Smurfs Mafia - Game Thread

Gone

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Huh? I thought we were talking about Spoot.

Who are you talking about Verbal? 

You lost me, lol... I love playing mafia when I'm burnt out at work!!!! 

18 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:
1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Not really seeing much of a case on Verbal at the moment.  I think he's shown genuine frustration the last few posts while sitting at L-3.  He's being a bit of a b*tch about the pressure but I'm leaning town b*tch. 

27 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Is L-3 a thing now? Even in a game where 2 votes gets you there. *eye roll thingy*

lol, all you have to do to convince 80 you are town is make him giggle like the Pillsbury Hug Boy.

Careful on your journey, I tried to take this ring thingy I found back to where it was made, and got stuck with a CTgolluM.

24 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:
  • It wasn't just being L-3, he was also getting a lot of attention for a short period of time.  I dunno, seemed genuine.  I was learning town on him already so that's impacting my judgment there.
  • Yes, I'm easy to trick.
  • Throw him into lava.

What "a lot of attention"?

I voted him. Leelou got behind the Ape. I unvoted him, and voted her.

Then he came in and tried to argue with me, but didn't really say anything in his posts, and I just shrugged.

Did he give us reads? No. Did he take a position in an argument? No. He created a tangent that I resisted going off on with him. 

He didn't defend against anything, and especially not "a lot of attention".

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I was talking about Verbal being at L-3 and you thought I was talking about Spoot.  Miscommunication the rest of the way.  LOL.

Yea, that's on me. I'm exhausted.

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Basically, my read on VERBAL is that he showed genuine frustration.

My read on SPOOT is that he defended comfortably.  He'd have to be an ice cold killa to play that comfortably for his first scum game, IMO.

To this, I contend that everything I said about Spoot above not really needing to defend, applies. 

2 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

Brett is my strongest--and only solid--town read so far, based on two observations:

1. How he threw a joke vote onto me and quickly retracted it. I see that as purely a townie joke, trying to avoid a possible mislynch.

2. He seemed to be the most objective in the whole Hallia V Leelou/Verb thing.

The rest of my reads are based on my first impression; that Hallia, while not using the best logic, seems pretty innocent--at least compared to the rest of us. I've got zero meta on her, so I could be wrong, but I'm reading town on her so far. I agree that Leelou seemed to jump a little too high in reaction to Hallia's fos of her, and a couple of others (Ape and 80) seemed a bit eager to jump on Hallia, too.

I don't have much of a read on Verb, and in my "list" I have him one above 80, but they could just as easily switch places. I'm not quite as suspicious of 80 like I was when I first started going back to the beginning of the thread, which is why he's closer to the middle.

CTM has been mostly joking and prodding Ape with his boner, but he's thrown a few observations out there. He's not really being as vocal and involved like I've seen him in prior games, so I take that into account.

Not much of a read on JiF either, but I'm leaning town so far.

You mean when Leelou voted me immediately after I threw a joke vote on Verb?

Or when you voted me because I wasn't "new" anymore; which I took as either a reaction test, or trying to produce content?

I didn't take either of those votes seriously, which is why I responded with a joke. I was legitimately not worried. I'm not as easily flustered as some others here.

And I wasn't daring anyone to vote me. I was daring you to grill me like you do everyone else. I'm genuinely excited for that.

Again, it wasn't a feign, but okay Mr. Seer. If you say it enough it becomes true.

And yes, I haven't been very involved in the game so far, but I'm starting to now. I'm not denying that. It's been harder for me to get into it and form any opinion, and when I don't have any opinion, I either don't post or post only jokes. That's true in this forum and in the football forum.

Ape, you don't think he was defending here with these posts? 

Yes, he only had 1 vote on him...yours, briefly....but Leelou had voted him earlier, and CTM was also mentioning him as a place he'd be willing to vote before this point, as Spoot hadn't been providing content to that point.

11 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Ape, you don't think he was defending here with these posts? 

Yes, he only had 1 vote on him...yours, briefly....but Leelou had voted him earlier, and CTM was also mentioning him as a place he'd be willing to vote before this point, as Spoot hadn't been providing content to that point.

No, not really. 

I called him out for not posting anything game-related. He showed up, and in those 4 posts:

• Gave a high-level list of reads
  • Referenced some early-game votes that he didn't take seriously, which is sort of the point, it's like Hess... because he puts off an air of not taking it serious, he can fall back on "oh, that was a joke" as an excuse for everything
  • Makes a benign comment about wanting me to grill him
  • Suggests that I'm repeating something to make it stick

This is barely a defense, let alone a good one.

I'd argue that you, right now, are doing more to defending him, than he did himself. He didn't have real pressure, so he went through some motions and left again.

Free pass. IMO

10 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I'm using the evidence at hand to determine who the "towniest" players are, and voting the remainder.  I haven't defended Hallia, you, CTM, or the Ape.  Why do you think that is?

Ugh, you're such a clod.

This isn't "evidence" that you're trotting out. It is perspective.

You taking on everyone else's battles helps NOBODY. No matter how Ape-centric I can make a game, I do not fight other people's battles. I don't care if you think he's town. Let it play out. Two townies going after each other is usually THE best bait for scum.

Ay caramba, hijo de puta!!!!

12 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I'm using the evidence at hand to determine who the "towniest" players are, and voting the remainder.  I haven't defended Hallia, you, CTM, or the Ape.  Why do you think that is?

I dont know why you do what you do.  Nobody does.  Not even you.  

I really dont get the whole, let me determine who I think is town strategy, claim them town and vote from the rest.  I doesnt work for my style of scum hunting, which clearly works. Proof is in the pudding, etc.  From my perspective, the people that seem the most town, especially right out the gates are typically the ones I'm the most nervous about. Unless you know something I dont, I think defending a player this early doesnt make a ton of sense.  Let cases build.  Let people get pressured.  Let suspicions fly.  And let them defend themselves. 

2 hours ago, Verbal said:

I'd never leave the house.

No, I'm being frustrated.  Notice how I'm not fighting votes on me, but I'm fighting your POV of my play?  What does this tell you, given what I've said my thoughts on your alignment are?

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Oh, guys look... Verbal is telling us exactly why we should read him as town.

LOL, leave these observations for the rest of us to make and/or seek out from others. When you do it yourself, it looks terrible. 

18 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

5 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Ugh, you're such a clod.

You taking on everyone else's battles helps NOBODY. No matter how Ape-centric I can make a game, I do not fight other people's battles. I don't care if you think he's town. Let it play out. Two townies going after each other is usually THE best bait for scum.

Why is the red so different from the blue?  80 and I both did the same thing by asking the question on our motives and thought process......and you had very different reactions.

Why?

5 minutes ago, JiF said:

I really dont get the whole, let me determine who I think is town strategy, claim them town and vote from the rest.  I doesnt work for my style of scum hunting, which clearly works. Proof is in the pudding, etc.  From my perspective, the people that seem the most town, especially right out the gates are typically the ones I'm the most nervous about. Unless you know something I dont, I think defending a player this early doesnt make a ton of sense.  Let cases build.  Let people get pressured.  Let suspicions fly.  And let them defend themselves. 

You had me agreeing, until the bold.

Anyway, I generally agree. Defending people on D1 is stupid town play.

I get it if you don't want to vote certain people, but to outright take on other people's battles is ******* absurd. 

10 minutes ago, JiF said:

this is more town telly for the twink, but after i prodded him

10 minutes ago, Verbal said:

Why is the red so different from the blue?  80 and I both did the same thing by asking the question on our motives and thought process......and you had very different reactions.

Why?

Yours was about you, as in "why would I do this as scum?"

80's was "why haven't I defended X, Y, Z?", which only suggests that those are his scum suspects. He wasn't asking "why would I do this as scum?"

My reactions were different, because there's literally no relationship between the two posts, in my opinion. 

And no, I don't think I misinterpreted either of you.

To add, that dope used the term "evidence" wrongly. I took exception to that. His interpretation of events/comments is perspective, not evidence. Evidence is "dooshy mcdoosh hammered a townie". More of an actual, than a hypothetical.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:
  • It wasn't just being L-3, he was also getting a lot of attention for a short period of time.  I dunno, seemed genuine.  I was learning town on him already so that's impacting my judgment there.
  • Yes, I'm easy to trick.
  • Throw him into lava.

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

What "a lot of attention"?

I voted him. Leelou got behind the Ape. I unvoted him, and voted her.

Then he came in and tried to argue with me, but didn't really say anything in his posts, and I just shrugged.

Did he give us reads? No. Did he take a position in an argument? No. He created a tangent that I resisted going off on with him. 

He didn't defend against anything, and especially not "a lot of attention".

Ape, you seem to be talking about me, but I think 80 was referring to Verb in the bolded.

And as for your bolded. I did, and I did. If you'd take your eyes off your own penis every once and in a while, maybe you'd see that others make posts, too.

It was all in one post, because unlike you I only need one post to convey my thoughts. Succinctness. I don't need to constantly beat my own dick, but I understand you're mostly doing it for CTM's benefit.

Now this is a fvcking game!

1 minute ago, Spoot-Face said:

Ape, you seem to be talking about me, but I think 80 was referring to Verb in the bolded.

And as for your bolded. I did, and I did. If you'd take your eyes off your own penis every once and in a while, maybe you'd see that others make posts, too.

It was all in one post, because unlike you I only need one post to convey my thoughts. Succinctness. I don't need to constantly beat my own dick, but I understand you're mostly doing it for CTM's benefit.

This is the first time this game you've shown any backbone. 

It's one thing to throw a "my reads" post out there, but since you didn't really follow it up with any conviction, further thought or anything really... it needed to be challenged. It's good that you're willing to stand behind it. Helps improve the optics at least, because initially it looked like me calling you out for no game play, then you serving up a post about the game, and then you going back into joke/hiding. 

So... Who are you voting? and why?

39 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

No, not really. 

I called him out for not posting anything game-related. He showed up, and in those 4 posts:

• Gave a high-level list of reads
  • Referenced some early-game votes that he didn't take seriously, which is sort of the point, it's like Hess... because he puts off an air of not taking it serious, he can fall back on "oh, that was a joke" as an excuse for everything
  • Makes a benign comment about wanting me to grill him
  • Suggests that I'm repeating something to make it stick

This is barely a defense, let alone a good one.

I'd argue that you, right now, are doing more to defending him, than he did himself. He didn't have real pressure, so he went through some motions and left again.

Free pass. IMO

I left because nothing was going on and I decided to exercise, geyser-butt.

38 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Ugh, you're such a clod.

Dude, you just gave away your reaction test.

Weak.

17 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

If it's for my benefit i can't imagine what end, causes finger soreness scrolling through the tldr; vomit

7 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

This is the first time this game you've shown any backbone. 

It's one thing to throw a "my reads" post out there, but since you didn't really follow it up with any conviction, further thought or anything really... it needed to be challenged. It's good that you're willing to stand behind it. Helps improve the optics at least, because initially it looked like me calling you out for no game play, then you serving up a post about the game, and then you going back into joke/hiding. 

So... Who are you voting? and why?

Not voting anyone, although I'm sure you already knew that. Not quite ready yet as I don't want to mistakenly mislynch someone, and with it only taking 5 votes, there's not much room for error. I'm leaning either Verb (for seemingly taking some things way too seriously, a la Brett's "buddying" accusation) or Leelou (for seemingly overreacting to Hallia's fos).

Now, I'm not confident enough in any of my reads to make a play just yet. My suspicion of Leelou is built around my initial town lead on Hallia, though I could be wrong about Hallia, since this is the first time I've seen her posting.

I'm waiting to see where this goes, and if anything else jumps out at me.

Oh, there was also the time when Verb was seemingly trying to focus the spotlight on us.

Archived