Rex has a little Bellichick in him after all

nycdan

There's seems to be a lot pf hatred on this board for your former HC.  As I look back at our former HC, I can say that  I am happy he's gone and have no ill will.  His name is rarely mentioned on the Bills Mafia forum that has over 40,000 members.  

Ummm...

That's because your former head coach is not the current head coach of a division rival.

P.S. Rex deserves hate and shame.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ummm...

That's because your former head coach is not the current head coach of a division rival.

P.S. Rex deserves hate and shame.

I don't believe anyone deserves hate  and shame but that's just my opinion.  It's also my opinion that the reason behind all of the hatred towards Rex (here) goes beyond the fact that he's a division rival.  I really enjoy this forum but it's almost heartbreaking to read some of the comments made about Rex.  However,  I do realize that these words are all in the world of social media.  

I don't believe anyone deserves hurt and shame but that's just my opinion.

You will.

It's also my opinion that the reason behind all of the hatred towards Rex (here) goes beyond the fact that he's a division rival.

Yes, and you will soon learn.

I really enjoy this forum but it's almost heartbreaking to read some of the comments made about Rex.

No need to cry for Rex, he does it enough himself.

However,  I do realize that these words are all in the world of social media.  

Yeah... I'm sure that what's said on this site is a verbal blow-job compared to what's said in one's on home... or in the stadium bathroom... or in the parking lot... or in the car.

Ask anybody around here, I love Rex. Rex is ******* awesome. 

But if you believe Rex won't lose his job if the Bills lose their last 7 games you have a very loose grasp of reality.

To go from 5-4 and in control of your own destiny to 5-11 and sitting at home. Would you want that coach back?

Are you talking about the Bills or the Jets? 

There are those of us who are hanging in there.  - no different than these forums still people hanging in there on rex. 

We need to get Thurman out and get a DC that will call D schemes in the games   - I hope you realize that Thurman is si8mply a card board cut out for Rex, Rex runs the defense from top to bottom.

I still have trust in our front office to do the right thing. - Here is the problem, Rex is your front office, as soon as any ex jet pops up he is all over him, any clemson guy in the draft?  Rex is on it.  I feel sorry for Whalley.

Is this a bad thing? - Yes because he tells players they are hofers before they have played a snap,l hell he tells rookies this day one of camp.  Tell your vets who have accomplished stuff they are the best?  Fine, Tell every player ion the team they are the best?  No.  He treats them all the same and you can't do that.

Yes and No - He has a history of bad in game coaching, his challenge problem is tip of the ice burg, what you will find out in time is that you will never have time outs at the end of the game, usually because they are used up by his defense.

Agree - hope this will change - It won't, Rex does not change nor learn.  He actually fired Weeks at one point but brought him back the next year like his favorite teddy bear.  Rex likes the familiar more than he likes good coaches

I sincerely doubt it.  Whaley is pretty tough. - Rex has already trampled on Whalley, look at your teams moves, bring in every ex jet possible, draft clemson guys.  Whalley will be fired before Rex.

I think TT is a winner. - Same kind of winner that Sanchez and Geno smith were.  Why Rex with his love of defense never goes for the fitz like game manager I'll never know.

I will say I am disappointed.  Not ready to throw in the towel yet.  

With the big guarantees and the underachievement Rex needs your Bills to almost win out to save his cred with the fans.

So somebody would be fired for going 5-11 in their first year but not 6-10 

Well, if you took over a 9-win team and went 5-11 as opposed to taking over a 4-win team and going 6-10.....

One is an improvement, the other is making the team worse....

C.mon man, this isn't exactly rocket science. 

So somebody would be fired for going 5-11 in their first year but not 6-10 

If your team was 9-7 the year before and had one of the best defense in the league and was poised to make a playoff run vs a team coming off a lousy 4 win season then yeah it could happen.  It won't because both jets and bills coaches are in year one regardless.

With the big guarantees and the underachievement Rex needs your Bills to almost win out to save his cred with the fans.

Well the way our coaches have talked about JJ Watt all week,  I am not sure if they are preparing us for another loss or if they are just doing some lip sing to throw off the Texans.  However,  after listening to Ryan, et al post practice interviews,  I am not overly confident about a win this Sunday.

If your team was 9-7 the year before and had one of the best defense in the league and was poised to make a playoff run vs a team coming off a lousy 4 win season then yeah it could happen.  It won't because both jets and bills coaches are in year one regardless.

Beerfish:  How much of an affect do you think Rex's behavior on the sidelines has on the game?  Example:  When he freaks out,  do you think his actions has an affect on the players?  

Beerfish:  How much of an affect do you think Rex's behavior on the sidelines has on the game?  Example:  When he freaks out,  do you think his actions has an affect on the players?  

It reinforces the perception that there are no adults in charge of the team, and the players act accordingly. 

It reinforces the perception that there are no adults in charge of the team, and the players act accordingly. 

I get the impression that something   might have been said to him about his behavior.  The reason being is that there has  been times where I have seen him controlling himself in plays where he would generally go ballistic.  However,  his control is often short-lived. I often see coaches trying to contain him too.

I get the impression that something   might have been said to him about his behavior.  The reason being is that there has  been times where I have seen him controlling himself in plays where he would generally go ballistic.  However,  his control is often short-lived. I often see coaches trying to contain him too.

Jeanie, he is what he is. He's never going to change or improve. He's proud of his persona, he likes to be the anti-intellectual non-conformist dyslexic kid from the wrong side of the tracks. Your owner just gave him $35 million dollars because of that persona. The NFL Network and ESPN glad-hands him because of that persona. What you see now is what he was for us in 2009 though 2014, and he's what you'll have up there until the Pegulas are forced by fan outcry to fire him. Literally your only hope of winning anything with him would arrive in the form of a Drew Brees or Tony Romo getting bounced from their respective teams and finding one last paycheck in Buffalo. Outside of that highly unlikely scenario, you're doomed. I've seen your message boards. I've read your columnists. The jig is up for Rex already. The excuses--the same ones he wore out here--hold no credibility anymore. He conned the Pegulas when no one else would hire him. He'll get his money, embarrass your franchise, get fired, and he'll never be a head coach anywhere again. Baby, you were warned.

Jeanie, he is what he is. He's never going to change or improve. He's proud of his persona, he likes to be the anti-intellectual non-conformist dyslexic kid from the wrong side of the tracks. Your owner just gave him $35 million dollars because of that persona. The NFL Network and ESPN glad-hands him because of that persona. What you see now is what he was for us in 2009 though 2014, and he's what you'll have up there until the Pegulas are forced by fan outcry to fire him. Literally your only hope of winning anything with him would arrive in the form of a Drew Brees or Tony Romo getting bounced from their respective teams and finding one last paycheck in Buffalo. Outside of that highly unlikely scenario, you're doomed. I've seen your message boards. I've read your columnists. The jig is up for Rex already. The excuses--the same ones he wore out here--hold no credibility anymore. He conned the Pegulas when no one else would hire him. He'll get his money, embarrass your franchise, get fired, and he'll never be a head coach anywhere again. Baby, you were warned.

Tom,  as you know,  I am one of the fans who drank the kool-aid.  We've had more downs than ups this season. Very disappointing.    I still sit here and wonder how our defense could have played so well against the Patriots while coming up with a terrible season overall?  It leaves me with the impression that we study hard for certain games but no so much for others.  We have great defensive players. I really have no complaints about our offense.  Overall,  I think they've done a good job.  Usually by Wednesday,  I am excited and looking forward to the Sunday game.  Not so much anymore.  The excitement has turned into worry mode.   Pretty disappointing but will never give up on my team.

Tom,  as you know,  I am one of the fans who drank the kool-aid.  We've had more downs than ups this season. Very disappointing.    I still sit here and wonder how our defense could have played so well against the Patriots while coming up with a terrible season overall?  It leaves me with the impression that we study hard for certain games but no so much for others.  We have great defensive players. I really have no complaints about our offense.  Overall,  I think they've done a good job.  Usually by Wednesday,  I am excited and looking forward to the Sunday game.  Not so much anymore.  The excitement has turned into worry mode.   Pretty disappointing but will never give up on my team.

In the event of a zombie apocalypse, please know you'll always have a place in my New World Order, boo.

@jeaniec

That is the nicest way that T0m has ever summed up Rex. He must really think you're swell. And T0m's contempt for his fellow man knows no bounds, with Rex being at the forefront of that derision.

@jeaniec

That is the nicest way that T0m has ever summed up Rex. He must really think you're swell. And T0m's contempt for his fellow man knows no bounds, with Rex being at the forefront of that derision.

As Dumb as Rex is with his millions one has to wonder what the brilliant Tom Shane is worth??  :lol:

@jeaniec

Tom may think I'm swell but there's also a chance he feels sorry for me because I'm a Bills' fan ;-)

Depends, if he is mad at the refs no problem, if he called the defense and just watched the other team walkdown the field before half on his passive calls then yes it has an affect, not short term or one time but after he has done it a few times, especially when he has guys like Dareus and Williams dropping into coverage.  Another Rex trait, plays aggressive most of the game but falls asleep of goes into the shell at the end of a half or game.  A constant in his last years here, other teams marching it at will just before half or at end game.

Depends, if he is mad at the refs no problem, if he called the defense and just watched the other team walkdown the field before half on his passive calls then yes it has an affect, not short term or one time but after he has done it a few times, especially when he has guys like Dareus and Williams dropping into coverage.  Another Rex trait, plays aggressive most of the game but falls asleep of goes into the shell at the end of a half or game.  A constant in his last years here, other teams marching it at will just before half or at end game.

I have also  noticed  that we have fallen  asleep towards the end of the game.  In the beginning of the year,  it seemed like we came back strong in the second half if we had a poor first half.  I haven't seen this lately.  Someone mentioned on the Bills Mafia that Thurman said Mario Williams is a  cancer in the locker room.  I tried to see if I could find an article on the subject but came up short.  I listened to post practice interviews from Ryan, Roman and Thurman earlier. It seemed like all that talked about was JJ Watt.    I hope they have our team ready because it's not going to be easy.

Archived