Sanchez traded to Broncos!

pointman

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Stop, everyone knows that blindside fumble TD was not on Mark.  Ike Taylor blew through D'Bust like he was butter.

The Steelers destroyed our defense thoroughly in the first half, they had the ball forever, our offense couldn't get on the field or get in rhythm.  They took it easy on us in the second half just trying to avoid mistakes.  When Sanchez led us towards a comeback and got us within striking distance, Roethlisberger went right through the defense at will, just like in the first half.

SAR I

I don't disagree with you at all, Sanchez was put in a horrible spot by Schottenheimer, and a completely unblocked defender, but regardless, the defense was the reason we lost that game

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Fitzpatrick didn't lose the game in Buffalo.  He forced that endzone throw because, just like 2009 and 2010, the defense couldn't stop a cold, Buffalo had the ball forever, the D got us no field position on a windy day, and the offense couldn't get in rhythm.

The defense falls apart in big spots.  Our LB's can't cover and late in the season they stop tackling.  David Harris sucks.

SAR I

I don't disagree with you, but there was no reason to force the ball in THAT spot. he made a bad play, it happens, even good QBs make bad plays, it happens, if the team is good enough to overcome it, they win, the Jets as a team were terrible that day. Only Jet fans, who live in a fairy tale, solely blame QBs as though they are the only one on the team. Sadly, most Jets fans are clueless about football, which would be fine, but they are also incredibly vocal, and long suffering, which makes for a very bad combo.

3 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Defense plays poorly and it's their fault.  Sanchez stinks it up?  That's the defense's fault too.  Sounds legit.

The quarterback played well enough to win 2 AFC Championship Games.

The defense did not.

Oh, and let's not forget this little nugget:  The Jets offense was predicated on a power running game, not an Air Coryell passing game.  We were built through free agency and the draft to ground-and-pound the ball and suffocate opposing offenses.  When we did neither, it was on the QB to bail us out.  That 2010 season, Mark had executed 4 miracle 4th quarter comebacks after defensive failings (Houston, Cleveland, Denver, Detroit) turning a 7-9 season into 11-5 and then he played his ass off in the playoffs. 

He'd beaten Pittsburgh just a few weeks earlier, remember?  In a game where the D showed up, remember?  Sanchez didn't stink it up in Pittsburgh.  "CAN'T WAIT!" and his band of overconfident and hung-over fools did that all by themselves.

SAR I

9 minutes ago, Larz said:

If you can't get in rhythm in 10 plays, its not on the defense. this is how mark "clutch" sanchez started the game

• 1st and 10 at NYJ 27

(5:46 - 1st) M.Sanchez pass incomplete short right to D.Keller (C.Hampton). batted down near the line of scrimmage.

• 2nd and 10 at NYJ 27

(5:44 - 1st) L.Tomlinson right guard to NYJ 27 for no gain (J.Harrison).

• 3rd and 10 at NYJ 27

(5:05 - 1st) M.Sanchez pass short right to J.Cotchery to NYJ 41 for 14 yards (W.Gay)

• 1st and 10 at NYJ 41

(4:24 - 1st) #75 Turner reports as eligible receiver. M.Sanchez pass incomplete deep left to B.Edwards. PENALTY on PIT-R.Clark, Illegal Contact, 5 yards, enforced at NYJ 41 - No Play.

• 1st and 10 at NYJ 46

(4:17 - 1st) S.Greene right guard to NYJ 47 for 1 yard (E.Hood).

• 2nd and 9 at NYJ 47

(3:36 - 1st) M.Sanchez pass incomplete short right to S.Holmes. PENALTY on PIT-I.Taylor, Defensive Pass Interference, 10 yards, enforced at NYJ 47 - No Play.

• 1st and 10 at PIT 43

(3:31 - 1st) L.Tomlinson up the middle to PIT 42 for 1 yard (E.Hood; B.Keisel).

• 2nd and 14 at PIT 47

(2:24 - 1st) M.Sanchez pass incomplete short middle to B.Hartsock (L.Timmons)

• 3rd and 14 at PIT 47

(2:19 - 1st) M.Sanchez pass short left to J.Cotchery to PIT 44 for 3 yards (I.Taylor, J.Farrior)

• 4th and 11 at PIT 44

(1:51 - 1st) (Punt formation) S.Weatherford punts 31 yards to PIT 13, Center-T.Purdum, out of bounds.

OMG!!! A bad drive by the QB, your right, good QBs NEVER have bad drives, EVER! point taken

Just now, SAR I said:

The quarterback played well enough to win 2 AFC Championship Games.

The defense did not.

Oh, and let's not forget this little nugget:  The Jets offense was predicated on a power running game, not an Air Coryell passing game.  We were built through free agency and the draft to ground-and-pound the ball and suffocate opposing offenses.  When we did neither, it was on the QB to bail us out.  That 2010 season, Mark had executed 4 miracle 4th quarter comebacks after defensive failings (Houston, Cleveland, Denver, Detroit) turning a 7-9 season into 11-5 and then he played his ass off in the playoffs. 

He'd beaten Pittsburgh just a few weeks earlier, remember?  In a game where the D showed up, remember?  Sanchez didn't stink it up in Pittsburgh.  "CAN'T WAIT!" and his band of overconfident and hung-over fools did that all by themselves.

SAR I

Yes, because allowing 15 net points on the road isn't good enough to win.

We will never know how good Sanchez might have been because, for some reason, the Jets management team of Rex/Tanny did not supply a promising young QB with enough offensive skill position players.  While I cannot guarantee Sanchez would have been a quality starting QB, he did win 4 road playoff games in his first two seasons.  Thankfully the current management team understands that importance. 

Just now, BowlesMovement said:

I'm not sure how anyone watched that game and can say with a straight face the defense was good enough to win that game.

15 points....in a modern-day NFL football game.  If your QB isn't a steaming pile of garbage, you win that game 99 times out of 100.  How many games did the Jets lose that season when the defense gave up 10 points or fewer?  Three?  Four?  

Just now, JetsFanatic said:

We will never know how good Sanchez might have been because, for some reason, the Jets management team of Rex/Tanny did not supply a promising young QB with enough offensive skill position players.  While I cannot guarantee Sanchez would have been a quality starting QB, he did win 4 road playoff games in his first two seasons.  Thankfully the current management team understands that importance. 

He did get screwed by the FO eventually, but he sure as hell didn't help himself by consistently throwing the ball at double/triple covered receivers, or guys who were completely blanketed one-on-one.

I wonder why such a fantastic, young, clutch, big-game QB can't find a starting gig, but Fitz and Brian Hoyer can.

5 minutes ago, AFJF said:

15 points....in a modern-day NFL football game.  If your QB isn't a steaming pile of garbage, you win that game 99 times out of 100.  How many games did the Jets lose that season when the defense gave up 10 points or fewer?  Three?  Four?  

Again, if the Steelers did not shut it down, it would have been 30. had they made a stop, the offense was tying the game

8 minutes ago, AFJF said:

He did get screwed by the FO eventually, but he sure as hell didn't help himself by consistently throwing the ball at double/triple covered receivers, or guys who were completely blanketed one-on-one.

I wonder why such a fantastic, young, clutch, big-game QB can't find a starting gig, but Fitz and Brian Hoyer can.

and the murder balls.  he got so many guys destroyed.  and the balls batted down at ther LOS or thrown into a linemans belly.

well, rolling to his right withe a wide open target he was pretty good

9 minutes ago, AFJF said:

This is not a blind endorsement of Sanchez, his turnovers drove me nuts!!! But it's not often a young QB is able to win 4 road playoff games.  The smart move by management would have been to give the kid every chance to succeed. 

Again, if the Steelers did not shut it down, it would have been 30. had they made a stop, the offense was tying the game

The Steelers "shutting it down" is your own personal belief that can not be proven one way or another.

I can just as easily say the Steelers did in fact shut it down because they knew who the Jets had at QB, therefore no need for any additional points.  They saw a scared young kid, backed the defense of a little bit to let him throw up some garbage time numbers, and only dialed it up when they needed a stop and they got it.

The way teams score in the NFL nowadays, nobody is going to "shut it down" with 30 minutes to go, being up by a few scores.  Unless you know for an absolute fact that the opposing QB is garbage, you keep your foot on the pedal and put up points or risk blowing a huge lead in the playoffs and getting fired.

Just now, JetsFanatic said:

This is not a blind endorsement of Sanchez, his turnovers drove me nuts!!! But it's not often a young QB is able to win 4 road playoff games.  The smart move by management would have been to give the kid every chance to succeed. 

Agreed...he had a himself a good playoff game against the Pats, and did enough to not lose a few others.  Jets just won 10 games with Fitz despite having a worse defense and running game than Sanchez was blessed with.  

1 minute ago, JetsFanatic said:

This is not a blind endorsement of Sanchez, his turnovers drove me nuts!!! But it's not often a young QB is able to win 4 road playoff games.  the smart move by management would have been to give the kid every chance to succeed. 

stop it !   you just made me remember this !!!!

4 hours ago, AFJF said:

Yes, because allowing 15 net points on the road isn't good enough to win.

Nice try.  "Net points".  The Steelers offense scored 17 uncontested points by the 2 minute warning against an atrocious defense that apparently was in love with itself after the big win in New England.  If the Steelers actually felt like they had to score more, they would have.  In fact, as soon as their rope-a-dope clock killing strategy started to soften, Roethlisberger again went through our D like a knife through warm butter, getting 3rd down conversion after 3rd down conversion, ending the game.

Blame Mark Sanchez!  It's what all you Rex Ryan apologists do.

SAR I

17 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Nice try.  "Net points".  The Steelers offense scored 17 uncontested points by the 2 minute warning against an atrocious defense that apparently was in love with itself after the big win in New England.  If the Steelers actually felt like they had to score more, they would have.  In fact, as soon as their rope-a-dope clock killing strategy started to soften, Roethlisberger again went through our D like a knife through warm butter, getting 3rd down conversion after 3rd down conversion, ending the game.

Blame Mark Sanchez!  It's what all you Rex Ryan apologists do.

SAR I

punt

punt

punt

fumble

rex ?

12 hours ago, AFJF said:

The Steelers "shutting it down" is your own personal belief that can not be proven one way or another.

I can just as easily say the Steelers did in fact shut it down because they knew who the Jets had at QB, therefore no need for any additional points.  They saw a scared young kid, backed the defense of a little bit to let him throw up some garbage time numbers, and only dialed it up when they needed a stop and they got it.

The way teams score in the NFL nowadays, nobody is going to "shut it down" with 30 minutes to go, being up by a few scores.  Unless you know for an absolute fact that the opposing QB is garbage, you keep your foot on the pedal and put up points or risk blowing a huge lead in the playoffs and getting fired.

Sanchez had not been garbage the entire playoffs, so not sure why the steelers playing for the SB would assume that.

The Jets started stacking 9 in the box, and the steelers kept running, that is shutting it down.

The second the d needed a stop, the steelers marched right down the field and ended the game.

No one player lost that game, it was a team loss with plenty of blame to go around, but it's easier to blame he QB, so that's what jets fans do

1 hour ago, AFJF said:

Rex, Schotty, Bart Scott...anyone but Sanchez was to blame.

It's funny, the whole offense fails, blame Sanchez, the defense fails, blame Sanchez, the team wins, credit Rex and give zero credit to Sanchez.....

Sanchez did PLENTY wrong, and I have no desire to sit and defend him, but to absolve the rest of the team, is as silly as absolving the rest of the team this year against the Bills and laying all the blame on Fitz, which many Jet fans do.

12 hours ago, AFJF said:

How many games did the Jets win in 10 when the defense gave up in the high 20's or even 30's? 

Sanchez had not been garbage the entire playoffs, so not sure why the steelers playing for the SB would assume that.

The Jets started stacking 9 in the box, and the steelers kept running, that is shutting it down.

The second the d needed a stop, the steelers marched right down the field and ended the game.

No one player lost that game, it was a team loss with plenty of blame to go around, but it's easier to blame he QB, so that's what jets fans do

So the Steelers offense took the day off, but the defense was still told to play hard.  Gotcha.

1 minute ago, BowlesMovement said:

How many games did the Jets win in 10 when the defense gave up in the high 20's or even 30's? 

Look at how low we set the bar for this guy.  How many games did we win when the opponent scored 20 whole points?  Hilarious.  20 points in this era is another day at the office.  It just seems like an incredible number of points if you thought Mark Sanchez was a good QB.

1 minute ago, AFJF said:

Look at how low we set the bar for this guy.  How many games did we win when the opponent scored 20 whole points?  Hilarious.  20 points in this era is another day at the office.  It just seems like an incredible number of points if you thought Mark Sanchez was a good QB.

I said high 20's, based on the stats in the NFL, there is a big difference between 20 and huh 20's. Sanchez should not have even been a starting NFL QB in 10, he should have been a rookie sitting and watching,  but he did plenty of good as well as plenty of bad in 10, same with the defense. To ignore that is not being fair, but that's your prerogative.

I said high 20's, based on the stats in the NFL, there is a big difference between 20 and huh 20's. Sanchez should not have even been a starting NFL QB in 10, he should have been a rookie sitting and watching,  but he did plenty of good as well as plenty of bad in 10, same with the defense. To ignore that is not being fair, but that's your prerogative.

I looked it up for you.  The answer is 1.  They won 1 game that season in which the opponent scored in the high 20's.  They lost three games in which the defense allowed 10 points or less.  0-3 when allowing ten points or less.  Sanchez was a stud.

12 hours ago, Larz said:

stop it !   you just made me remember this !!!!

For a little while I thought the Boston fans were cheering that the jets won because they would get us (who they stomped on a few weeks prior) instead of Peyton.  Basically a free ride to the AFC CG.  

1 minute ago, AFJF said:

I looked it up for you.  The answer is 1.  They won 1 game that season in which the opponent scored in the high 20's.  They lost three games in which the defense allowed 10 points or less.  0-3 when allowing ten points or less.  Sanchez was a stud.

Ok, you win, Sanchez lost the steelers game, defense was amazing and should have been playing the pac next week, 100% Sanchez fault, nobody else.

And I NEVER said anything even remotely close to Sanchez was a stud, but there is a HUGE range between steaming pile of dog crap and stud. But as usual, Jets fans love to live in a binary world of extremes.

I guess we have to wait out this Fitzpatrick, kaepernick, and Draft situation to play out but, I believe, mark Sanchez can start and succeed in Kubiaks offense. Sanchez is still very very good with his hands and feet executing play action fakes. Pair that with Kubiaks offense which, I believe, is the best running game/blocking scheme around and you just might have a recipe for success.

All that's left is a big "if"....IF Kubiak and Sanchez can limit Marks poor throwing decisions.

Archived