Who should lead the chant next?

Maxman

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea but I am not allowed to post links to his blog :) - you know the site... Lol.. Give it a read in his "Ladder 42"

That was an awful read.  Here, I'll sum it up for everyone so they don't have to fall for the clickbait:

"I was a mascot, I quit, I carefully orchestrated an ask-back, players stroked me on Sunday, and anyone who doesn't like me is jealous."

S.O.E.  It's always someone else's fault.  "People beat me up in the bathroom!"  "The fans in the new stadium aren't passionate!"  "The Jets aren't good!".  Yeah, Ed.  How about you try this one on:  "No one ever cared about you or the stupid chant.  You were nothing more than helmet races for drunk adults.  You profited from the Jets and tried a grand exit to make even more money.  People from your generation are gone now.  The rest of us attend the games sober."

SAR I

That was an awful read.  Here, I'll sum it up for everyone so they don't have to fall for the clickbait:

"I was a mascot, I quit, I carefully orchestrated an ask-back, players stroked me on Sunday, and anyone who doesn't like me is jealous."

S.O.E.  It's always someone else's fault.  "People beat me up in the bathroom!"  "The fans in the new stadium aren't passionate!"  "The Jets aren't good!".  Yeah, Ed.  How about you try this one on:  "No one ever cared about you or the stupid chant.  You were nothing more than helmet races for drunk adults.  You profited from the Jets and tried a grand exit to make even more money.  People from your generation are gone now.  The rest of us attend the games sober."

SAR I

Sar - just let it go. There is no reason for you to personally attack Ed. Getting tired of going through this with you.

I know we don't see eye to eye on the topic. And we have given you a ton of rope here. There is just no reason to attack Ed personally with things that aren't true.

So, just let it go.

This thread is about who should lead the chant next. But it looks like that has been answered anyway with JetMan and the other guy that were introduced at the opener.

Sar - just let it go. There is no reason for you to personally attack Ed.

This thread is about who should lead the chant next. But it looks like that has been answered anyway with JetMan and the other guy that were introduced at the opener.

That's fair.

But if Ed un-retires, all bets are off.

SAR I

Hmmm, how about a player? A player scores, runs to the middle of the end zone, throws his hands up in the customary Jets chant leader fashion, and does the chant. No TD celebration, no leap into the stands, the player instead includes THE WHOLE STADIUM in his TD celebration.

Max, get word to B-Marsh and Ivory.

Just a thought.

Hmmm, how about a player? A player scores, runs to the middle of the end zone, throws his hands up in the customary Jets chant leader fashion, and does the chant. No TD celebration, no leap into the stands, the player instead includes THE WHOLE STADIUM in his TD celebration.

Max, get word to B-Marsh and Ivory.

Just a thought.

That would be hysterical. They would have to do it on the sideline. And hopefully we don't get any tight ends scoring TDs because they would probably be part of the extra point team.  LOL -- we have 10 guys on the field because Cumberland is leading the chant.

Edit that: Cumberland would never score. :)

That would be hysterical. They would have to do it on the sideline. And hopefully we don't get any tight ends scoring TDs because they would probably be part of the extra point team.  LOL -- we have 10 guys on the field because Cumberland is leading the chant.

Edit that: Cumberland would never score. :)

Honestly, kinda crazy that nobody has thought to even suggest that. It could be done right after a score instead of some stupid td celebration. How cool would it be for a team to "include the fans" in a td celebration.

I think I came up with an incredibly genius idea, lol.

Someone from the Jets has to be reading this, make it happen!

Honestly, kinda crazy that nobody has thought to even suggest that. It could be done right after a score instead of some stupid td celebration. How cool would it be for a team to "include the fans" in a td celebration.

I think I came up with an incredibly genius idea, lol.

Someone from the Jets has to be reading this, make it happen!

LOL. I think the Jets should just focus on more TDs. If they do that, the rest will work itself out.

Archived