A quick, 'Oh no! We have traded Mo' mock..

Beerfish

Jets trade Mo Wilkerson to the Bears, in exchange the teams swap 1st rounders (11 & 20) the Bears also give the Jets a 3rd and 5th rounder.

1 (11) Ronnie Stanley - OT - Notre Dame

2 (51) Shillique Calhoun - OLB - MSU

3 (72) Nick Martin  - C - Notre Dame

3 (83) Xavien Howard - CB - Baylor

4 (119) Leonte Caroo - WR - Rutgers

5 (151) Brandon Allen - QB Arkansas

5 (158) James Cowser - OLB - Southern Utah

7 (240) Wendell Smallwood - RB - West Virginia

As much as I love the idea of trying to shore up some of our OT concerns in the 1st round this year, any trade involving Wilkerson that doesn't end up with us getting a QB seems like a waste of time really.  Might as well keep Wilkerson, try to negotiate a deal with him over the course of the season, and take the best available OT at 20.  Decker would be my guy in that case.

Unless of course we also land Chicago's 2017 first rounder (unlike the hypothetical you presented) in the deal also, in which case my point is moot.

I do understand what you are saying but in the scenario we are trading Mo.  If they can't sign him now and don't think they can sign him during the year here is a chance to get some value for him  (whether it is good enough value or not would be up for debate).

37 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Jets trade Mo Wilkerson to the Bears, in exchange the teams swap 1st rounders (11 & 20) the Bears also give the Jets a 3rd and 5th rounder.

Ronnie Stanley would probably be the BPA on many a board at 11 and happens to fill a need for the Jets .

the pick of Calhoun I can't see being the BPA, and honestly doesn't fit the jets scheme IMO

Nick Martin probably doesn't get out of the 2nd, but I would absolutely love that pick .

can't complain about taking a CB  in this draft when we need 1

Not in love with the Arkansas QB, so that's that .

I think Cowser is more 43 DE than 34 OLB, but that's just me .

If it's me, I spend my 7th round pick on a lineman with upside potential, on either side of the ball . 

I like the trade , so overall, nice work .

Anyone else think that we're honestly okay with starting Qvale (6'7, 315) at either tackle spot? 

He was a LT at Nebraska blocking for Ameer Abdullah, so he has the whole: size, production, and corn-fed whiteboy thing going for him. 

If we're legit cool with him at RT, and we draft a LT at #11 (Stanley, or, Conklin), I could see us trying to move D'Brick on draft day for another #2, or #3 once the FOUR startable draft-tackles dry up. (Tunsil, Stanley, Conklin, Decker). 

With that cap space we could entertain some decent talent remaining in free agency. AND add another high draft pick to the mix. 

19 hours ago, Beerfish said:

If we did this, I would trade that second 3rd or a 4th to Tampa and give Glennon a try.  But I LOVE the first three picks.  This would make both Ferguson and Mangold expendable over the next two years.  Helps in cap space AND get younger at two positions we are long in the tooth in.

18 hours ago, Greenseed4 said:

Anyone else think that we're honestly okay with starting Qvale (6'7, 315) at either tackle spot? 

He was a LT at Nebraska blocking for Ameer Abdullah, so he has the whole: size, production, and corn-fed whiteboy thing going for him. 

If we're legit cool with him at RT, and we draft a LT at #11 (Stanley, or, Conklin), I could see us trying to move D'Brick on draft day for another #2, or #3 once the FOUR startable draft-tackles dry up. (Tunsil, Stanley, Conklin, Decker). 

With that cap space we could entertain some decent talent remaining in free agency. AND add another high draft pick to the mix. 

I don't see Qvale being any where near ready for LT at this point, but am going to be very disappointed if he doesn't replace Breno.  In all honesty I'm disappointed   Giacomini hasn't been released already to free up some cap space. Qvale looked like he could play last year in camp.

Can't see anyone assuming that salary for D'Brick in a trade

Archived