A Decade Later; How does Mangini sit with you?

Paradis

Just now, drdetroit said:

Belichick would have had Al Groh's coaching career without Brady.

Patriot Way: luck into drafting the greatest qb ever at 199

he was actually on his way to a worse HC career, at least w/o Brady Groh had a winning record.  BB was a total failure as a HC w/o Brady.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

he was actually on his way to a worse HC career, at least w/o Brady Groh had a winning record.  BB was a total failure as a HC w/o Brady.

I'm sure he's considered the greatest head coach ever with Drew Bledsoe, Michael Bishop and Scott Zolak

14 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

I'm sure he's considered the greatest head coach ever with Drew Bledsoe, Michael Bishop and Scott Zolak

ha.   I do believe he has developed into a great HC but that's a chance he never gets if Brady doesn't save his career.

Belichick with Brady: 172-51

Belichick w/ all other starting QBs: 51-62

in 14 seasons w/ Brady he has 11 less losses than in 7 seasons w/ all other QBs.

For the most part I liked Mangini up until the point that Favre got hurt and both he and Bob Sutton totally lost their never and played the most passive defense I've seen in my years as a Jets fan.   He pissed a lot of people off but he for the most part achieved some good things such as being a total hard ass on penalties and discipline.  A polar opposite of Rex, boring and all about discipline.

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

For the most part I liked Mangini up until the point that Favre got hurt and both he and Bob Sutton totally lost their never and played the most passive defense I've seen in my years as a Jets fan.   He pissed a lot of people off but he for the most part achieved some good things such as being a total hard ass on penalties and discipline.  A polar opposite of Rex, boring and all about discipline.

He was an inept fool who acted like he was Beluchick.  Hope he finds his calling coaching high school 

On 1/18/2016 at 3:43 PM, #27TheDominator said:

Everything that I thought was good about him was disproven at his other stops. My initial feeling was that he did a good job establishing a "culture" and that the team was on the right track.  I thought he was a little too anal and used too many old school hard-ass tricks, push-ups, laps, Pete Kendall in the rookie dorms.  I was surprised that they went with Favre because IMO that rushed his timeline.  2007 was horrible, but I thought the QB injuries gave them a solid excuse and I figured they would trend upward, but Favre totally did not fit the team-first mentality and Mangini's credibility.  Since he has left the bullsh*t about reciting the names of the equipment managers and belittling memory tests at the combine came out and several players, including Revis, have commented how he sucked the fun out of the game. 

The biggest blunder was taking Vernon Gholston instead of Joe Flacco. If he takes the QB he is probably still the coach and the Jets may have ended the SB curse. Favre was a HUGE blunder, though I blame Tannenbaum for that fiasco more than Mangini. His second biggest problem was that he had no personality, you sometimes had to strain to even hear him. I think he tried to hard to imitate Belichick with the media. I thought he was potentially a very good HC but the whole Favre thing was too much for Woody to take. Back then Woody was a lot like Trump in the reality show The Apprentice, saying "your fired" to everybody except those who truly deserved it. Bradway and Tanny.

15 hours ago, Ex-Rex said:

The biggest blunder was taking Vernon Gholston instead of Joe Flacco. If he takes the QB he is probably still the coach and the Jets may have ended the SB curse. Favre was a HUGE blunder, though I blame Tannenbaum for that fiasco more than Mangini. His second biggest problem was that he had no personality, you sometimes had to strain to even hear him. I think he tried to hard to imitate Belichick with the media. I thought he was potentially a very good HC but the whole Favre thing was too much for Woody to take. Back then Woody was a lot like Trump in the reality show The Apprentice, saying "your fired" to everybody except those who truly deserved it. Bradway and Tanny.

The biggest blunder was implementing a 3-4 defense with Dewayne friggin Robertson trying to play nose and Vilma trying to be a gap filling ILB

That was so inept it was comical 

Archived