Brandon Marshall '100 percent confident' in Geno Smith as Jets' starter

32EBoozer

12 hours ago, jetrider said:

If players want Fitz they should pressure him to cave, not the Jets FO.

They can pressure anyone they want, but in pressuring the FO what's their leverage? That Mangold or Decker won't re-sign after their current deals are up? That they won't go all-out (which would be screwing over Bowles, who wants Fitz back himself and genuinely seems like a nice guy)? There's just only so much they can do on that front; the team is armed with the public knowledge that no one else is remotely interested in meeting Fitz's demands either.

But yeah, pressuring him may be their last resort. I don't know how much ego is going to play into the mix, though. He's human.

12 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

I haven't read anywhere where these players offered to take a pay cut to sign Fitz. 

11 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Nor would you until it happened. Nobody has to take a pay cut either. 

11 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

The Jets are broke and haven't begun to sign the rookies.  Please tell us where the money is coming from to sign Fitz. 

11 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

The Jets are not broke and have already signed a few rookies. The money can be done by cutting Breno and restructuring some contracts. Hell, they could free up money by coming to an agreement to a contract with Wilkerson. No one needs to take a pay cut, though. 

So in otherwords, a player must be cut (which includes a pay cut) along  with restructuring contracts in order to free up money? The fact that you have to cut Breno IS the pay cut. 

Thats like a company saying: "We dont have to issue pay cuts to any employees salary to get into the black, all we have to do is cut 11,000 employees". lol. 

C'mon Carl. :-) 

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

So in otherwords, a player must be cut (which includes a pay cut) along  with restructuring contracts in order to free up money? The fact that you have to cut Breno IS the pay cut. 

Thats like a company saying: "We dont have to issue pay cuts to any employees salary to get into the black, all we have to do is cut 11,000 employees". lol. 

Cutting a player and asking a player to take a pay cut are two very different things. The former is getting rid of the player, the latter keeps that player. You're arguing verbiage, which is silly. Cutting Breno should happen no matter what. He's awful.

Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

Cutting a player and asking a player to take a pay cut are two very different things. The former is getting rid of the player, the latter keeps that player. You're arguing verbiage, which is silly. Cutting Breno should happen no matter what. He's awful.

A pay cut is a pay cut, whether you politely ask him to take a cut or if you outright cut him. Both processes equate to pay being cut. 

C'mon Carl :-)

A pay cut is a pay cut, whether you politely ask him to take a cut or if you outright cut him. Both processes equate to pay being cut. 

You're right. They're just going to cut Breno's salary and then ask him to play for free. If you can't see how the two are different, then I can't help you. Either way, the point is valid. It would be more restructuring and shedding contracts than asking players to stick around at a lesser number. No matter how you want to twist the words.

You're right. They're just going to cut Breno's salary and then ask him to play for free. If you can't see how the two are different, then I can't help you. Either way, the point is valid. It would be more restructuring and shedding contracts than asking players to stick around at a lesser number. No matter how you want to twist the words.

Now you're just acting ignorant in order to ignore the fact that you were corrected.

although guys like mangold, marshall and decker are very outspoken about fitz returning, at this point i wonder if months of this crap has changed some minds in the front office.  fitz is likely the starter for 1 more season anyway and everyone sees the transition is imminent.  if fitz won't take what the jets are offering sadly i do think geno starts off in TC as the starter.  

Now you're just acting ignorant in order to ignore the fact that you were corrected.

You're wrong. I'm right. What exactly was corrected? A pay cut and cutting a player are two entirely different transactions with completely different end results. A pay cut indicates there would still be some salary left for the employee who stays. That would not be the case because Breno would be fired, pack your bags, clean out your locker, you're done. Where as restructuring Mangold or Marshall, neither player would be going anywhere.

I'm not sure how to make it any clearer for you. You're just probably being intentionally inflammatory for no reason at all. Arguing semantics is a waste of time.

You're wrong. I'm right. What exactly was corrected? A pay cut and cutting a player are two entirely different transactions with completely different end results. A pay cut indicates there would still be some salary left for the employee who stays. That would not be the case because Breno would be fired, pack your bags, clean out your locker, you're done. Where as restructuring Mangold or Marshall, neither player would be going anywhere.

I'm not sure how to make it any clearer for you. You're just probably being intentionally inflammatory for no reason at all. Arguing semantics is a waste of time.

Well, I'm 100% confident about death and taxes, but that doesn't mean it's a good thing. Marshall can march the party line all he wants to the media, the fact is when the cameras are turned off they likely think Geno is a POS punk that they truly wish was gone already.

1 hour ago, Mainejet said:

Well, I'm 100% confident about death and taxes, but that doesn't mean it's a good thing. Marshall can march the party line all he wants to the media, the fact is when the cameras are turned off they likely think Geno is a POS punk that they truly wish was gone already.

#facts

16 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:
16 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

How would the Jets' top wide receiver, Brandon Marshall, feel about Smith potentially starting in 2016? 

"A hundred percent confident in Geno," Marshall told NJ Advance Media on Tuesday. "I think he's grown so much from the first conversation I had with him, before I got traded [from Chicago last offseason], and also since [early] last year when we were roommates.

"He's an ultimate pro right now. I don't know if that's always been the answer [about him]. But I'm just so proud of the kid, because the areas where he's been challenged, he's grown and gotten better." 

Oh gawd! This is the kiss of death for Fitz. Marshall only says that about the incumbent QB. Gino will be our QB this year. :P

I find it very interesting how when the comments are pro Fitz returning, many here point out how none of the players have any confidence in Geno. How then whole team wishes him gone and how they all know the season will be over before it begins, if Geno is the starting QB.

Yet, if any player even hints that Geno will do fine and the team will rally around him,the whole mood changes.

Suddenly guys are corporate whores or mentally challenged or lying thru there teeth.

SMH at the whole thing, you may think that Geno will fail and his past play gives you strong evidence to feel that way.

But before you throw the kid out with the bathwater, you just have to take into account the players he had around him.

Face it, if Geno is given time in the pocket, He is going to get the ball to the wide receivers. Especially the caliber of wide receivers that we now have one this team. I again reminded everyone, that Chan Gailey will design the offense to play to Geno's strengths. Chan will allow Geno to do what he does best and not try to pigeonhole him into things that he does not do well.

I honestly believe we won't know until we see Geno Inder center with the players we now have on this team around him,weather the he will succeed or fail. Yet, you have to think the odds are more in his favor to finally reach the potential he was drafted for, with the team as its constructed this year.

If players want Fitz they should pressure him to cave, not the Jets FO.

They can pressure anyone they want, but in pressuring the FO what's their leverage? That Mangold or Decker won't re-sign after their current deals are up? That they won't go all-out (which would be screwing over Bowles, who wants Fitz back himself and genuinely seems like a nice guy)? There's just only so much they can do on that front; the team is armed with the public knowledge that no one else is remotely interested in meeting Fitz's demands either.

But yeah, pressuring him may be their last resort. I don't know how much ego is going to play into the mix, though. He's human.

I read it to mean that it's the players, not the Jets FO, that have to pressure Fitz. Like, "If players want Fitz THEY should pressure him to cave, not the Jets FO."

7 hours ago, isired said:

I read it to mean that it's the players, not the Jets FO, that have to pressure Fitz. Like, "If players want Fitz THEY should pressure him to cave, not the Jets FO."

Yes I realize. Read the last line.

The beginning, perhaps I should have added, No matter whom they feel like "pressuring" to cave, if they also tried pressuring the FO it likely wouldn't do much because...

32 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Yes I realize. Read the last line.

The beginning, perhaps I should have added, No matter whom they feel like "pressuring" to cave, if they also tried pressuring the FO it likely wouldn't do much because...

FitzMagic wants his money, or he takes his ball and goes home.

Up to a point you can't blame him, but with camp getting ready to start, and his teammates and Jets FO wanting him back (at a certain price)

it's time to pull a Bradford and pack up your tent and make everything right. He tried to play hardball, it failed.

Suck it up, sign the deal, get to camp and show the Jets(Broncos, Rams & Browns) you're a Franchise player. and get your money next yr.  

angry looney tunes yosemite sam anger management temper tantrum

Archived