Empire State Mafia: Game Thread

Jetsfan80

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Calder said:

Page 1-25 Thoughts:

Leelou & Ape - Come off great. Not scum. No way no how.

Hess - Like him for now. 

No penis - Scum lean

Bare bones stuff you may say. Then post more quality sh*t!

Just hours in to being registered here and he has a scum lean on the guy he's replacing. Fantastic.

29 minutes ago, StraightCash said:

Yeah... I don't know how much any of this really matters-- but I doubt it, Pac came and made that post right before the day started. The only action 80 was waiting on was a No PSL replacement, so it's most likely that the short on Pac was already submitted before Hallia subbed in.

Again though, not sure how much it really matters at this point.

Hallia replaced in before day ended, so the person submitted during the day phase? 

28 minutes ago, Calder said:

In fact. Just play with each other (or yourselves - no judgements) until I am done. 

I can't. :( They lynched the one I have fun with and Nyn is modding. 

53 minutes ago, Calder said:

First impression: a hotness list of Celebs - of course they will be attractive.

Reads list: 2 make the cut. And wtf with DJ Qualls?

I wanted to see if he was reading the list or not. LOL 

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Wait, aren't you replacing No Penis?

Don't see why I shouldn't give an honest assessment.

My mind is straight spinning in that I am 30 pages in and somehow No Penis was not drawing votes for lol catting at Leelou. She gets annoyed, for obvious reasons, and some spin it as frustration. Frustration has a negative connotation that I think scum were going for with that description. Who the hell thinks No Penis is the one making the good points. It isn't No Penis if your town.

Just now, Leelou said:

Hallia replaced in before day ended, so the person submitted during the day phase? 

I can't. :( They lynched the one I have fun with and Nyn is modding. 

I wanted to see if he was reading the list or not. LOL 

You're right, I got confused with Hallia/Pac and Calder/No PSL

Not sure what you guys are waiting for... in every single game this season where Brett has been town, he has fixated on thinking I'm scum, been defensive and OMGUS as **** every time I pluck at him, and been an absolute train-wreck of a townie... now, all of a sudden, he's not OMGUS to me voting him, not defensive, not argumentative but instead measured in his responses to me... 

Dudes, Brett is teh scum. 

Just now, Integrity28 said:

Not sure what you guys are waiting for... in every single game this season where Brett has been town, he has fixated on thinking I'm scum, been defensive and OMGUS as **** every time I pluck at him, and been an absolute train-wreck of a townie... now, all of a sudden, he's not OMGUS to me voting him, not defensive, not argumentative but instead measured in his responses to me... 

You're vote on me was stupid and I responded to you about how stupid it was. What else do you want me to say?

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

This is extra dumb. Fixated on thinking your scum? I think I've played 3 games and you have been scum twice. it's no me being fixated on you, I've been right! Don't try and spin that as me just have an obsession with you, I can just read your scum plays like a book.

34 minutes ago, StraightCash said:

Yeah... I don't know how much any of this really matters-- but I doubt it, Pac came and made that post right before the day started. The only action 80 was waiting on was a No PSL replacement, so it's most likely that the short on Pac was already submitted before Hallia subbed in.

Again though, not sure how much it really matters at this point.

Steering us off of a theory. ^^^^

3 minutes ago, Leelou said:

Leelou catches him in passing of false pretenses.

2 minutes ago, StraightCash said:

You're right, I got confused with Hallia/Pac and Calder/No PSL

Backpedalling.

I'd sort of shrug this off, except for the fact that if you couple it with Brett's opening post to this day phase, it was yet another steering post that tried to pass off false pretenses... and he's not scum hunting, he's steering. Another example of that is how he was egging on heat for JIF with comments like "JIF can't be this obvious, can he". 

2 minutes ago, StraightCash said:

This is extra dumb. Fixated on thinking your scum? I think I've played 3 games and you have been scum twice. it's no me being fixated on you, I've been right! Don't try and spin that as me just have an obsession with you, I can just read your scum plays like a book.

Well, now you're lying to boot.

He can "read my scum play like a book" except he's called me scum in every game this season... and I've been town in most of them.

11 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I just gave a reason. Pac subbing out creates a wifom. If the vig is required to shoot, and can't holster, then shooting Pac is a fairly safe assumptive play... removes wifom, and you have to figure he doesn't skip the entire D1 as cop. Right?

Why aren't you assuming the more obvious there's a SK. Mirror makes more sense than vig too.

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Steering us off of a theory. ^^^^

Leelou catches him in passing of false pretenses.

Backpedalling.

I'd sort of shrug this off, except for the fact that if you couple it with Brett's opening post to this day phase, it was yet another steering post that tried to pass off false pretenses... and he's not scum hunting, he's steering. Another example of that is how he was egging on heat for JIF with comments like "JIF can't be this obvious, can he". 

Alright, I was going to let Leelou's correction go by, but since you are trying to use it again me... I was right. 

Hallia did replace Pac in D1, but the supposed post you think that the Vig used against Pac didn't happen until last night... Well into N1. I was right, you and Leelou were wrong.

1 minute ago, HessStation said:

Why aren't you assuming the more obvious there's a SK. Mirror makes more sense than vig too.

The question that was asked was "why would a vig do...", so I answered in the context of what might motivate a vig. I know, and assume everyone else knows, that we have to consider it could be an SK as well. Nobody asked me about SK motives though. 

Well, now you're lying to boot.

He can "read my scum play like a book" except he's called me scum in every game this season... and I've been town in most of them.

Daredevil - you were scum

Ocean mafia - Ended D1

Smurfs - you were scum

Pussy power - I can't remember on this one

If you don't count Ocean Mafia since it couldn't even get through 1 day, I am completely spot on

1 minute ago, StraightCash said:

Alright, I was going to let Leelou's correction go by, but since you are trying to use it again me... I was right. 

Hallia did replace Pac in D1, but the supposed post you think that the Vig used against Pac didn't happen until last night... Well into N1. I was right, you and Leelou were wrong.

You, Ape, AVM, CTM I'm not following any of you on this timing thing with Hallia and Pac and what it has to do with anything.

On 3/25/2016 at 9:50 AM, Leelou said:

Then you can add this post to that too, I guess. 

Brett
Ape

Hess
Verbal
deckerfan

JiF
CTM
Crusher

No psls

Pac

Ballin
AVM

Spoot
Lily

First list that got posted. Right as it looks like things are starting to swing to Verbal.

Orange list is solid. Except Spoot doesn't belong on it (would move to nulls). 3/4 agreement with page 1-35 content. 

Greens are decent. No crazy outliers. Decker and Brett feel high, but no horrible issue. Would have expected her to have Jif in the greens over Decker. Swap that and it makes more sense.

You, Ape, AVM, CTM I'm not following any of you on this timing thing with Hallia and Pac and what it has to do with anything.

I think it has nothing to do with anything... I said that in my initial post. I'm not sure how Ape is using my dismissal of it against me

The question that was asked was "why would a vig do...", so I answered in the context of what might motivate a vig. I know, and assume everyone else knows, that we have to consider it could be an SK as well. Nobody asked me about SK motives though. 

Everybody's been carrying on about a stupid assumption for quite a long time now. FOS the game.

3 minutes ago, StraightCash said:

Kill still wouldn't be able to be put in on Pac, Hallia was already in that spot. 

Just now, StraightCash said:

Spoot is my best bet for scum, but Ape is climbing. He is making a ton of flawed arguments against me to lead a lynch on me... Which he has done to me twice as scum in recent games.

My only hesitation is that I think he exposed Spoot at the end of D1

Yet you're not voting Spoot? This feels like tentative scum play, you're casting Spoot scum thing yet don't really want to stick out as the third/swing vote.

7 minutes ago, HessStation said:

ugh.. of course those two make sense.  All i was saying is that Ape presented a theory that puts vig back in as a possibility. I didn't see any possibility of it being a vig after thinking about why a vig might target hallia for a bit

Just now, StraightCash said:

Then that disproves Apes stupid, pointless theory.

Not really, a vig could have been debating who to kill and saw Pac's post after he was replaced. Put together with Hallia's few posts it could be a possibility. I think it goes a bit against the spirit of the game though, both Pac's post and reading into anything he has said past replacement. 

8 minutes ago, StraightCash said:

Daredevil - you were scum

Ocean mafia - Ended D1

Smurfs - you were scum

Pussy power - I can't remember on this one

If you don't count Ocean Mafia since it couldn't even get through 1 day, I am completely spot on

yes, i remember it this way as well. Although I thought Ape was original scum in pussy power.

ugh

Just now, CTM said:

yes, i remember it this way as well. Although I thought Ape was original scum in pussy power.

ugh

Yeah you are right, He got lynched after the fake Doc claim.

So I have played 4 games with Ape-- 1 he was town where the whole game ended on D1, and 3 where he was Scum. Yet he says my meta is off because I always fixate on him when he is town?

Just now, HessStation said:

Yet you're not voting Spoot? This feels like tentative scum play, you're casting Spoot scum thing yet don't really want to stick out as the third/swing vote.

So to answer your question @Spoot-Face

1. My 1 year old thinks he can walk right off the couch and chairs and I'll miraculously catch him every time, so really didn't have time 

2. To test reactions, especially Brett's who's prob my first choice

3. Your post after Verb's death about me being on him the hardest D1 felt forced like there was a discussion about it and someone had to set it up for d2, and you're probably my second choice

...my reasons

9 minutes ago, StraightCash said:

Except it's not my theory that Pac's post is why a vig shot at him. I said that post is when I decided it was obvious he was scum. I didn't shoot him. I was asked why a vig would shoot at Pac, and my theory was that it removes the wifom of whether or not Pac would want to sub-out as scum. That would be town vig motivation to shoot him, if the vig can't holster. 

You used the timing thing to suggest it doesn't matter, but you misrepresented it. Unless the beers are getting to me, I'm not sure anyone is actually making the case that Pac's single post is why he got shot. If I suggested that in my ramblings, well, then it's because I've been on single dad duty all week (wife has the flu) and I'm drinking now.

6 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Me neither.

To be clear, here are my theories on the subject of Pac's death...

SK would shoot Pac because he had like 3 posts, it's the least informative death.

Vig would shoot Pac to remove the wifom of whehteror not Pac would sub-out as scum.

Alternative ways he could have ended up dead are from roles like morror. 

I don't belive Pac was shot because of his "what did I miss" post, I just cited that as the moment when I myself realized he was scum using RL to hide. I may be grandstanding a bit to take credit for a hunch too (I emailed 80 a list of my D1 suspects for bragging rights).

So to answer your question @Spoot-Face

1. My 1 year old thinks he can walk right off the couch and chairs and I'll miraculously catch him every time, so really didn't have time 

2. To test reactions, especially Brett's who's prob my first choice

3. Your post after Verb's death about me being on him the hardest D1 felt forced like there was a discussion about it and someone had to set it up for d2, and you're probably my second choice

...my reasons

Why haven't you corrected your statement? I am voting Spoot, I voted him out of the gate D2. Why are you throwing shade at me on something you are wrong about

1 hour ago, StraightCash said:

That one was a fastball down the middle. Even No PSL could have hit a triple on it

No.  He would have posted a picture of an elderly lady in a wheelchair with a dog sitting on her lap chewing flesh off her face.  Posting underneath it " LouLou and Puppy at the movies."

Archived