Jets' Plan JMcC: Inquired about TRADING for Brown's McCown

Gas2No99

3 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

I think if you wait till after he is cut it will actually help us with our Fitz negotiations if we haven't already given up on that. I don't think many teams really have interest in either player to be their starter at this point and if the Broncos sign one the other likely wont have a chance at starting anywhere other than with us. I think Mac is doing the right thing taking his time signing a QB though as opposed to over paying one.

Only problem with this is, he might not be cut. Inexpensive, Veteran backup to RG3. Browns can hold onto him through camp...doesn't help Jets.

I think if you're moving on /o Fitz then sign FA Hoyer(for incentive laden/non-guaranteed deal), and let Geno/Petty/Hoyer and Draft pick fight it out.

The loser of Geno/Hoyer gets cut.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On March 24, 2016 at 6:45 PM, RoadFan said:

Apparently, too many of you didn't watch McClown play in Tampa with V-Jax and Evans.

McCown sucks.

It doesn't matter who you're throwing too if your OL can't block. They gave up 52 sacks in 2014 and were 29th in rushing. Mccown is a decent backup talent on par with Fitzpatrick 

13 hours ago, cant wait said:

It doesn't matter who you're throwing too if your OL can't block. They gave up 52 sacks in 2014 and were 29th in rushing. Mccown is a decent backup talent on par with Fitzpatrick 

I disagree. He has never played in 16 games in a season. He just has never shown for a full season that he can do it.

Fitz at least had glimpses. I don't think Fitz is the long term answer and I don't want him back if the Jets have to go anywhere near 10 million for him next season.

But I think Fitz is heads and tails about McCown.

13 hours ago, Maxman said:

I disagree. He has never played in 16 games in a season. He just has never shown for a full season that he can do it.

Fitz at least had glimpses. I don't think Fitz is the long term answer and I don't want him back if the Jets have to go anywhere near 10 million for him next season.

But I think Fitz is heads and tails about McCown.

People lost their minds when Fitz came in last season because he'd never been to the playoffs and never won more than six games in a season, yet the same people are clamoring for a guy who is older and has started 57 games in 13 seasons, an average of 4 starts per year.  Sounds legit.

4 hours ago, AFJF said:

People lost their minds when Fitz came in last season because he'd never been to the playoffs and never won more than six games in a season, yet the same people are clamoring for a guy who is older and has started 57 games in 13 seasons, an average of 4 starts per year.  Sounds legit.

I think it's because he will cost less than half of Fitz, not because he's better. 

Only other reason I can think of is, because he's worse, Bowles will be less likely to stick with him longer. 

We're not getting to (or winning) a Super Bowl with either one, though. 

4 hours ago, AFJF said:

Yeah these guys aren't even close. If McCown comes here it is to back up Geno. That is it.

On March 24, 2016 at 2:29 PM, Beerfish said:

Nothing ever turns out for the Browns so we all know they would end up with the 32nd pick in the draft next year.  Unless the Jets get it docked for cheating.

No one is so stupid that they would lose their first because they were caught cheating.

On March 26, 2016 at 11:43 AM, cant wait said:

Might be more relevant if the jets didn't give up the fewest or lose to the fewest sacks in 2015, had the AFCs number on rusher, and a top running attack.  

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Might be more relevant if the jets didn't give up the fewest or lose to the fewest sacks in 2015, had the AFCs number on rusher, and a top running attack.  

And a defense with the fourth most takeaways in the league

Archived