Verizon Preparing to Enhance MetLife fan Experience

JetNation

When JetNation.com was invited to the Jets’ third pre-season game against the New Giants by Verizon it wasn’t just about football, but an opportunity to speak with representatives from the company who are responsible for providing fans with free wi-fi access during the game. Giving fans the opportunity to stay up to speed with what […]

Click here to read the full story...

A lot of the new fan base that attends games spends a good portion of it on their phones, this will only add to it.

would happen with or without free wifi.  Smartphones are a part of people's life and they can't put them down wherever they are unfortunately 

would happen with or without free wifi.  Smartphones are a part of people's life and they can't put them down wherever they are unfortunately 

They were featuring the LTE too...no idea how to fathom 1.9 TB in a few hours but they're doing a damn good job out there.

so what was your point? Jets are going along with the times instead of pretending as if they can attract young fans without stuff like free wifi. 

No point is that now some people use their own data and it seems they are on their phones from start to end during the game now with free wi-fi more will join them.  

To each is own I pay to watch football not bury my head in a cell phone. 

so what was your point? Jets are going along with the times instead of pretending as if they can attract young fans without stuff like free wifi. 

+1

Plus it can have the added effect of attendees not needing to leave earlier because they've been "disconnected" for too long and and another 30-45 min isn't worth it. 

Also I'd bet a good percentage of attendees play FF and they can stay updated. 

You can't will hinge to be the way they we're by only offering less than today's standards. It's hard enough to get people to leave their giant big screen HDTVs on frigid winter and/or rainy and windy Sundays. 

No point is that now some people use their own data and it seems they are on their phones from start to end during the game now with free wi-fi more will join them.  

To each is own I pay to watch football not bury my head in a cell phone. 

1336218665870154278.jpg

Sorry guys I'm not a techno geek who feels the need to have a cell phone attached to my face all day everyday,quite frankly I get annoyed when I see people young and old driving and texting or at a restaurant eating and the phone is in use. 

Sorry for voicing my opinion. 

742b8c68931dd8862971afa86028a99f.jpg

Sorry guys I'm not a techno geek who feels the need to have a cell phone attached to my face all day everyday,quite frankly I get annoyed when I see people young and old driving and texting or at a restaurant eating and the phone is in use. 

Sorry for voicing my opinion. 

No one is forcing you into the 21st century.  Just don't be surprised when you get responses like the above when you post that the Jets should act as if its still 1970. I happen to hate twitter, but the Jets/NFL can't pretend as if the a large portion of their fan base has incorporated things like twitter/texting into their life, to the point where they would choose to stay home if they can't be "connected." 

I was at the last preseason game and it was nice to have free wifi so i can stay connected.

No one is forcing you into the 21st century.  Just don't be surprised when you get responses like the above when you post that the Jets should act as if its still 1970. I happen to hate twitter, but the Jets/NFL can't pretend as if the a large portion of their fan base has incorporated things like twitter/texting into their life, to the point where they would choose to stay home if they can't be "connected." 

I was at the last preseason game and it was nice to have free wifi so i can stay connected.

Understood,just remember NOTHING is FREE. 

Understood,just remember NOTHING is FREE. 

yes, I was there for the first day of economics 101, TINSTAAFL and all that, but this is a way for Verizon to gain customers through good will. If I have no intention of leaving AT&T they can't really monetize their free wifi by gaining me as a customer. Maybe they get some browsing data that can be packaged and sold to someone, but we have all pretty much surrendered to that and anonymous data like that wouldn't be a cost to me. 

so yeah, once in a while something is free. 

Archived