OLB Darron Lee.... 2nd rd. perhaps?

32EBoozer

Matt BowenESPN Staff Writer 

bowen_matt_m.jpg

Ohio State LB Darron Lee (6-foot-1, 232 pounds) put on a show today.

4.43 40-yard dash, 11'1" broad jump and a 35" vertical jump.

Lee's skill set is a perfect fit for today's NFL.

He can play multiple spots as a rookie in both base and sub-package personnel.

Needs a full season to bulk up and get stronger, but if they're looking to upgrade team speed.... this kid brings it out of OSU

26 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

I see a position for him in the Jets defense in the Deone Buchannon role that is employed in Arizona.  The problem is, he's probably a 1st rounder or early 2nd rounder .

Would #20 be too high for him? Also, his fellow OSU linebacker Josh Perry looked pretty good. Where do you think Petty would rank if he were in this draft? 

1 hour ago, section314 said:

Would #20 be too high for him? Also, his fellow OSU linebacker Josh Perry looked pretty good. Where do you think Petty would rank if he were in this draft? 

It's my feeling that the Jets should trade down in the 1st round . If they can't, then with the way I see the draft falling, I would take the Bama RB at 20 .  As far as Petty goes, I hear all the talk from the Jets front office regarding him, but I get the feeling that he's not what the Fans think he is/will be QB wise at the NFL level.   I like QBs who are big, sturdy can get the ball down the field, have touch and can maneuver in the pocket .  I don't see that with Petty .  I really dislike the spread shotgun offenses they run in college because it doesn't prepare QBs for their next Job.

It's why my QB rankings look the way it does.

13 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Not if you put him next to Harris on the inside and let him use his speed . I think his best fit might be a 43 weakside linebacker.

That size is fine of a Derrick Brooks type size.   I was thinking more 3-4.   230 is small for an OLB, and everyone remembers Vilma being too small as a MLB.   Maybe if you put him next to Harris inside.   I'm asking more than anything.

Archived