Who's our kick and punt returners?

Morrissey

Kick returner who cares? Jus take on 20 don't take chance. I'd put cro back there if need a spark

Without Harvin, who ran it out all the time no matter what, that's probably what we'll do. Miss the days of  Justin Miller-Leon Washington-Brad Smith giving us kick-off thrills...

The interesting thing to me is the bottom of the camp roster.  The last two guys they signed were WRs, but they were big bodied guys Jonathan Rumph (6'4", 220) and Austin Hill (6'3", 220).  I don't think either is a candidate to return.  I would have expected more Walt Powell types than these wannabe Anquan Boldins.  This may indicate that Gailey likes bigger players, particularly in the slot.  They have gone after a few big bodies and Nelson and Chandler did well for him in Buffalo. OTOH, it probably just means that they took a flier on two guys that would have been rated higher if not for injury. 

I don't think Devin Smith is going to be used at all in the return game.

I agree.  He didn't return any punts and only 1 KR in his last two years at Ohio State.  I would be surprised if he does it here.  PR will likely be Kerley, possibly Shaq Evans (if he sticks) who returned punts at UCLA.  For KR I see a camp battle between Chris Owusu, TJ Graham and Walter Powell for the 6th WR/KR spot.

Archived