Jets' Leonard Williams: I hope Brady is my first sack

BurnleyJet

Love it

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000489485/article/jets-leonard-williams-i-hope-brady-is-my-first-sack

New York JetsNo. 6 overall pick Leonard Williams' first NFL press conference was music to the ears of gridiron fans in the Big Apple.

Asked about facing the Super Bowl champions twice a year in the AFC East, Williams quipped, "I hope that's the first sack of my career ... against Tom Brady."

To paint a fair picture, the former USC star said it with a smile and no malice, adding respectfully, "I'm looking forward to tackling a great quarterback like that."

Williams had higher priorities Thursday than studying the Jets' schedule, which shows that he won't play against the Patriots until Week 7.

As a defensive end rotating with Muhammad Wilkerson and Sheldon Richardson on the best three-man front in football, Williams should have little trouble picking up a sack in the first six weeks of the season.

If not, the Super Bowl MVP will be in the crosshairs.

Didn't Vern Gholston say the exact same thing a few years ago?

I actually remember VG saying that as well....but that was him and we know he had a great deal of questions about his heart for playing football which unfortunately was true.

Leo has the tape to show he's the real deal...VG didn't.

Whoever the Jets play defense against will be very interesting this year.   

Archived