Anyone going to Dallas?

AFJF

Any tips for tailgates or nightlife for Friday? 

No idea on tailgates. Most of that will probably be Cowboys fans.

As far as nightlife it depends on what you're after and how far you are willing to travel from where you might stay. "Dallas" is really Dallas on one side and Fort Worth on the other with Arlington wedged between.  Arlington has plenty of chain restaurants along the freeway by the stadium. I don't know that I would really call that nightlife. There are some college bars by the college (UTA) and a group of bars in south Arlington in the highlands. There's a bar (Fox and Hound) in north Arlington that is one of the few bars in DFW with a clump of Jets fans but I'm not sure it's a regular haunt for Jets fans outside of game time.

Otherwise you're going to Dallas or Fort Worth. In Fort Worth you probably want to hit west 7th for a younger but larger crowd. Downtown for a smaller but more varied crowd. In Dallas you'll either want Deep Ellum or uptown. If you're staying east or north of downtown Dallas other options are available.

rex-n-effect

Staying in Market Square which is a bit away form the stadium from what I understand. I would like to go to the JFK park Friday am, but after that, no real plans. Fox and Hound is around here, so I would probably go with something more authentic. Nightlife meaning a nice spot to grab a drink and hang out, not looking for the college experience again. 

rex-n-effect

Staying in Market Square which is a bit away form the stadium from what I understand. I would like to go to the JFK park Friday am, but after that, no real plans. Fox and Hound is around here, so I would probably go with something more authentic. Nightlife meaning a nice spot to grab a drink and hang out, not looking for the college experience again. 

Do you mean Market Center? If so, you're right it's not close to the stadium but you really don't need to be all that close. The highways won't be busy on Saturday night except maybe game traffic right by the stadium. If you're in Market Center your easiest place to find some nightlife would be McKinney Ave. in uptown. Not terribly upscale but not college dive bars either. Mostly bars but there are some clubs/lounges down there too. If you want something a little nicer then one of the hotel bars like Ghostbar (near the American Airlines Center) or the bar in Hotel Zaza might be more to your liking. If you have women among your crowd you can get into one of the higher end clubs on Main Street in Dallas but honestly I've never found them to be worth the douchiness trying to get in.

Forgot Dallas was a Saturday game...just found a flight that leaves Philly at 5:20 and gets in to Dallas at 10:30 with some cheap game tix on stubhub...seriously thinking about it.

pick me up some white pythons size 12 I pay you back when we meet for a brew in philly

Archived