Name these JETS part II

southparkcpa

69 Fabini, 68 Mawae, 67 Herman, 66 Rasmussen, 65 Moore, 64 Bingham, 63 Idk, 62 Atkinson, 61 Talimini , 60 Grantham, 59 Clifton, 58 Idk, 57 Lewis, 56 Mehl, 55Jones, 54McDaniel, 53 Sweeny, 52 Schmitt, 51 Buttle, 50 Barton, 49Richardson, 48 Holloman, 47 Idk, 46 Baird, 45 Christy, 44 Riggins, 43 Dockery, 42 Harper, 41 Snell, 40 Hasty, 39 Idk(is that J.Jonhson? lol), 38 Connor lol, 37 Wilson?, 36 Leonard, 35 Augustyniak(hard to see), Damn the Jets had some lousy group of best FBs ever. 34 Hector, 33 Ivory, 32 Boozer, 31 Cro, 30 Baxter.

I feel like 28ish years of being a fan is forever, then I see how many of those guys I'd never recognize because I never saw them play and I feel like I've been watching for ten  minutes.  I think I got just about every guy who played during my time as fan but only a couple of the old-timers.

I feel like 28ish years of being a fan is forever, then I see how many of those guys I'd never recognize because I never saw them play and I feel like I've been watching for ten  minutes.  I think I got just about every guy who played during my time as fan but only a couple of the old-timers.

Back in our day, and I'm older than you, NO ESPN etc. We watched on a black and white TV, read newspapers etc.

Was harder to know all the players.

Back in our day, and I'm older than you, NO ESPN etc. We watched on a black and white TV, read newspapers etc.

I couldn't imagine what it was like back then...even for me, thinking about the days of falling asleep during an extra inning Yankee game and having to run to the store before school to grab a newspaper and hope the game didn't run so late that there was no final score printed.  Man did I hate that.

I couldn't imagine what it was like back then...even for me, thinking about the days of falling asleep during an extra inning Yankee game and having to run to the store before school to grab a newspaper and hope the game didn't run so late that there was no final score printed.  Man did I hate that.

I remember sneaking a small black AM Radio to school to listen to the Yankees in the playoffs in 76. I also remember being in elementary school during the 73 Mets WS and the game was on in our classroom.  So kool back then.  You'd RUN home to catch the 8th and 9th inning. 

I remember sneaking a small black AM Radio to school to listen to the Yankees in the playoffs in 76. I also remember being in elementary school during the 73 Mets WS and the game was on in our classroom.  So kool back then.  You'd RUN home to catch the 8th and 9th inning. 

LOL...my  mom used to yell at  me because the radio I'd sneak under my pillow to listen to the Yankees was turned up a bit too loud and she'd hear it, knowing I was supposed to be sleeping on a school night.

Man, I can't believe how much I hate baseball at this point.

NFL starts on Sunday...so pumped.

Pics taken from Port City Jets fan club FB page.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

starting top left to right.

fabini, Mawae, Herman(I think)

Rasmussen, Moore, Bingham, DRob

Atkinson, not sure, Grantham

Clifton, farrier, Mo

Mehl, Jones, Wahoo McDaniel, Sweeney

Schmitt, Mott, Barton

Richardson, will guess Schroy, D'Amato(always had ads in old Jets programs for his car dealership)

Baird, Christy, Riggins, Dockery

Harper, Snell, Hasty

Johnson, Terminator, Jarrett

Leonhard, Joe, Hector, Ivory

Boozer, Cro, Brad Baxter

I remember.  Hell, even in the modern age we didn't get cable in Bensonhurst until well into the 90's.  My Dad says that is why Monday Night Football was so popular.  At halftime they would show highlights from all the games.

Loved Brad Baxter BTW...I think he was the first player I'd heard the term "pancake block" used for.

I have video of all the games from the 82 playoff run on.  Somewhere there is a clip of Brad "Hit & Run" Baxter picking up a blitzing Pat and knocking him out cold.  I think it was Chris Singleton.  I am looking for one of those Hit & Run" t-shirts.

LOL...my  mom used to yell at  me because the radio I'd sneak under my pillow to listen to the Yankees was turned up a bit too loud and she'd hear it, knowing I was supposed to be sleeping on a school night.

Man, I can't believe how much I hate baseball at this point.

NFL starts on Sunday...so pumped.

I had a denim covered 13" B&W Zenith.  It had a headphone jack with a small earbud.  Just one ear and a very strange contraption.  I watched the weekday games with a blanket over my head and the TV so that if they looked in my room it would be dark.  I remember running to hide because when Reggie hit the 2nd HR my Mom told my Dad to go wake me up to watch the rest.  I got to watch the 3rd HR on the glorious color 27" Magnavox console!

I remember.  Hell, even in the modern age we didn't get cable in Bensonhurst until well into the 90's.  My Dad says that is why Monday Night Football was so popular.  At halftime they would show highlights from all the games.

I have video of all the games from the 82 playoff run on.  Somewhere there is a clip of Brad "Hit & Run" Baxter picking up a blitzing Pat and knocking him out cold.  I think it was Chris Singleton.  I am looking for one of those Hit & Run" t-shirts.

I had a denim covered 13" B&W Zenith.  It had a headphone jack with a small earbud.  Just one ear and a very strange contraption.  I watched the weekday games with a blanket over my head and the TV so that if they looked in my room it would be dark.  I remember running to hide because when Reggie hit the 2nd HR my Mom told my Dad to go wake me up to watch the rest.  I got to watch the 3rd HR on the glorious color 27" Magnavox console!

I was 15 and was at the game. I sat in the right field bleachers.  

was a great experience. I remember not knowing if it was 2 or 3 HRs .....

For the majority of the 70's, my Jet fandom consisted of listening to Marty Glickman on the radio.

I was in the Scranton/Wilkes Barre market, and occasionally the jets would be the primary game in that market. Often times I would be rooting for another game to be a blow out, so that they would switch a game (competitive switch over).

Needless to say, when I built my house in the 90's, Directv was one of the first investments I made.

I have to admit, the jets were more fun when I did not get to watch them every week :(

I thought Farrior, but looks like he's lily white.

I don't think it is Farrior.  Parcells switched back to the old-school uniforms.  That was the later version of the modern uniform.  Maybe 90-98.  My first guess was Glenn Cadrez (who I always confused with Cascadden) but I don't think he wore 58.  I think Joe Kelly wore 58, but he was a hell of a lot darker than Farrior.

Upon further review, it has to be Farrior.  The only other guys to wear 58 in that era were Aubrey Beavers and Wilbur Marshall.  It's not them and Parcells did not change the unis right away.  Looking at pics from the era, it is Farrior.

Was Baxter playing as early as 82?  I thought he came along later than that.

I don't think it is Farrior.  Parcells switched back to the old-school uniforms.  That was the later version of the modern uniform.  Maybe 90-98.  My first guess was Glenn Cadrez (who I always confused with Cascadden) but I don't think he wore 58.  I think Joe Kelly wore 58, but he was a hell of a lot darker than Farrior.

It's definitely Farrior, from the Minnesota game 1997 after they stopped the 2 pt conversion w/ no time left that would have tied it.  they didn't change uni's until 1998

Was Baxter playing as early as 82?  I thought he came along later than that.

Sorry, Baxter came out in the late 80's.  I just meant I have video of all the games from 82 onward, even the Kotite era.  I think that I have every game Baxter ever played kicking around somewhere.

Wait til we get to single digits and we get a pic of Mike Adamlee. ?

Chris Farsopoulos?

Baxter came out in the late 80's.  I just meant I have video of all the games from 82 onward, even the Kotite era.  I think that I have every game Baxter ever played kicking around somewhere.

Chris Farsopoulos?

Yep...somebody pointed that out to me...my bad.

Baxter came out in the late 80's.  I just meant I have video of all the games from 82 onward, even the Kotite era.  I think that I have every game Baxter ever played kicking around somewhere.

Chris Farsopoulos?

do you have the '83 Jets vs. Bills game at Shea?  was my first game as a kid.

My dad has them all.  Assuming the video hasn't turned to dust it should be kicking around somewhere.  I have to convert them to digital, but it is about 1,000,000 on my to-do list.

Get me the tapes and I can take care of them. :)

I have most of them from say 81 on up. Some from the 70's. Still missing some from 1995 ugh.

My dad has them all.  Assuming the video hasn't turned to dust it should be kicking around somewhere.  I have to convert them to digital, but it is about 1,000,000 on my to-do list.

I have a ton of 80s games and ever game 1990-on.  my plan was to convert them but I just don't have the time either.

Upon further review, it has to be Farrior.  The only other guys to wear 58 in that era were Aubrey Beavers and Wilbur Marshall.  It's not them and Parcells did not change the unis right away.  Looking at pics from the era, it is Farrior.

Yeah He got darker as he got older. That said, he's really not a Jet, and doesn't belong. He had only one pretty good year with us.

Archived