Broncos getting tired of Sanchez mistakes

AFJF

3 minutes ago, Fibonacci said:

I am not denying the help of Offense. What I am denying is Sanchez's contribution to that offense. Take Sanchez out and insert any average QB to that year's Jets teams, results would be similar. Sanchez wasn't a factor. He wasn't above average. He was just a JAG. 

and those were the best years of his career.... at least he made an insane amount of $$$$ off those 2 years of JAG play.

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

he was a huge factor, we don't make it w/o him. look at what we did in 2008 against weaker sched w/ no Brady and a HOF QB.

He wasn't a factor at all. 

Land with Favre we were 8-3 until his injury.  No matter how many times you try and convince us that it didn't happen and wasn't a factor. 

Put Favre on those two AFCCG teams we get a few home games and we're in the SB. 

Hes a failure everywhere he's been.  Denver is the latest. Not cut yet because they're trying to get something for him.  Kubiak has already said he's carrying QBs and I doubt they're cutting Lynch.

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

He wasn't a factor at all. 

Land with Favre we were 8-3 until his injury.  No matter how many times you try and convince us that it didn't happen and wasn't a factor. 

Put Favre on those two AFCCG teams we get a few home games and we're in the SB. 

no injury excuses, against weak sched w/ no Brady Favre couldn't even get us to the playoffs.  Put Favre on 2009 and 2010 teams and we don't make title games b/c he never wanted to be here and if we could magically put him on those playoff teams he would have done something stupid to send us home like he did in GB 2007 and Min 2009.

16 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

no injury excuses, against weak sched w/ no Brady Favre couldn't even get us to the playoffs.  Put Favre on 2009 and 2010 teams and we don't make title games b/c he never wanted to be here and if we could magically put him on those playoff teams he would have done something stupid to send us home like he did in GB 2007 and Min 2009.

He tore his biceps.  That's not an excuse it's a fact and is part of the history of that team.  I know it doesn't help your Sanchez got more out of this team than a HOF QB but it's a fact.  

Have no idea what wanting to be here has to do with what Favre would have done if Rex tried to talk him into staying on.  Find it interesting that you're so sure Favre would have ruined a playoff team because of a couple of playoff losses while ignoring that he actually did get to and win in the SB.  

Bad mouthing Favre to promote the great Sanchez is not a winning formula

2 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

brother, you have some issues if you think Favre wasnt killing it before his throwing arm was destroyed.  Regardless of where he wanted to play, the guy lived for football imo. He was getting crushed that entire first half of the season.  When the announcer is saying that there is no way that Favre survives the season if he keeps taking those types of hits, and I heard it every game!!!

9 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

He tore his biceps.  That's not an excuse it's a fact and is part of the history of that team.  I know it doesn't help your Sanchez got more out of this team than a HOF QB but it's a fact.  

Have no idea what wanting to be here has to do with what Favre would have done if Rex tried to talk him into staying on.  Bad mouthing Favre to promote the great Sanchez is not a winning formula

that is nothing but an excuse, he was the ironman and would play through anything.  Jet fans are funny, they can bash Chad Pennington for playing through a torn rotator cuff in his throwing shoulder but praise Favre.  only Jet fans.

Mark was better than favre for us, he actually helped us win.

7 minutes ago, whodeawhodat said:

brother, you have some issues if you think Favre wasnt killing it before his throwing arm was destroyed.  Regardless of where he wanted to play, the guy lived for football imo. He was getting crushed that entire first half of the season.  When the announcer is saying that there is no way that Favre survives the season if he keeps taking those types of hits, and I heard it every game!!!

we played a creampuff sched and his #s were skewed by one game.  Take out that one aberration and he threw 14 TDs and 13 INTs "pre injury" but he was killing it!

mark played w/ the same OL as Favre, we had a really good OL in 2008 and 2009.  how in the world can you use the OL as an excuse?

4 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

that is nothing but an excuse, he was the ironman and would play through anything.  Jet fans are funny, they can bash Chad Pennington for playing through a torn rotator cuff in his throwing shoulder but praise Favre.  only Jet fans.

Mark was better than favre for us, he actually helped us win.

we played a creampuff sched and his #s were skewed by one game.  Take out that one aberration and he threw 14 TDs and 13 INTs "pre injury" but he was killing it!

mark played w/ the same OL as Favre, we had a really good OL in 2008 and 2009.  how in the world can you use the OL as an excuse?

Complaining that Favre should have been able to play well with a torn biceps is a pretty lame argument. 

Favre is a SB winning QB, a HOF QB.  This is the dumbest of arguments and not going to change the fact that Sanchez was a failure here and everywhere else he's been. 

Just stop, from believing the OL was the same, ignoring the D, running attack, injury etc this is as pointless as it gets.  

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Complaining that Favre should have been able to play well with a torn biceps is a pretty lame argument. 

Favre is a SB winning QB, a HOF QB.  This is the dumbest of arguments and not going to change the fact that Sanchez was a failure here and everywhere else he's been. 

Just stop, from believing the OL was the same, ignoring the D, running attack, injury etc this is as pointless as it gets.  

Nowhere have I said mark is a better QB but he was better for our team.

are you saying our OL in 2008 wasn't as good as 2009? our run game wasn't as good?  

I don't want to hear injury excuses, we didn't lose b/c he was hurt, we lost b/c he sucked and tanked it when ti got cold against incredibly weak schedule and no Brady around to deal with.

what is pointless is bashing a QB that wanted to be here and HELPED us win while praising a guy that lost and never wanted to be here.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Can he though?  I seem to remember tons and tons of three and outs, which put a lot of pressure on the defense and also caused us to complain profusely about our punters.

Remember when people thought he couldn't throw to the left side, and thus we should run most of our plays to the right side?

Yeah, he sucks on all parts of the field. 

He wasn't terrible with Philly. And there is some talent there. As much as I hate saying it because I couldn't wait until he left the Jets. But any of his shortcomings were 100% on him. And Denver knows something about Qbs. 

1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

are you saying our OL in 2008 wasn't as good as 2009? our run game wasn't as good?  

I don't want to hear injury excuses, we didn't lose b/c he was hurt, we lost b/c he sucked and tanked it when ti got cold against incredibly weak schedule and no Brady around to deal with.

what is pointless is bashing a QB that wanted to be here and HELPED us win while praising a guy that lost and never wanted to be here.

When you talk Sanchez you become the most clueless Fan on the Internet.  When you claim that Favres injury was meaningless and he pissed the season away, when you think that Favre had the benefit of the NFLs leading rushing game and use the schedule as an excuse for winning its confirmed.  

BTW, i have never shlt on a player like Chad for being injured.  Anymore than I would shlt on Toon, Chrebet etc.. Just because some do doesn't mean Favres injury becomes unimportant 

Bye, I'm done with this rediculous argument that only you make.

6 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

At this point, our conversation is over... I enjoyed him as our QB and was a hell of a season until he tore the fvcking bicep in his fvcking throwing arm!!!!

Noteworthy
The Jets knocked off the league's lone unbeaten team and snapped Tennessee's 13-game winning streak, dating back to Dec. 16 of last season. ... The Jets have won five consecutive games for the first time since going 5-0 to begin the 2004 season. ... Washington's 61-yard score was the Jets' longest play of the season. Washington became one of three players to score via the pass, run and kick return this season (J.J. Arrington, Josh Cribbs) ... Titans CB Cortland Finnegan recorded his league-leading fifth interception. ... Titans DE Kyle Vanden Bosch was active for the first time in three games, finishing with four tackles and a half sack.

TEAM LEADERS

NEW YORK JETS  
Passing Cmp Att Yds TDs
B. Favre 25 32 224 2
Rushing Car Yds Avg TDs
T. Jones 27 96 3.6 0
L. Washington 8 82 10.2 2
Receiving Rec Yds Avg TDs
L. Coles 7 88 12.6 1
J. Cotchery 6 55 9.2 0

TENNESSEE TITANS  
Passing Cmp Att Yds TDs
K. Collins 21 39 243 1
Rushing Car Yds Avg TDs
C. Johnson 10 46 4.6 0
L. White 1 -1 -1 0
J. McCareins 4 43 10.8 0
Q. Ganther 3 40 13.3 0

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

When you talk Sanchez you become the most clueless Fan on the Internet.  When you claim that Favres injury was meaningless and he pissed the season away, when you think that Favre had the benefit of the NFLs leading rushing game and use the schedule as an excuse for winning its confirmed.  

BTW, i have never shlt on a player like Chad for being injured.  Anymore than I would shlt on Toon, Chrebet etc.. Just because some do doesn't mean Favres injury becomes unimportant 

Bye, I'm done with this rediculous argument that only you make.

you don't have to agree, Favre was supposedly hurt in october, he had his ONLY good stretch of football in November.  I don't buy the excuses.  did he play? he gets evaluated on how he played.

the #1 rush O is silly, it's blind stats w/o context.  those #s got skewd by the Bills games and Raider game where we ran for a crazy amount.  we did not have a consistent top rushing game and Jones averaged 4.5 YPC in 2008, 4.2 in 2009.  we ran it more w/ a rookie QB and we let Favre throw our season away like we did w/ Vinny in 2000.

the sched was a creampuff sched.  they beat just two playoff bound teams, Miami and tennessee.  Both of those teams were one and done at home in the playoffs.  we had NO Tom Brady to worry about, you think that makes a big deal?

1 minute ago, whodeawhodat said:

At this point, our conversation is over... I enjoyed him as our QB and was a hell of a season until he tore the fvcking bicep in his fvcking throwing arm!!!!

Noteworthy
The Jets knocked off the league's lone unbeaten team and snapped Tennessee's 13-game winning streak, dating back to Dec. 16 of last season. ... The Jets have won five consecutive games for the first time since going 5-0 to begin the 2004 season. ... Washington's 61-yard score was the Jets' longest play of the season. Washington became one of three players to score via the pass, run and kick return this season (J.J. Arrington, Josh Cribbs) ... Titans CB Cortland Finnegan recorded his league-leading fifth interception. ... Titans DE Kyle Vanden Bosch was active for the first time in three games, finishing with four tackles and a half sack.

TEAM LEADERS

NEW YORK JETS  
Passing Cmp Att Yds TDs
B. Favre 25 32 224 2
Rushing Car Yds Avg TDs
T. Jones 27 96 3.6 0
L. Coles 7 88 12.6 1
J. Cotchery 6 55 9.2 0

TENNESSEE TITANS  
Passing Cmp Att Yds TDs
K. Collins 21 39 243 1
Rushing Car Yds Avg TDs
C. Johnson 10 46 4.6 0
L. White 1 -1 -1 0
J. McCareins 4 43 10.8 0
Q. Ganther 3 40 13.3 0

he was supposedly hurt prior to this game, he had a FEW good games that season.  he was mostly bad but we had such a creampuff sched we kept winning.  This was a man that was outplayed by JAMARCUS RUSSELL among other awful QBs in games that year.  he kept opponents in our games when we should have killed them.

8 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I deal in reality, you guys deal in out of context stats.

That's pretty funny.? You've blamed us and Philly and probably next Denver. I mean Sanchez couldn't beat out a 7th round pick out of Northwestern and a guy who wasn't their starter until his senior year. And Simien throws a pick six in an exhibition game and still finds a way to beat Mark out. 

16 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I deal in reality, you guys deal in out of context stats.

No you deal in dodging the issue and tossing anything you can to distract from the true topic.  The issue in many of these discussions is pretty simple, what quality of a Qb is sanchez.  Since that topic is pretty well defined and closed for all reasonable people  (ie he is not good, has been bounced from at least two soild starter opportunities the last few years and is getting beat our by rookies and 7th rounders)

Instead we get the usual flood of bring up guys like Favre, rivers, geno, lack of weapons, bad gms, etc etc.... all of these things are tossed like mud against the wall trying to cover up the portrait of a failed underachieving Qb that you fell in love with at some point in time and like many people these days would rather look like an idiot defending that stance than simply saying, I may have been wrong or at the very least, you all may have a point.

34 minutes ago, whodeawhodat said:

Noteworthy

TEAM LEADERS

NEW YORK JETS  
Passing Cmp Att Yds TDs
B. Favre 25 32 224 2
Rushing Car Yds Avg TDs
T. Jones 27 96 3.6 0
L. Coles 7 88 12.6 1
J. Cotchery 6 55 9.2 0

TENNESSEE TITANS  
Passing Cmp Att Yds TDs
K. Collins 21 39 243 1
Rushing Car Yds Avg TDs
C. Johnson 10 46 4.6 0
L. White 1 -1 -1 0
J. McCareins 4 43 10.8 0
Q. Ganther 3 40 13.3 0

I was at that game.  By far, the most enjoyable JETS experience live in my lifetime.  

26 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

That's pretty funny.? You've blamed us and Philly and probably next Denver. I mean Sanchez couldn't beat out a 7th round pick out of Northwestern and a guy who wasn't their starter until his senior year. And Simien throws a pick six in an exhibition game and still finds a way to beat Mark out. 

I blamed Philly? when?  the only person I blamed was Idzik who destroyed the careers of two of our QBs by demanding Geno start as a rookie.

20 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

No you deal in dodging the issue and tossing anything you can to distract from the true topic.  The issue in many of these discussions is pretty simple, what quality of a Qb is sanchez.  Since that topic is pretty well defined and closed for all reasonable people  (ie he is not good, has been bounced from at least two soild starter opportunities the last few years and is getting beat our by rookies and 7th rounders)

Instead we get the usual flood of bring up guys like Favre, rivers, geno, lack of weapons, bad gms, etc etc.... all of these things are tossed like mud against the wall trying to cover up the portrait of a failed underachieving Qb that you fell in love with at some point in time and like many people these days would rather look like an idiot defending that stance than simply saying, I may have been wrong or at the very least, you all may have a point.

I dodge nothing.  B/c I back Sanchez does not mean I call him great just as when I bash a guy like favre does not mean I think he sucked.  This is basic reading comprehension folks. I have criticized Mark a ton and I have praised him a ton.  I appreciate players that help my team win.

17 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

I was at that game.  By far, the most enjoyable JETS experience live in my lifetime.  

what other games have you been to?  that was a fun game but unfortunately the last fun we'd have that season.

2 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I blamed Philly? when?  the only person I blamed was Idzik who destroyed the careers of two of our QBs by demanding Geno start as a rookie.

I dodge nothing.  B/c I back Sanchez does not mean I call him great just as when I bash a guy like favre does not mean I think he sucked.  This is basic reading comprehension folks. I have criticized Mark a ton and I have praised him a ton.  I appreciate players that help my team win.

What 2 Jets Qbs did Idzik destroy. Like it was his fault that Mark got injured. The only Qb I remember getting destroyed here was Tebow. Not because he failed here but because he never got a chance here. I mean he was only allowed 8 pass attempts for the entire season. I think even Kerley had more. Here was a guy they traded for after he almost single handedly knocked us out of the playoffs. I don't know about you but with Mark playing terrible in 2012 I wanted to see what he could do. We had nothing to lose but Rex refused to allow him to play except on 3rd downs and obvious running plays. Now there's a player who really was ruined. 

9 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Now you're making things up. Geno started because Sanchez got injured in the preseason. I dont like Idzik, but don't make sh*t up. Theres enough evidence of him sucking that we don't need to fabricate any. 

4 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

what are we on a date?

please don't project your fantasies on me.  I simply asked the question to see what other good games you have attended.

1 minute ago, Rangers9 said:

What 2 Jets Qbs did Idzik destroy. Like it was his fault that Mark got injured. The only Qb I remember getting destroyed here was Tebow. Not because he failed here but because he never got a chance here. I mean he was only allowed 8 pass attempts for the entire season. I think even Kerley had more. Here was a guy they traded for after he almost single handedly knocked us out of the playoffs. I don't know about you but with Mark playing terrible in 2012 I wanted to see what he could do. We had nothing to lose but Rex refused to allow him to play except on 3rd downs and obvious running plays. Now there's a player who really was ruined. 

he ruined Sanchez and geno.  

Tebow? he's not a QB so hard to ruin him and Tebow never played while Idzik was our GM.

4 minutes ago, Jet9 said:

Now you're making things up. Geno started because Sanchez got injured in the preseason. I dont like Idzik, but don't make sh*t up. Theres enough evidence of him sucking that we don't need to fabricate any. 

The competition was a sham, mark should have been declared starter but Idzik was pressuring Rex to start geno which was why rex put him in that Giant game when he got hurt and ruined our season.

3 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

please don't project your fantasies on me.  I simply asked the question to see what other good games you have attended.

he ruined Sanchez and geno.  

Tebow? he's not a QB so hard to ruin him and Tebow never played while Idzik was our GM.

No, Rex did that! 

Idzik ruined Sanchez now?  Is that the narrative this guy is spinning?  Over the span of 2 seasons prior to Idzik's arrival, Sanchez threw a total of 36 interceptions and fumbled the ball 24 times (11 lost). 

47 turnovers in 2 seasons.  In 31 starts.  Over 1.5 turnovers per game.  Including a fumble into his lineman's ass.  And he got extremely lucky that the offense recovered 13 of his other fumbles.

2 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

In 2012 imo we'd have won more games with Tebow starting than with Mark. And that doesn't mean that TT was a good Qb. 

unless we were holding opps to under 10 PPg like denver in 2011 we wouldn't have won more games w/ tebow- we would have won less.

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Idzik ruined Sanchez now?  Is that the narrative this guy is spinning?  Over the span of 2 seasons prior to Idzik's arrival, Sanchez threw a total of 36 interceptions and fumbled the ball 24 times (11 lost).

mark stunk in 2012 w/ no talent around him, in 2011 he was good w/ mediocre talent around him.  He had ONE bad season for us but Idzik wanted his guy and it's why Idzik will never be a GM again in this league.

4 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

mark stunk in 2012 w/ no talent around him, in 2011 he was good w/ mediocre talent around him.  He had ONE bad season for us but Idzik wanted his guy and it's why Idzik will never be a GM again in this league.

lol.  One bad season.  You're a joke. 

Just how many people, exactly, are you going to blame for one guy sucking at his job?  What are your excuses for his failures in Philly and Denver?  Was it Idzik again?

3 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

In his defense, and he does stink, the JETS gave up 24 unanswered points in both games.  REX was outcoached in both games.

Jim Caldwell did not outcoach Rex in that 2010 game, unless you consider most of the Jets CBs going down with an injury and Greene breaking his ribs outcoaching.

Also, the defense didn't give up 24 points in Pittsburgh.  They gave up 17, which should be good enough to win.

To beat Manning, Brady, Rivers, etc. on the road in the playoffs with a QB that bad is a pretty impressive job by Rex.

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

lol.  One bad season.  You're a joke. 

Just how many people, exactly, are you going to blame for one guy sucking at his job?

he had one bad season for us, he gets his share of the blame but no one would have succeeded w/ Chaz Schilens, Stephen Hill and co.

Just now, detectivekimble said:

Jim Caldwell did not outcoach Rex in that 2010 game, unless you consider most of the Jets CBs going down with an injury and Greene breaking his ribs outcoaching.

Also, the defense didn't give up 24 points in Pittsburgh.  They gave up 17, which should be good enough to win.

I didnt say defense, I said JETS and regardless, the JETS gave up 24 unanswered points in the 2nd half against Colts.  Greene injury or not, a good coach figures out how to keep the ball out of Peytons hands a bit more than our great coaching staff.

Just now, southparkcpa said:

I didnt say defense, I said JETS and regardless, the JETS gave up 24 unanswered points in the 2nd half against Colts.  Greene injury or not, a good coach figures out how to keep the ball out of Peytons hands a bit more than our great coaching staff.

Peyton vs. the #4 and #5 CBs has nothing to do with coaching.  Peyton has the advantage there every time.  He's Peyton ******* Manning.

10 minutes ago, detectivekimble said:

Peyton vs. the #4 and #5 CBs has nothing to do with coaching.  Peyton has the advantage there every time.  He's Peyton ******* Manning.

to be fair he didn't start having success that day until our guys started dropping like flies and his history in postseason is checkered at best.

Archived