Can we fire the f drumline?

Jetsmanjb

I can't believe these people actually get paid just to be totally obnoxious and annoy our own fans.  Let's fire them and use the leftover loot to pay for some extra cheerleaders.  

Wait a minute, just wait a gol-darn minute!

Let me get this straight.

I don't want to get this wrong here.

Are you actually telling me...

...that these aforementioned individuals with said drumming instruments...

...WERE NOT piled at the front doors of the facility with the rest of Idzik's belongings when he left????

I can't believe these people actually get paid just to be totally obnoxious and annoy our own fans.  Let's fire them and use the leftover loot to pay for some extra cheerleaders.  

I don't get the hate for them. I think they are ok. I like that they walk through the lot playing before the game and I don't think they really annoy or interfere with the game day action.

I don't get the hate for them. I think they are ok. I like that they walk through the lot playing before the game and I don't think they really annoy or interfere with the game day action.

Eh, this isn't college, they were a gimmick to put asses in seats--that's it. I'm not aware of any other NFL team that has a drumline, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

You know the off season is going good when fans are complaining about the drum line. Good job so far Mac and Bowles. 

Ha! I don't actually care, I just feel like... I dunno, it's late and I'm tired... but I should be complaining about SOMETHING. It feels weird otherwise.

Eh, this isn't college, they were a gimmick to put asses in seats--that's it. I'm not aware of any other NFL team that has a drumline, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

Giants do. And I know I've seen other teams with em on TV. Just don't remember which. I assumed all teams had em.

Isn't the Giants and jets drum line the same guys?

Actually, you're right. The Jets and Giants got them from the same firm--or whatever you wanna call it--Gallant Entertainment Inc at the same time.

And here I was, unfairly blaming Idzik. My apologies Idzik.

both the Ravens and Redskins are stadiums I have seen the jets play at that have marching bands, and have for years.

Do you really think anyone at the jets went as far as to think "hey a drumline would sell more tickets or put more asses in the seats?" It is just something that gets mixed in with music and audio/video clips to occupy time between plays and to get the crowd to make some noise, nothing more than that. Never once in the 2 years they have been around have I ever taken a second to really care about them, let alone be pissed about them.

I do have nephews that come to the game that are 4-7 years old and when the drumline comes by the tailgate the kids enjoy it, and I would rather them listen to that and enjoy that then the crappy music some 17 year old blasts from his car in the lot.

Yes, as long as they don't bring Firefraud back.

SAR I

both the Ravens and Redskins are stadiums I have seen the jets play at that have marching bands, and have for years.

Do you really think anyone at the jets went as far as to think "hey a drumline would sell more tickets or put more asses in the seats?" It is just something that gets mixed in with music and audio/video clips to occupy time between plays and to get the crowd to make some noise, nothing more than that. Never once in the 2 years they have been around have I ever taken a second to really care about them, let alone be pissed about them.

I do have nephews that come to the game that are 4-7 years old and when the drumline comes by the tailgate the kids enjoy it, and I would rather them listen to that and enjoy that then the crappy music some 17 year old blasts from his car in the lot.

They're so loud though if you're anywhere near them most of the time you cannot hear yourself think

Archived