observations

nico002

- we can't run the ball. We couldn't run it against Indy and we couldn't run it today. Part of the problem is rbs not hitting holes north to south with authority, part of it is a lack of push from our ol, part of it is defenses not respecting fitzes ability to throw deep

- fitz consistently underthrows balls deep, I don't think its a lack of arm strength, more a lack of accuracy

- Devin smith will be semi wasted on this team with firz

- the defense has started games slow against the browns and eagles, not sure what's up with that but they are playing tentatively early in games

- speaking of browns, this game could have been a mirror image of that one. The only difference is that we forced a redzone turnover and didn't turn it over in the red zone, in both games we came out flat and then basically dominated the game

it's circular reasoning.  the reason they can't run is b/c teams know fitz can't throw deep so they force the jets to beat them in the air.  if fitz could throw a decent deep ball he wouldn't have been on 6 teams.  he is what he is, a stop gap qb who can get you some wins but doesn't win you many games.  

it's circular reasoning.  the reason they can't run is b/c teams know fitz can't throw deep so they force the jets to beat them in the air.  if fitz could throw a decent deep ball he wouldn't have been on 6 teams.  he is what he is, a stop gap qb who can get you some wins but doesn't win you many games.  

... which is leaps and bounds better than Geno

... which is leaps and bounds better than Geno

the last 2 picks weren't terrible, one should have been a marshall completion.  the deep balls are the liability, but otherwise with decker there the offense clicked much better.  fitz is nothing more than a bridge to the next qb who likely isn't on the roster, but odds are geno wouldn't do much better based on history.

fitz is who he is, and he's definitely better with decker there.  the jets lost in the 1st half in every way possible, and i credit the coaching staff for fixing the defense in the 2nd half.  with decker and ivory next week hopefully they can beat the hapless dolphins and go into the bye at 3-1.  fitz is ok on the short and intermediate throws but the longer throws his decision making is poor and the throws are short.  the pick in the end zone to smith was particularly bad since smith had a chance to make the catch if the throw was longer.  

My observations were these.

The D line better stop reading all the glowing reports of how great they are and tackle somebody. Our usually tough Run D sucked. Just plain sucked.

A Pass rush is always a problem but except for a few hurries and one sack Bradford looked un-phased back there.

Can anyone tackle? That Special teams letdown killed us.

It's obvious we need Ivory and Deck. Good to see Kerley though. Cumberland 1 catch and 2 drops. Why is he on the roster?

Love Marshall but what the F was that?

Pryor takes the wrong angle and shoot through the wrong gap about 90% of the time

its a problem

Pryor isn't the problem, the problem is that we have one of the most talented defensive lines in the NFL and we are letting scrub runningbacks blast through and down the field.

My observations were these.

The D line better stop reading all the glowing reports of how great they are and tackle somebody. Our usually tough Run D sucked. Just plain sucked.

A Pass rush is always a problem but except for a few hurries and one sack Bradford looked un-phased back there.

Can anyone tackle? That Special teams letdown killed us.

It's obvious we need Ivory and Deck. Good to see Kerley though. Cumberland 1 catch and 2 drops. Why is he on the roster?

Love Marshall but what the F was that?

Think I actually watched the same game as you, one thing I will add  is that Devin Smith didn't look terrible I think he will be fun to watch when we have Decker back and teams are forced to leave him a bit more open.

Jets won't finish better than 8-8 with Fitzpatrick at QB. I hate to say it, but it looks like it's Geno time. In Fitzpatrick's defense the Jets played little D in the early going, and special teams put them into a 10-0 hole. A lot of us have drank the Kool Aid and thought the Jets would be somewhere near the AFC elite but I think not. Overrated all the way around, except at QB. 

Jets won't finish better than 8-8 with Fitzpatrick at QB. I hate to say it, but it looks like it's Geno time. In Fitzpatrick's defense the Jets played little D in the early going, and special teams put them into a 10-0 hole. A lot of us have drank the Kool Aid and thought the Jets would be somewhere near the AFC elite but I think not. Overrated all the way around, except at QB. 

the jets gave up a punt return td and a td b/c of a stupid lateral by marshall.  fitz wouldn't have had to mount such a huge comeback if the rest of the team didn't make all these bonehead mistakes.  fitz isn't farve, and he needs support from the entire team to win.  he's good enough to win, but not good enough to overcome 24-0 deficits.  it's only 1 loss, not an afc loss, on to miami!

Bonehead Award:

Brandon Marshall's lateral to an opposing team's facemask.  One of the worst plays I've ever seen.  Not as bad as Santonio tearing a Lisfranc and rolling the ball to the Patriots DB, not as bad as Desean Jackson flipping the ball backwards in celebration when he was scoring his first TD - but that B Marsh play was in tier 1B.

- I wanted Geno to start this game, I still want Geno to start.  Not because I love Geno but he's got upside.

- Fitzy has a dead arm, any ball downfield he has to chuck up as hard as he can making it impossible to actually try to place it out in front or over an outside shoulder - he's just trying to reach them.  Geno was the starter, got hurt, Fitzy is not playing well so let's go back to Geno and just see what he can do.

-Devin Smith needs to be more physical out there but he looks like an NFL player.  I'd love to see what Geno could do with this guy on deep routes.

-That Quinton Coples hands to the face penalty was so stupid.  Talk about anticlimatic.

-The offensive line's run blocking is not good, it's very concerning.

- I love what Revis does.

Bonehead Award:

Brandon Marshall's lateral to an opposing team's facemask.  One of the worst plays I've ever seen.  Not as bad as Santonio tearing a Lisfranc and rolling the ball to the Patriots DB, not as bad as Desean Jackson flipping the ball backwards in celebration when he was scoring his first TD - but that B Marsh play was in tier 1B.

- I wanted Geno to start this game, I still want Geno to start.  Not because I love Geno but he's got upside.

- Fitzy has a dead arm, any ball downfield he has to chuck up as hard as he can making it impossible to actually try to place it out in front or over an outside shoulder - he's just trying to reach them.  Geno was the starter, got hurt, Fitzy is not playing well so let's go back to Geno and just see what he can do.

-Devin Smith needs to be more physical out there but he looks like an NFL player.  I'd love to see what Geno could do with this guy on deep routes.

-That Quinton Coples hands to the face penalty was so stupid.  Talk about anticlimatic.

-The offensive line's run blocking is not good, it's very concerning.

- I love what Revis does.

I agree

Not good having a relatively competent QB on the field

We need to put in the lowest ranked turnover machine of 2013 and 2014 to fix things up RIGHT NOW

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Observation.

We played a bad game today.  A bad half actually.

And Jets fans are jumping off the ledge

I agree. It could have been worse...as in Ryan Tannehill or Colin Kaepernick

Speaking of Tannehill, I'm looking forward to heading to Heathrow on Thursday night to watch Fitzpatrick and the Jets take on the Dolphin Dumpster fire on Sunday at Wembley

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Archived