Rocket Scientists

BowlesMovement

8 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Marshall's 2nd year with Cutler:

100 receptions, 1,295 yards, 13.0 YPR and 12 TD's.

No chemistry, huh?

Maybe Marshall makes the QB, rather than the other way around.

What about his last year with Cutler when they were fighting with each other. He comes to the Jets and almost doubles his production. 

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

What about his last year with Cutler when they were fighting with each other. He comes to the Jets and almost doubles his production. 

If fitz or geno is the qb, lets hope we don't have to find out how good a qb is without the Marshall/decker combo ?

8 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

And I don't love Fitz. I'd take a number of Qbs over him any day. I even preferred last year us signing Hoyer over Fitz. But he did a good job. And it's not smart to battle with him over a few million bucks. He's asked for a one year deal which wouldn't cost the team an arm and a leg. You're not going to get a Qb cheaper than he is who can run our offense this year. There are just none available.  

It's not smart of Fitz to argue over a few million.  He got a more than fair offer.  He has no fallback as a starter or for low starter money.  It's not the jets fault that everyone agrees with them and not Fitz.  

Bottom line, the Jets will play a she duke without Fitz.  Their year will go on. 

Fitzs wont

5 hours ago, SouthernJet said:

Cutler is a Fantasy sleeper for 2016. Solid QB if he has good defense to get leads and the Defense dont KNOW he has to throw. Forte/Marshall,,only thing is new playbook, and that is same story if they trade for Kap. Takes awhile to get those plays down. You can only put so many new plays in a week w/new QB/ Limits schemes for Chan.

Just like I count Bills game as reason why Fitz isnt a 5 year answer for Jets (inconsistent/cant throw in Northeast winds) I dont want to see previous posters telling me about opposite pressure games at end of meaningless seasons when no pressure and opposing teams resting starters who had slightest nicks.Almost preseason players on opposing defenses. Announcers were saying as much.

lets focus on 2016 and whoever is out there with the starting 33. Focus on 33 and focus on 6-4, 5-5 AT WORST at our BYE week. Trust me, 6-4 is really needed, 5-4 will take some wins vs teams we will be underdogs to. But in the end, BLEED GREEN (and pray for Lauren, our sites leaders heart and soul)

People love to mention the last game that Fitz lost, but forget that he won 5 straight before that. Each one of them as close to a must win as you can get and most of them in the winter. If he had managed to win that last game it would have been an epic run. It wasn't and it cost him a lot of money, but it was a lot better experience than 2014.

I really hate seasons that are over before Thanksgiving. I hope Geno changes his stripes but like Sanchez, even during his good games he seems to always find a way to screw up then snow balls. I think there is a better chance that Fitz comes to his senses. 

1 hour ago, PatsFanTX said:

In winter?

Fitz played exactly one game last year when the temperature was below 50 degrees.

Pay attention. Global warming. 50 degrees is the new winter. 

If Fitz deflated the balls we would have won that game and if he had the defensive signals and film of the walkthroughs we would have a Lombardi. 

3 of our last 5 next year will be guaranteed to be over 50 as well. Go take advantage of yourself. 

Yeah we probably have the potentially worst QB situation from our vantage point in the NFL. So what's new.Here's the way I see it though. If Bowles, Mac and Chan were sweatin' it, they would have made a move by now or went out and got another starter. I mean what's a few million if they thought it would mean a winning or losing season because of Fitz. For once in about 35 yrs. I like the coaching and GM situation. I trust these guys. If they are OK going into the season with or without Fitz so am I. Plus I don't see anyone picking up Fitz and I don't think he wants to sit on the couch and get paid nothing. 12 mil is better than nothing. He'll sign.

Archived