Empire State Mafia: Game Thread

Jetsfan80

Just now, Integrity28 said:

I'm scum hunting, you dipsh*t. You've got several people here, Hess standing out most, making comments about how "if not for the Mason thing, I'd vote Lily", except all his energy is going towards helping bail Brett out of the argument. That's curious to me, so I'm pressing a bit to see if I can figure out why.

Game is moving. You aren't at the center of it. I guess that's a problem?

lol.. no but it's become a focal point of both Brett and your case on one another and it seems silly. Trying to infer what lilly was really thinking is above all of our pay grades ;)

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

It's important semantics though, because he's using it to defend himself... duh.

He tried to make two arguments. One was she lied about not thinking him scummy all game, which I thought was a bigger red flag. That's sorta got disproved by that vote being a reaction test. Whether is was or not, she still didn't actively look at him as scummy with game content. So in that sense, she wasn't lying. 

The second part, her actual reasoning for voting him is super scummy imo. But whatevs.

10 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I'm participating. I'm not "on edge", I'm trying to arrive at the right decision here.

And yes, you are both painting what she said with a different meaning. Maybe you're both stupid, I dunno... but the concept of thinking someone is scum because of how clean they've played is not new. That, I believe, is all she meant. Brett, then you, are running with it as though she said "I don't think Brett is scum, vote Brett". That's just now what I'm looking at.

I think Lily is more suspect for getting behind the ape with that vote, than she is for "voting someone she thinks is town" as you dopes are saying. She's basically echoing the weakest part of my case on Brett, and letting me do the heavy lifting here.

7 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

It's less about defending, more about me taking a position... I don't believe she meant what she said, the way you guys are interpreting it. Part of my case is that he's been playing too clean, and I believe she is echoing that. It's a semantics thing, and I don't believe the way Brett is defending against her is valid. Just my opinion. 

So other people are interpreting Lily's words by their content, and it sounds like you are interpreting them by applying your own logic to them.

That doesn't sound very logical.

Judge people by their actual words, not by what you think those words might mean, unless that person clarifies it. Lily has not clarified it. She has not said "I think Brett may be too clean, so I'm voting him". Perhaps that's what she meant, but that's an assumption.

I shall henceforth call this "gaming the interpretation".

Just now, CTM said:

lol.. no but it's become a focal point of both Brett and your case on one another and it seems silly. Trying to infer what lilly was really thinking is above all of our pay grades ;)

eh, my case is in the posts I bumped... to me, something like Lily's comment is worth a bit of debate to see who aligns where. Like I said, I'm scum hunting. 

1 minute ago, Spoot-Face said:

So other people are interpreting Lily's words by their content, and it sounds like you are interpreting them by applying your own logic to them.

That doesn't sound very logical.

Judge people by their actual words, not by what you think those words might mean, unless that person clarifies it. Lily has not clarified it. She has not said "I think Brett may be too clean, so I'm voting him". Perhaps that's what she meant, but that's an assumption.

I shall henceforth call this "gaming the interpretation".

I know what I'm doing, putz. I am glad to see some assertiveness from you though... very glad!!!! 

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

eh, my case is in the posts I bumped... to me, something like Lily's comment is worth a bit of debate to see who aligns where. Like I said, I'm scum hunting. 

lol, yet it's a bigger focal point then him saying you and lilly are scum mates.. which seems like a way more noteworthy thing but i dunno

1 minute ago, CTM said:

lol, yet it's a bigger focal point then him saying you and lilly are scum mates.. which seems like a way more noteworthy thing but i dunno

Just in the last page or so, mostly because it actually has Hess taking a position and I've said for YEARS I have a horrible time reading him... so sorry, I'm trying to use what the game gives me to break him down a bit.

I'll go back to wall flowering it, whatever.

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I know what I'm doing, putz. I am glad to see some assertiveness from you though... very glad!!!! 

+1 one for putz. My favorite "clean" insult.

My mafia confidence is growing just a tad. It has it's ups and downs.

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Just in the last page or so, mostly because it actually has Hess taking a position and I've said for YEARS I have a horrible time reading him... so sorry, I'm trying to use what the game gives me to break him down a bit.

haha, don't be a baby.. the whole thing seems like a giant null tell is my point

7 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

i am trying to figure out why it's this topic you are discussing and i'm the one pointing out you pushed still lynching lilly day 1 post mason claim... Part of me is wondering if you didn't bring up for fear of hearing wifom..

1 hour ago, StraightCash said:

I just want to point out that Lily has a vote on me, because she is reading me as town. She is not reading me as scum, but she still wants to lynch me.

Please just let that sink in

Are you making a career out of lying? I have a vote on you because of what Ape said. It made sense. I'll quote it for you. 

1 hour ago, StraightCash said:

1. Went back to check, she flipped and said it was a 'reaction test'-- never a joke vote

2. Look at the quote above. She says she does not see me as scummy. Try and figure that one out

It was my first horribad attempt at a reaction test. It was not a joke vote. Thanks for looking. 

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

I wouldn't call it a war. I'd call it predictable.

I voted him on D1, he took the chill route. I vote him again now, and add the Brett OMGUS's me when town and he's not doing it angle to my case, and as I could have predicted.... he goes OMGUS.

Tell me, seriously, if you think he's been playing his townie game. Calm, cool, collected... after 4 games of being a hot, illogical, paranoid mess. Tell me.

This is why I'm voting you. You are not acting like town Brett. Since I haven't seen your scum game since you got back, I'm going to assume that this is it, until you give me a reason to think otherwise. So far, nothing. 

42 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I'm participating. I'm not "on edge", I'm trying to arrive at the right decision here.

And yes, you are both painting what she said with a different meaning. Maybe you're both stupid, I dunno... but the concept of thinking someone is scum because of how clean they've played is not new. That, I believe, is all she meant. Brett, then you, are running with it as though she said "I don't think Brett is scum, vote Brett". That's just now what I'm looking at.

I think Lily is more suspect for getting behind the ape with that vote, than she is for "voting someone she thinks is town" as you dopes are saying. She's basically echoing the weakest part of my case on Brett, and letting me do the heavy lifting here.

I was waiting for you to say that. What took you so long?

1 hour ago, Spoot-Face said:

Isn't this called "gaming the mod" or something of the like? Speculating if the mod went "off-script", so to speak, instead of just taking everything at face value?

You are right here, but it's equally gaming the mod to say it would be "bastard mod" to call them Mason's but have alignment be scum.

I just think it shouldn't be assumed that all 4 mason claims are vetted town, especially with how scummy Lily is

1 minute ago, StraightCash said:

You are right here, but it's equally gaming the mod to say it would be "bastard mod" to call them Mason's but have alignment be scum.

I just think it shouldn't be assumed that all 4 mason claims are vetted town, especially with how scummy Lily is

So you think that one (I guess then two) of them are lying?

That would be pretty ballsy.

1 hour ago, CTM said:

ugh.. i just re read all that mess and am not sure what to make of it.

@Integrity28 .. I'm not getting your point on Brett, you have been scum almost every game, so him being on you then and not now as a scum tell doesn't make sense. I'd say this point would be better made at him coming after me, who he's hounded almost every game and i haven't been scum

@StraightCash Where does decker fit into this ape and lilly scum team thing. trying to tie lilly to ape is kinda throwing me for a loop here and seems flaily. Lilly worded a vote scummily and tripped over her own day 1, this isn't a surprise

In that theory, Decker would be town as is unknowingly aligned with scum.

I get its a little more far fetched than how confidently I stated it-- but it had just read a lot like how Jif and Ape over extended to lynch me in Smurfs. I also don't think it should be assumed that all 4 Mason's are town.

I just think Ape is scum, and I think Lily is scum. Lily is playing really scummy, and I'm just not willing to write her off based on her claim with Decker. 

Brett, you're trying way too hard to sell your narrative. Mason is a town role. 80 is not a bastard mod, as far as I know. Our QT says that we are both town. Decker can vouch for that. 

One of you or Ape is scum. I think it's you. Your flailing isn't sitting well. Stop gaming the mod and play the game. 

1 minute ago, Lily said:

That's not called Masons, that's called Neighbors. 

I don't need an education on what the terminology means from you. Go read my post about gaming the mod. It's whatever the **** he wants it to be.

Maybe he saw what a sh*t show Nolders use of the term "neighbors" caused in Ocean and wanted to avoid it. Or maybe I'm wrong. But quit assuming 

8 minutes ago, StraightCash said:

At least one, the other Mason (aka Decker) might not know Lily is scum. 

As far as I know, Mason is exclusively a town role.

Can anyone here recall there ever being a non-town Mason in the history of JetNation Mafia?

Unless you are proposing a neighbor scenario.

1 minute ago, StraightCash said:

I don't need an education on what the terminology means from you. Go read my post about gaming the mod. It's whatever the **** he wants it to be.

Maybe he saw what a sh*t show Nolders use of the term "neighbors" caused in Ocean and wanted to avoid it. Or maybe I'm wrong. But quit assuming 

Okay, yeah, town or not, you need some pressure.

vote Brett

Archived