Can the Jets steal the Draft or...........

jetsjets

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I don't see it as bad.  

The average Fan is a mouth-breathing ignoramus who simply vomits up whatever ESPN tells them.  They tend to use phrases like "Revis Island" and cheer when over the hill post-injury CB's are signed for 16 million a year.

No, he had a horrific game where he was burned by a 2-bit JAG QB all day long, at every moment when our vauntd D needed to make a vital stop.

Guess I hold my 16 million Franchise CB to a different production standard int he big moment than my JAG castoff QB playing without any running game.

Which is why locking up so much cap on his was foolish and short sighted.  

Really??  Do you not see how arrogant that statement is?   You really need to get off your high horse or soap box or whatever the hell you are standing on and come back to us "average fans".   Some of us really do know how to think for ourselves.

You want to put the Buffalo loss squarely on Revis' shoulders be my guest.  You act like Sammy Watkins is some scrub, well he isn't.  We had plenty of opportunities to win that game, just like we did the previous Buffalo game and choked big time.  It was a TOTAL TEAM EFFORT.  To put all the blame for that loss or losses on Revis is really silly.    I get your point that it would have been better to sign Mo last year, then give that money to Revis and I won't even disagree with you in hindsight, however, he came up big for us a lot of games last year was a big part of the improved play of our secondary.   

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Warfish said:

I do.  Give 16 mil/year to an old, slow CB who can't cover even vs. an average QB, who costs us a playoff berth, and whatever is left can go to the other players.

Now youre desperate.

Or drinking

14 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

Really??  Do you not see how arrogant that statement is?

And?

You really need to get off your high horse or soap box or whatever the hell you are standing on and come back to us "average fans".

No, I don't actually.  I do not embrace mediocrity, in thinking, or by the Jets.

Some of us really do know how to think for ourselves.

And no one is stopping you from doing so.  

You want to put the Buffalo loss squarely on Revis' shoulders be my guest.

Thanks for your permission.

You act like Sammy Watkins is some scrub, well he isn't.

He's decent enough, aye.  They guy throwing to him was the scrub.

We had plenty of opportunities to win that game, just like we did the previous Buffalo game and choked big time.  It was a TOTAL TEAM EFFORT.

Agreed, a team effort led by Revis' complete failure, the inability of either RB to play to any reasonable level, our WR's inability to hold onto the ball at vital moments, and Fitz not being good enough to overcome his own limitations and the three aforementioned massive, crushing team failings.

To put all the blame for that loss or losses on Revis is really silly.

I don't put "all the blame" on him.  I put an appropriate 16 million dollars worth of blame on the "Island", right where it belongs.  Comes with the paycheck (or it should, if there were less fanbois and more critical thinking).

I get your point that it would have been better to sign Mo last year, then give that money to Revis and I won't even disagree with you in hindsight,

Excellent, I love agreement.

however, he came up big for us a lot of games last year was a big part of the improved play of our secondary.   

Did he?  I don't recall him winning any games by his personal greatness last year.

He's Champ Bailey now.....after Bailey went to Denver and played a few years.

I'd love for him to prove me wrong though, since we're effectively saddled with him and his contract for a while yet.  

I think the jury is still out whether the Jets can tag and trade a 3-4 DE for multiple picks.  I am not seeing the market demand.

If Sheldon was not on probation, a team in contention could theoretically trade for him as a missing piece to a puzzle.  Like the Cardinals.  They got a cheap year out of Chandler Jones and were willing to give up a second round pick and potentially bust player.  To pay $15mm, I don't see a team giving up too much in draft picks, as draft picks in today's NFL are the best way to obtain affordable talent for a 3-5 year period.

I gotta tell you that when the jets signed Revis to that last deal I didn't think it was in the best interest of the team.  But it's done, and it's what it is. Revis should be used to shut down the opposing #2 receiver while the Jets double the top receiver .  It's what's best for the team at this stage of his career , money be dammed .

It's what we should have done in Buffalo.

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

And?

No, I don't actually.  I do not embrace mediocrity, in thinking, or by the Jets.

And no one is stopping you from doing so.  

Thanks for your permission.

He's decent enough, aye.  They guy throwing to him was the scrub.

Agreed, a team effort led by Revis' complete failure, the inability of either RB to play to any reasonable level, our WR's inability to hold onto the ball at vital moments, and Fitz not being good enough to overcome his own limitations and the three aforementioned massive, crushing team failings.

I don't put "all the blame" on him.  I put an appropriate 16 million dollars worth of blame on the "Island", right where it belongs.  Comes with the paycheck (or it should, if there were less fanbois and more critical thinking).

Excellent, I love agreement.

Did he?  I don't recall him winning any games by his personal greatness last year.

He's Champ Bailey now.....after Bailey went to Denver and played a few years.

I'd love for him to prove me wrong though, since we're effectively saddled with him and his contract for a while yet.  

You and I are having a conversation; I don't speak for all Jet fans.  I hope you don't consider my comments the results of  "mediocre thinking" lol.  Back to Revis, I think he will have a good season; will it justify 16 million?  Remains to be seen but I believe our secondary as a whole is much better because of him.    

14 hours ago, Kevin L said:

So is Marcus Williams our best CB due to his high INT to snap ratio?

Possibly.  Cro was a disaster.  Skrine was terrible.  Revis is retired.  For some reason Bowles decided to keep trotting Cro out there when Williams was clearly the much better player.  So yeah, maybe he was our best CB last year.

Either way, I'm not quite sure what that has to do with giving analysis on a players ability to do something he's never been asked to do.  Granted, you might be right in the long run, Maudlin might be a liability in coverage but how do you know?  He wasnt asked to do it and he might never be asked to do it.  And to say his 1 trick isnt good when he had the best snap to sack ratio in the NFL and his 5 sacks we just as many as any 1st round pass rusher last year...all together, it just seemed like poor analysis on Maudlin.

14 hours ago, Kevin L said:

I hope you're right but I'm not giving up Mo in the hope that he does.

If this is your position, I agree.  I'm fully in the DONT TRADE MO camp.  I'd like to keep our best player.  

That said, I still disagree with your analysis of Maudlin.  I think he could really surprise this season in a more full time capacity.

30 minutes ago, JiF said:

Possibly.  Cro was a disaster.  Skrine was terrible.  Revis is retired.  For some reason Bowles decided to keep trotting Cro out there when Williams was clearly the much better player.  So yeah, maybe he was our best CB last year.

Either way, I'm not quite sure what that has to do with giving analysis on a players ability to do something he's never been asked to do.  Granted, you might be right in the long run, Maudlin might be a liability in coverage but how do you know?  He wasnt asked to do it and he might never be asked to do it.  And to say his 1 trick isnt good when he had the best snap to sack ratio in the NFL and his 5 sacks we just as many as any 1st round pass rusher last year...all together, it just seemed like poor analysis on Maudlin.

I hope you're right. I'm just going off his own words. I remember reading an article where he talked about needing to learn how to play coverage this off-season so he can become an every down player. Bowles said much the same thing in the article as well.

Archived