Jets Secondary on Worst run Since ’86

JetNation

The Jets are thin at both with Skrine and Cro both banged up. Yes, the Jets are thin at safety, but Bowles also said that Milliner had practiced there a bit. The fact he hasn't been activated at all says a ton. The fact they haven't committed to activating him this week says a ton.

Cro wasnt banged up going into the game.  He was injured late.  We had our two starting CB's and our starting nickel going into the game and on the field for the start of the game.  We had more players out a S, and had a CB paying S.  Would have made no sense for the FO to activate Milliner, we had the players out on the field along with Dex on the sideline.   

Cro wasnt banged up going into the game.  He was injured late.  We had our two starting CB's and our starting nickel going into the game and on the field for the start of the game.  We had more players out a S, and had a CB paying S.  Would have made no sense for the FO to activate Milliner, we had the players out on the field along with Dex on the sideline.   

If you don't think Cro hasn't been ailing all year, I've got a bridge to sell you.

I dont want to lose to REX but we made the Jaguars look like a contender.  Their mistakes are why we won as much as anything.

We are banged up and it shows.     Is there a spread Thursday ?  I imagine we are 3 point favs just for homefield.

This is the same Jags team that scored 27 pts against Rexy boy in the 2nd qtr in London. I dont think we should be worried about how we made them look considering they how badly they embarassed Buffalo. Jus sayin'

Cro has not played well on defense. The good news is that I think Bowles -despite almost certainly being 100% behind his signing after working with him in Arizona- is aware of it. Ordinarily, an $8M CB would be too valuable to use as a KOR. Bowles, though, seems to be looking to get some value out of that contract by putting him back there, not afraid of him getting hurt. He also had Cro on the sidelines on a couple critical downs yesterday. 

Hopefully there's an answer on the bench. Where's McDougle been? Maybe Milliner has been practicing well? They need some help. I agree with those who expect the Bills to throw the ball at the Jets, a lot, with Taylor's running ability being an added problem. 

What makes you believe that?  He's been terrible all season long.  Williams has clearly and obviously out played him every chance he's received.  The Raiders game was one of the worst performances I've ever seen from a corner in my life.  Anyone and everyone paying any attention, knew Hurns was going to go off vs. Cro.  Literally the laziest Football fan on the planet knew that was coming.  Yet, Bowles kept trotting him out there and only put him down in the 2nd half due to an "injury".  

And the art of the kick return is dead, so I'm not buying using Cro as a returner is an indication that Bowles isnt afraid of Cro getting injured.  90% of kickoffs arent returned (not sure if accurate fact but it sure feels that way). 

There is an answer on the bench.  ANYONE is better than Cro at this point.  That's how miserable he's been. 

If you don't think Cro hasn't been ailing all year, I've got a bridge to sell you.

If that's the case, then that's on the coaching staff.  Their is depth at corner.  No need to force an injured, sh*tty, washed up corner into action. 

Your boy Walls would be an upgrade at this point. 

Didn't Rex try that for a game? That whole era is starting to seem like a blur.

I don't think Cro has any catches, but he has played some snaps on offense.  I was half joking, but considering the alleged need to "take the top off" I would have expected them to try it.  The guy can catch and run and he was the self-proclaimed 2nd best WR on the team in 2012.  I guess he wouldn't provide anything more than Devin Smith, now that Smith is back (I saw him on punt cover, but not offense)

Cro still has some speed so why the hell cant he play closer to the line.  3rd and 7 or 3rd in one and he is so far off the line. Stop worrying about getting burned because you are getting burned on the double moves.

Revis....WR

Williams...WR

Cro..................................WR

because his technique sucks ...always has

He has always relied upon his athletic ability and his speed to cover his lack of technique and instincts. He's losing the battle with father time quickly.

This was my biggest concern with Cro coming back.  Wanted to believe they could get another year out of him but he relies so  heavily on speed that if he lost a fraction of a step, this is what they'd get.

Archived