Smurfs Mafia - Game Thread

Gone

39 minutes ago, StraightCash said:

The Leelou-Verbal meta angle is ringing true right now. You guys are making the same D1 vote and case. Self fulfilling prophecy?

That isn't the meta, though.  Don't talk about things that you have no clue about.

38 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Why am I mafia?  I had a chance to ninja hammer you and unvoted instead. 

Yeah, yeah, I just created a WIFOM, whatever. 

I was going to answer this, but Ape did below.

13 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

How are you going to "ninja hammer" someone if you're already voting them, which is the #1 requirement for you to be able to unvote her and then grandstand about it.

@Verbal - his unvote doesn't make him town, his other posts have a town lean, but the way he's grandstanding around the Hallia lynch, combined with how he "reaction test" voted me, feels like super-town exhibitionism. 

His unvote was just the icing on the cake for me thinking he's town.  I don't associate this level of derp from 80 as his scum play.  I know he's gotten better at it recently (finally better than Pac, who now has sole position of last place), but I don't see this coming from scum-80.

• Replies 1.5k
    • Created
    • Last Reply
    3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Just want Hallia to respond.  Which she still hasn't and is sitting and lurking, reading the thread but not posting.  She hasn't yet called me out as scum then randomly did so for no reason in particular.

This comes across as defensive.

If you think she's scum, they why does it matter to make such a big deal of her listing you as scum? 

I just don't get the logic here. She's the one at L1 or whatever, and you're sort of over-reacting to her FOS'ing you, by making contrived reaction tests?

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

If you think she's scum, they why does it matter to make such a big deal of her listing you as scum? 

I just don't get the logic here. She's the one at L1 or whatever, and you're sort of over-reacting to her FOS'ing you, by making contrived reaction tests?

Not for nothing, but you're really latching onto 80 here.  Why not let him play into it if you think he might be scum after all?

Just now, Integrity28 said:

Are you just trying to undermine his scum hunting, or are you scum hunting yourself? It looks like the former right now- and you are creating a narrative about his defensiveness

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I'm trying to determine whether I need to drop my vote back on her or move on elsewhere.  In other words, see if she'll throw any towntells out or seem consistently scummy.  I don't know whether she's scum or not.  I think she is.  But I'd like to hear more from her.  Hence my questions.  Which she still isn't responding to.

And you're not helping the situation by responding for her.

5 minutes ago, Verbal said:

That isn't the meta, though.  Don't talk about things that you have no clue about.

I was going to answer this, but Ape did below.

His unvote was just the icing on the cake for me thinking he's town.  I don't associate this level of derp from 80 as his scum play.  I know he's gotten better at it recently (finally better than Pac, who now has sole position of last place), but I don't see this coming from scum-80.

I follow. I agree too, his earlier posts rung as town - but sensible town. I just don't understand what he's doing right now, like in the past couple of hours. Regardless, I'm not as willing to chalk him up as a lock for town as you may be.

You, Brett and 80 had been the towniest feeling players. I know well enough to assume that at least one of the "clean" players is probably going to end up being scum. Not something I'd act on now, but later in the game, it's going to be something worth examining.

Not sure I'd vote any of the 3 of you today though... I'm not really feeling this Hallia lynch anymore either. 

I want to go back to my first instinct, Vote Spoot.

He's talked about diarrhea and posted funny pictures. He's feigned bravado in the face of being put at L2, but he hasn't peppered in any townie insights at all... which he did do last game. 

4 minutes ago, Verbal said:

Not for nothing, but you're really latching onto 80 here.  Why not let him play into it if you think he might be scum after all?

"really latching on", because he's been active over the past 2 pages by doing goofball sh*t, which affords me the chance to examine it???? 

3 minutes ago, StraightCash said:

Are you just trying to undermine his scum hunting, or are you scum hunting yourself? It looks like the former right now- and you are creating a narrative about his defensiveness

GFY, I'm looking at 80 the same way I did last game. After being on his team 2 games ago, I saw that he's capable of faking his derp as scum, so last game he had me waffling about it, and I'm waffling about it now. Until I recalibrate how I read him, it's going to happen. For now, I just don't want to let him slip through the cracks by being a derp.

Anyway, this is how I'd expect townies to react to my thinking out loud... so, I stand by not wanting to vote either of you today.

16 minutes ago, StraightCash said:

I feel like a lot of people are buddying me this game, which doesn't make sense because I am extremely unlikable. One of them must be scum

vote Verbal

Can you explain to me where you get the feeling I'm buddying you?

Reads list goes town to scum. 

80 - I think he may have finally learned something about playing the game, strongest town read. 

JiF - Getting a mostly townish vibe, I don't see anything coming from an agenda and I liked his response to CTM. 

Verbal - I'm going back and forth on you. I don't see what you are seeing about CTM. 
    Ape - Yeah, not reading you yet. You fool me too many times early game and I can't tell until it's too late. 

CTM - Overall, meh vibe, mostly from how you are handling JiF. 
    Brett - You don't seem to be playing the same as the last 2 games. I'm not really seeing twisting to try to shake out someone's alignment, you feel a bit more composed. Ever so slight scum read. 

Spoot - no insight like last game, all joking no real serious post to be found
    Hallia - pushing DM meta, weird vote on 80, not a good defense

Archived