Rocket Scientists

BowlesMovement

13 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

Alls I know is that when a QB suddenly has a career year at 33, he usually doesn't follow it up with another career year. 

Maybe, but there are examples of this exact thing happening ie. Rich Gannon and Vinny T. I'm sure there are others, but that's sufficient.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Klecko73isGod said:

Actually I am making as assumption based on Fitz's entire body of work. 

Well we disagree because to me the main thing is what he did with the Jets not ten years ago. And he ran our offense well and other players played well with him. Decker and Marshall both had good seasons. The team played better with Fitz than with Geno. But if you look at his career he has 105 starts mostly with bad teams. And former teammates esp receivers liked playing with him a lot and think he's a good Qb. If he's the rag arm some of these guys are saying divas like Marshall and TO (a real Qb killer) would say so in a minute.

Just now, SouthernJet said:

y aagree, just a dumb one for a veteran IMHO considering he was talking baout OTSa in shorts. I can hear other Vets laughing behind his back. The same ones who didnt lend a hand to pick him up when he was clocked over stiffing a teammate for $600. Geno = Turd

I doubt it. 

Geno is only 25 years old and is in a system he never knew before last year. I think you are trying to make a big deal out of nothing. 

3 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Maybe, but there are examples of this exact thing happening ie. Rich Gannon and Vinny T. I'm sure there are others, but that's sufficient.

So two.... out of literally hundreds. And not for nothin, but VInny wasn't nearly as terrible early in his career as most people make him out to be and he was a Heisman Trophy winner. 

I don't any QB could suffer an arm loss. 

If you have something successful you stay with it. You don't change back to something that didn't work. No 100% guarantees on anything. If Geno is the backup this year he will probably get a chance to play and prove himself. He did play last season and got a game and didn't prove himself. You have to take advantage of your opportunities. 

Just now, Klecko73isGod said:

So two.... out of literally hundreds. And not for nothin, but VInny wasn't nearly as terrible early in his career as most people make him out to be and he was a Heisman Trophy winner. 

Hundreds of QBs have had career years at 33? I'd like to see that list.

2 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

If you have something successful you stay with it. You don't change back to something that didn't work. No 100% guarantees on anything. If Geno is the backup this year he will probably get a chance to play and prove himself. He did play last season and got a game and didn't prove himself. You have to take advantage of your opportunities. 

Geno played in one game and was actually pretty good in that game. He completed 65% of his passes and had two TDs. 

It's not like he stunk up the joint. The defense got shredded that day. 

Hundreds of QBs got worse in their mid-30s and you know that's what I meant. 

For sure, but your hypothesis said that if a QB had a career year at 33, they usually didn't follow it up with a better year. Those are two different stances on aging QBs.

8 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

Geno played in one game and was actually pretty good in that game. He completed 65% of his passes and had two TDs. 

It's not like he stunk up the joint. The defense got shredded that day. 

I saw that game.He was ok. It wasn't all his fault. He also had a pick. But the bottom line is he went into the game and it was 0-0. The team played it's worst game under him in all phases. As soon as Fitz left that game things went south. It's not all arm strength and speed it's other things like leadership, knowledge of your offense, etc. There is no doubt after 2014 (with most of the same players) and 2015 who was the better leader on the team. And this counts a lot. 

Just now, Rangers9 said:

I saw that game.He was ok. It wasn't all his fault. He also had a pick. But the bottom line is he went into the game and it was 0-0. The team played it's worst game under him in all phases. As soon as Fitz left that game things went south. It's not all arm strength and speed it's other things like leadership, knowledge of your offense, etc. There is no doubt after 2014 (with most of the same players) and 2015 who was the better leader on the team. And this counts a lot. 

We had most of the same players in 2015 as we had in 2015? I think you might want to double check that one.

Archived