Empire State Mafia: Game Thread

Jetsfan80

1 minute ago, Calder said:

Couldn't a third scenario in this instance be vanilla scum offering himself up for PR teammatea, instead of being a bomb?

well yes that was my intial thought, but we know brett is scum and brett tried to take out spoot before dying. If spoot was some kind of powerful pr why would he do that?

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, CTM said:

ape.. what does crusher give us that jif doesn't?

To me, it resolves my concerns about why you've been fear-mongering about Crusher being the bomb. It also removes Crusher from an endgame scenario if he is in fact a bomb. 

I fully agree that both of these clowns is hitting scum tells. Crusher's on D2 when I opened with a Brett vote was like him professing his scum to me. He thought I was the cop after that vote. I'm telling you.

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Who should we lynch first, Spoot, Crusher or JIF, and why?

I still don't recall (and haven't seen on the semi re-reads) JiF ever really offering himself up like Crush.  Crush seems perfectly willing to off himself or JiF, but the most intriguing part of Crush I think was his aggressiveness with you as you pointed out.  Was very un-Crush like.  Spoot I want to believe but if there is ANY scum in his QT and it's not him it basically nullifies his PR -- JiF or Crush would have the option of all out avoiding whoever he watches OR set up a nice bussing play, as could have been the case with Brett. 

Talking through it that way and having seen the Crush/Brett posts...I think I recall Crush even calling Brett vetted at one point? need to check...I think I'm actually switching to Crusher.

4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

JIF, Crusher and I all commented on Pac's death after the fact. For the record.

excuse me, i said it's scummy when unprompted and trying to set a narrative about why it was done which would lead to who. 

ie. so and so was likely killed because of x leading to y

I am responding to jif and crusher's assertion that Calder's post was a classic scum tell by saying that Brett's fits that mold more than calders and jif didn't pay it any mind

5 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Usually, yes. I can only remember one game where I think the bomb got to choose which person on their train blew up... usually it's the hammer.

Why do I have a feeling someone is going to pop in and show it was an 80 game :rl:

To me, it resolves my concerns about why you've been fear-mongering about Crusher being the bomb. It also removes Crusher from an endgame scenario if he is in fact a bomb. 

I fully agree that both of these clowns is hitting scum tells. Crusher's on D2 when I opened with a Brett vote was like him professing his scum to me. He thought I was the cop after that vote. I'm telling you.

If jif is scum, spoot and then crusher in order. There would be no bomb fear.

Anyway, i just realized that brett could've fingered spoot never expecting it to gain any traction which puts back on the table for me that spoot could be scum PR

Actually...fwiw...I think that was the game Vic and I co-modded years ago.  I remember massive pushback about something, that may have been it.

Regardless, it hasn't been the case in a long long time and that's for a reason.  Don't feel this is the same as mixed masons.

14 minutes ago, AVM said:

FWIW, yeah...I do think it was the other way around like you cleared up.  Brett claimed he saw you and as such the three of you considered Brett somewhat vetted at the time

I remember the meta bit...and that Brett was the first to scoff at a new meta, when it was clear to everyone that you were playing differently.  The "I think he thought I'm cop" bit doesn't help much though, nothing concrete to really look at.  I do recall in the past you saying that Crush reads you particularly well and "tries to reel you in" at times as town?  Or am I mixing that up?

Crush definitely has seemed off and the bomb threat does seem odd...

So you're thinking:

JiF as scum on split team
All 3 as scum
All 3 as town

No other options?

I don't think there is a scenario in which they're both...I know you mentioned different scum teams, but with basically one (or two? I can't remember) NK's at this point that seems kind of unlikely.  Even if it were, I don't think you can put one town in a QT with two scum teammates, so it would have to be a 1v1v1 thing...and I imagine if that were the case JiF/Crush would have legitimately turned on each other and not been this willing to roll over.

This is correct. Crusher knows my town tells very, very well... and has regularly tried to help me avoid spinning in circles, when he's confident we're both town.

I opened the day with an unexplained vote on Brett. Brett was scum. This is the type of thing that ALWAYS elicits a panicky reaction from the scum team about whether or not the voter just guessed right, or is the cop with a guilty. I bumped a lot of posts last night. Brett specifically poked around why I was voting him instead of following my "exposing of Spoot" case from D1. He was role-fishing. Crusher did the same thing, he made up a case about how me hitting my town meta made me scum. If that caught on, then I get run up to reveal. Scum wanted to know if I'm the cop or not. I wish I was, because this sh*t would be over by now. 

Regardless, I spooked them. That's my theory.

10 minutes ago, CTM said:

excuse me, i said it's scummy when unprompted and trying to set a narrative about why it was done which would lead to who. 

ie. so and so was likely killed because of x leading to y

I am responding to jif and crusher's assertion that Calder's post was a classic scum tell by saying that Brett's fits that mold more than calders and jif didn't pay it any mind

Gotcha.

Just now, Integrity28 said:

This is correct. Crusher knows my town tells very, very well... and has regularly tried to help me avoid spinning in circles, when he's confident we're both town.

I opened the day with an unexplained vote on Brett. Brett was scum. This is the type of thing that ALWAYS elicits a panicky reaction from the scum team about whether or not the voter just guessed right, or is the cop with a guilty. I bumped a lot of posts last night. Brett specifically poked around why I was voting him instead of following my "exposing of Spoot" case from D1. He was role-fishing. Crusher did the same thing, he made up a case about how me hitting my town meta made me scum. If that caught on, then I get run up to reveal. Scum wanted to know if I'm the cop or not. I wish I was, because this sh*t would be over by now. 

Regardless, I spooked them. That's my theory.

did you bump crushers role fishing? or should i go look

13 minutes ago, CTM said:

actually.. brett could've been attempting to distance and didn't expect spoot to fumble it so badly.

i take that back

I've already said this. Yes.

12 minutes ago, AVM said:

I still don't recall (and haven't seen on the semi re-reads) JiF ever really offering himself up like Crush.  Crush seems perfectly willing to off himself or JiF, but the most intriguing part of Crush I think was his aggressiveness with you as you pointed out.  Was very un-Crush like.  Spoot I want to believe but if there is ANY scum in his QT and it's not him it basically nullifies his PR -- JiF or Crush would have the option of all out avoiding whoever he watches OR set up a nice bussing play, as could have been the case with Brett. 

Talking through it that way and having seen the Crush/Brett posts...I think I recall Crush even calling Brett vetted at one point? need to check...I think I'm actually switching to Crusher.

Please check. That would be valuable.

9 minutes ago, CTM said:

If jif is scum, spoot and then crusher in order. There would be no bomb fear.

Anyway, i just realized that brett could've fingered spoot never expecting it to gain any traction which puts back on the table for me that spoot could be scum PR

Wait, I thought you said that JIF could be the one scum in their mason group. So, if we do lynch JIF first and he flips scum, this sets up two mislynches of Spoot and Crusher, no?

This is a ******* mess.

haha, i've spent the last 5 days talking to about 7 different lawyers about lawsuits the owners of my company are firing around at each other.  I just realized some of that speech is becoming part of how I speak now, like leading a response to something i feel was a misscharacterization off with "excuse me". Next i'll be starting with "respectfully"

4 minutes ago, CTM said:

did you bump crushers role fishing? or should i go look

Brett role-fished. Crusher tried to get me run up on town meta = me scum, so I'd have to reveal my role. That's what I meant, and yes, I bumped a lot of that sh*t last night.

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Wait, I thought you said that JIF could be the one scum in their mason group. So, if we do lynch JIF first and he flips scum, this sets up two mislynches of Spoot and Crusher, no?

This is a ******* mess.

No..obv if we lynch jif and he's scum we lynch spoot/crusher next. If he's town we stop there .. dumbass

imo, all 3 are scum but on the off chance it's a mixed team, i think Jif is the outlier

Brett role-fished. Crusher tried to get me run up on town meta = me scum, so I'd have to reveal my role. That's what I meant, and yes, I bumped a lot of that sh*t last night.

ok, yes i know, i just didn't see any role fishing from crusher

27 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

This doesn't strike me as townish. For starters, I was no distraction on D1. On D2 I opened by voting and tearing down Brett, who was scum. You came at me when I voted Brett. Right now, I'm weighing out the scenarios we've been presented with. I haven't engaged in any unnecessary arguments. Brett is the only person I bickered with, and I proved right.

Actually, the only true distraction in the game right now is the horrific play from you, JIF and Spoot.

Circumstantial. 80 made us a three person  Mason town team.  He gave one of us a PR. JIF is in a 3rd World country chasing the perfect wave and has not been able to be in th Qt since he left.Spoot and I 100% screwed up his role.  That I will own. But throw in the fact 80 has a history of using the term Mason wrong from past games we really had very little chance of not becoming the epi center of this game.  Add him putting in another two person Mason team and Imsurprised it's gone as well as it did. So shove a veiny banana in your trap and realize it's game mechanics that put us in this mess.  

Just now, The Crusher said:

Circumstantial. 80 made us a three person  Mason town team.  He gave one of us a PR. JIF is in a 3rd World country chasing the perfect wave and has not been able to be in th Qt since he left.Spoot and I 100% screwed up his role.  That I will own. But throw in the fact 80 has a history of using the term Mason wrong from past games we really had very little chance of not becoming the epi center of this game.  Add him putting in another two person Mason team and Imsurprised it's gone as well as it did. So shove a veiny banana in your trap and realize it's game mechanics that put us in this mess.  

lol @ veiny banana.

On 3/31/2016 at 4:24 PM, JiF said:

I'm starting to lean toward lynching Lily.

At least Brett's claim is vetted.  

If Lily is town, Brett's probably scum.  Or vice versa.  Obvi

On 3/31/2016 at 5:04 PM, JiF said:

Brett is vetted.  You're not. 

Was wrong -- wasn't Crush, it was JiF

vote JiF

7 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

This is a ******* mess.

See my last post -- wasn't Crusher, it was JiF.  Said so twice in arguing with Lily.

I read from a couple pages before Lily's reveal to the point where JiF said Brett was vetted the second time.  Need to review from daybreak to see if Crush did as well, but those points are the ones I was thinking of they just belonged to JiF.  Have meetings now, will continue looking after lunch.

25 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I thought you where s cop?  No thought you were a sk like everyone else.  

5 minutes ago, CTM said:

No..obv if we lynch jif and he's scum we lynch spoot/crusher next. If he's town we stop there .. dumbass

imo, all 3 are scum but on the off chance it's a mixed team, i think Jif is the outlier

I agree with you on this, as I've said. I've just got it stuck in my craw that you fear-mongered Crusher being a 2-ton megabomb that is going to wipe out multiple townies for sinister reasons... I mean, surely you can understand why someone might distrust your motives for saying that?

2 minutes ago, CTM said:

ok, yes i know, i just didn't see any role fishing from crusher

That's why I clarified, he tried to use a bogus case to get my role out. I'm a Vanilla Magilla though... so **** 'em. 

25 minutes ago, AVM said:

I called Brett vetted?  Don't think so.  Maybe but don't recall that. 

Just now, Integrity28 said:

I agree with you on this, as I've said. I've just got it stuck in my craw that you fear-mongered Crusher being a 2-ton megabomb that is going to wipe out multiple townies for sinister reasons... I mean, surely you can understand why someone might distrust your motives for saying that?

fair.. 

6 minutes ago, CTM said:

ok? So can we atleast agree that we should hedge our bets and leave spoot alive to probably watch a dead player tonight? lol

Yes, there's no reason to lynch spoot tonight

6 minutes ago, AVM said:

Was wrong -- wasn't Crush, it was JiF

vote JiF

Excellent.

4 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I thought you where s cop?  No thought you were a sk like everyone else.  

Pretty sure that the only people that called me SK were you and JIF, maybe Brett did??? 

Archived