them to Glennons numbers. 99% of the QB's in the NFL can only dream of having Jackson & Evans to throw the ball to and here you are making excuses. Poor guy didn't have arguably the best WR corps in the NFL in every single game, how terrible. Sorry, don't buy it.

Listen, nobody said Glennon is awful, nobody said he can't be good or that he has no talent. All I said was...exactly what I said. I don't think he's worth a 3rd round pick. Not on planet Earth. Maybe on Mars or even Saturn, but definitely not Earth. I rather sign Matt Moore to a friendly contract and give up exactly nothing for him.

i wouldn't be upset with Moore, but i'd like to see a younger guy with more of a future here.  we need to find someone who could be the guy for 8-10 more years, i don't think Moore is that guy.  Mallett, Hoyer (a little older), Glennon, etc could fill that. heck, maybe even Sanchez again!

NONE of those guys are better than Geno. Not one. Draft Mariota if you think Geno cannot become the guy

Yeah, Mallet's 60 QB rating is really special. Couldn't even make it in NE, he looked terrible. Tebow even laughs at him.

Why would you judge a QB by his career numbers? It's obvious those numbers are pretty much meaningless. The guy never really got a fair shot, he always gets thrown into the fire, gets a couple of starts when the starter struggles, comes in during the 4th quarter when his team gets blown out, of course you can't produce good numbers in those situations. The one year where he worked as a true starter somewhat was in '11 and he looked terrific.

Yeah, the quarterback position was really up for grabs during Mallet's time in New England. And Mallett has started two games, left the second one with injury. Oh and he's not a 30 year old backup 

That's not making an excuse so I'm not sure what you're talking about. Making an excuse would be to say he struggled because nobody helped him out, which is kind of what you're doing. All I said was that he performed subpar considering the weapons he had around him and for you to say that's not the case because he only had VJax + Mike Evans is just absolutely ridiculous. How can you not stick up for Matt Moore then? Who did he have? Look at his stats from 2011, compare them to Glennons numbers. 99% of the QB's in the NFL can only dream of having Jackson & Evans to throw the ball to and here you are making excuses. Poor guy didn't have arguably the best WR corps in the NFL in every single game, how terrible. Sorry, don't buy it.

Listen, nobody said Glennon is awful, nobody said he can't be good or that he has no talent. All I said was...exactly what I said. I don't think he's worth a 3rd round pick. Not on planet Earth. Maybe on Mars or even Saturn, but definitely not Earth. I rather sign Matt Moore to a friendly contract and give up exactly nothing for him.

The more I think about it, the more I'm OK with giving up a third for Glennon. The QB you'll likely find in round 3 is a project whose chances at being a capable starter are a complete toss up.

Glennon has at least shown he can be an adequate starter in the NFL. Considering the poor coaching he's had, there's a chance he can be more than that.

IMO he's a safer gamble.

You still don't get it. YOU brought up his receiving corps. I did not. YOU did. I am not crying that "the poor guy didn't have arguably the best WR corps in the league every game. How terrible". I'm not citing the fact he's played 4/18 career games with Jackson + Evans to elicit sympathy for Glennon. I'm citing that to make you look like a dumbass, since in your very first post re:Glennon in this thread, you said he was "subpar despite all his weapons".

You don't want to give up a third for him. Fine. I can respect that. But, that isn't what we are arguing about.

Archived